How did Weyland-Yutani get bought out by Walmart?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jul 02, 2014, 02:50:45 AM

Author
How did Weyland-Yutani get bought out by Walmart? (Read 17,476 times)

LastSurvivor92

I never FULLY understood how this came underway. What happened to Weyland-Yutani?

SM

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: SM on Jul 02, 2014, 02:54:34 AM
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/13122013_01.jpg

Thats awesome SM! Although I looked online for it and am not able to find it. Amazon, Ebay etc. No other site has it :(

SM

It'll be out in a few months.  It and Sea of Sorrows will explore WY's fate a bit more.

Local Trouble

Did you receive an advance copy to edit?

LastSurvivor92

Hopefully we will get an explanation for Walmart's takeover.  :laugh: Weyland-Yutani must of crumbled underneath the feet of some other corporation or 'company'. Maybe a war went on and crippled the Weyland-Yutani corp financially so it was pretty much up for grabs and Walmart bought them out. lol, idk.

Local Trouble

Yup, must of.

JPredator

never happened. Do know how i know this? becasue it is so utterly, incomprehsibly stupid that it can not possibly be seen as anything more then a sick joke.

This Alien Ressurection 'film' is nothing more then a fan-fiction that was added as a bonus feature in the Alien Anthology blu-ray set.

There is no Alien Ressurection only Alien Trilogy.

SM

u srsly mad about a deleted scene  :laugh:

JPredator

im seriously mad about the whole film.

I respect the the fact that the film has its fans, but i just can not get over me hate of that film. THat deleted scene was the cherry on the top.

SM

Have you considered therapy?

Russ

It is indicative of the whole Whedon *ka-bom-tish* feel of the film. Look, fans will analyise and over-analyise, but this was just a throw away line (that now someone has to justify in the Wey-Yu book and novels and so on). I can't imagine - for one second - that this was anything other than a bit of "social commentary" by Joss.

As I type, I wonder if there were any Wal-Mart scandals at the time they were writing (say, if he'd been writing it in 2010, would it have been "They've been taken over by BP").

Quote from: JPredator on Jul 18, 2014, 08:49:38 AM
im seriously mad about the whole film.

I respect the the fact that the film has its fans, but i just can not get over me hate of that film. THat deleted scene was the cherry on the top.

Today is "agree with JPredator" day. Though, the Wal-Mart line didn't annoy me as much as the "who do I have to f**k" line. I was nearly sick when that one was trotted out.

I'm going to adopt JPred's perspective - its shitty fan fiction. I'm surprised 8 and the Android didn't shower together and "explore each other's bodies."

Millions of dollars -- they had millions of f**king dollars. A chance to do something really great - instead of that, some French whimsy bullshit.

I am in therapy at the moment.

JPredator

i think this film actually did traumatise me lol.therapy prob would have helped

it was the first alien film i saw in the cinema so hit me hard.

i agree with Russ on the dialogue, completely took me out of the film and made the characters really hard to relate to. They wernt characters as much as they were whedonisms ported over from buffy the vampire slayer. the tone, the dialogue....it was all just so wrong for an alien film.

when i watched the extended version that began with the 'alien-y' fly in the cockpit apart of me died. the wallmart line got me as well. it was very apparent that this film was a joke. a parady of the previous films.

the general idea behind the film might have worked with a director and writter more suited to this type of film. jeanut and whedon are good at what they do in their respective styles, but were wrong for alien.

SM

Quotethat now someone has to justify in the Wey-Yu book and novels and so on

Or not.  Seeing as how, you know, deleted and all.

But it's good to see that mindless hyperbole isn't dead.

Russ

Quote from: SM on Jul 18, 2014, 09:30:11 AM
Quotethat now someone has to justify in the Wey-Yu book and novels and so on

But it's good to see that mindless hyperbole isn't dead.

Another hilarious comeback.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed