Prometheus 2 set for March 4th 2016

Started by Gazz, Mar 24, 2014, 10:33:49 PM

Author
Prometheus 2 set for March 4th 2016 (Read 112,183 times)

Lemonade

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jun 25, 2014, 10:03:16 PM
Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 25, 2014, 09:36:49 PM
I will feel so sad, so betrayed, and so legitimately hurt if Ridley doesn't do Prometheus 2. You promised Noomi, Ridley! You owe it to us fans to see your vision through. We want Shaw and David through either your eyes only, or not at all. :'(

there's plenty of other directors who are just as talented who can take his place. i doubt fox will drop it if he doesnt direct.

Nope. I want the father of this universe to be the director.

hfeldhaus

to do P2 he would have to shoot back to back with the martian, and edit both of them in a 2 year time slot, doubt its going to happen. would be very interested in seeing david fincher take the seat again. he really can do f**ked up and perverse, thats where ridley dropped the ball for me in prometheus

Lemonade

They can always push P2 back.

hfeldhaus

True but if they want to keep to the set date then there's gunna be trouble hitting it with Ridley

Blacklabel

First film didnt make that much profit for Fox. :P

Gravity came out and now i bet that Ridley wants to get some of that "scifi OSCAR winning" action.. and that's why he's gonna do "Castaway on Mars" with Matt Damon, lolz.

Lemonade

$403m on a $130m budget... Fox was very happy.

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 26, 2014, 02:54:38 AM
$403m on a $130m budget... Fox was very happy.

Agreed lemonade. It just seems that they weren't sure whether or not to go too big with it - like they just tested the water and tried to see if ridley could create (if indeed he had the final say)  something that would be similar to alien in that it  sparked the imagination and mystery and then they milk it for every cent it was worth - the only place left to go was to the source (of or part of the original mystery) as the xenos were milked dry.

Which is why I really hope ridley does direct p2 and does more of the same - but I have uneasy feeling that might not be the case........

hfeldhaus

Fox went huge with Prometheus. In fact the only other they have hyped more is x-men days of future past. The marketing was immense for this

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Blacklabel on Jun 26, 2014, 01:47:09 AM
First film didnt make that much profit for Fox. :P

f**k knows with Hollywood accounting. But here's my take:

It cost $130m to make. Then you still need to add advertising and other promotional costs. Lets say $200m total.

It would then need to make $400m at the box office just to break even. Most likely the real profits would only start with BD/DVD sales/rentals and broadcasting.

SM

SM

A film is generally considered successful if it makes back three times it's budget.  Prometheus did this, even before you factor in the $40+m it made on the DVD/ Blu-Ray market.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I assume "considered successful" would mean the same as considered profitable?
Pretty close call then if it needed to make $390m to fit that criteria.

Like I said, there's no doubt that it made money. It just wasn't a huge money spinner for Fox.

SM

SM

Successful is successful.  Profitable is a whole other kettle of fish.  Depends on the accounting used.  Prometheus could've made $200m and still just turned a profit after factoring in marketing and promotion, or it could've been like some films that make squillions while the studio cooks the books so it looks like the film lost money so certain vested interests don't get any money from back end deals.

T Dog

T Dog

I really hope they get a new director in and Giger the shit out of P2.

SM

SM

Latter might be difficult.

Unless he had some really bizarre stipulations in his will...

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: SM on Jun 26, 2014, 11:18:00 PM
Latter might be difficult.

Unless he had some really bizarre stipulations in his will...

Well surely they can go back to the bones and car engine walls without getting a lawsuit on their hands?
In addition to the original GIANT space jockey design.

Prometheus was far too clean and generic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed