Aliens on earth

Started by dagoba6, Mar 14, 2007, 04:04:07 PM

Author
Aliens on earth (Read 1,424 times)

dagoba6

dagoba6

Any idea on how the Aliens get to earth in the new AVP2 movie?

insaniac

insaniac

One can only assume that AVP2 will be a direct pickup from the first AVP. If so, I think its kinda lame that a chestburster newborn "predalien" is capable of taking down a huge ship fully accompanied by predators. I guess those chestbursters like to chew on electrical/power cables! Not to mention, since predators are technically advanced, how in the hell could 30 or so predators from the first AVP not tell the "scar" predator was a host for a facehugger. They seem like they have little problem seeing through organic matter. Perhaps the predators knew about the predalien and intentionally left the scar predator on the honor table, waiting for it to come out? Who knows! Even so, the predator ship was fully out of earth's atmosphere when the predalien was born. So this is a major loophole if it is a direct pickup

I can only hope AVP2 has no affiliation with AVP.

Darkness

Darkness

I raised this subject a while ago cos I can't figure out where the aliens come from either. Or where a possible Queen might come from. Best guess is that there are eggs on the predator ship that crashes.

Danger Close

Danger Close

This question could mean the success or defeat of AVP2. Since it is set around the present day, I agree that it could be from the crashed ship. sounds lame... but, think of it this way.

Predators know SCAR has the chestburster, But chose to let it mature for a good hunt. It would be silly to think the Predators could not tell SCAR was host.        Here are y 2 ideas...
1. Predators have to much honor to let thier own become a host, so if a Predator accidentally becomes host, then they have a special hunt in honour of the fallen(SCAR). Since SCAR was a teen, perhaps his teacher or father has the honor of the hunt. Hence 1 Pred on earth. The Hybrid unexpectedly is a Queen or can do what the Alien in Alien 1 did to Dallas.(in deleted scene).
2.The Hybrid matures and escapes into the ship, days have passed( I hated that in AVP 1 the Aliens lifecycle was like 10 min. As some Predator search the ship, others, while in earths orbit, decide to head down for a hunt or 2. While a predator steps into his shuttle to drop to earth, the half grown hybrid make a rush for the pod. It slams in as the doors are shutting. The shuttle has already begun it's prep and proceeds to drop down to earth. 1 Predator sees this happen and rushes to another pod. by the time he gets down to the other pod, all thats left is the ripped apart body of the other predator. Thus you get 1 Predator on the hunt.

Don Dorris

Don Dorris

Quote from: Fawdrey on Mar 18, 2007, 02:44:33 AM

2.The Hybrid matures and escapes into the ship, days have passed( I hated that in AVP 1 the Aliens lifecycle was like 10 min. As some Predator search the ship, others, while in earths orbit, decide to head down for a hunt or 2. While a predator steps into his shuttle to drop to earth, the half grown hybrid make a rush for the pod. It slams in as the doors are shutting. The shuttle has already begun it's prep and proceeds to drop down to earth. 1 Predator sees this happen and rushes to another pod. by the time he gets down to the other pod, all thats left is the ripped apart body of the other predator. Thus you get 1 Predator on the hunt.

I think it would be a bit much if a large section of the movie is about the Preds fighting the Predalien onboard their ship with no humans present...it humanises the Preds too much.

Danger Close

Danger Close

Your right about needing to move quickly onboard the Pred ship, sorta like with what they did with the Facehugger at the start of Alien 3. They can't show too much, but give the audience somthing more realistic than the Hybrid crashing the whote ship. Besides, my idea was for there to be little action on the ship, just set up.

Don Dorris

Don Dorris

All we need is a replay of the end of AvP1 to show the Predalien birth. Then during the credits have quick shots of blood flying and mayhem, then another quick shot of acid blood eating away at the hull, then cut to a long shot of the ship re-entering the atmosphere of earth, perhaps showing a shot on Earth itself of a fireball shooting across the sky and crashing in some mountains/hills. The next time we have anything to do with the creatures it's the Pred vision of the lone hunter investigating the crash site, kind of like the Pred in Pred1 investigating the scene of the carnage after Dutch and his team inflitrate the command posts etc. Perhaps seeing dead preds in his vision and some alien eggs or just some clue that aliens have escaped from the crash as well.

Subtle and a hell of a lot better than going overboard at the start.

Danger Close

Danger Close

We each have good idea's, Bond movies always start with a bang and it seems to work. It just sets up the action, I just can't see a lone Alien, Hybrid or not, taking down a pred ship of that size. I'm not saying it can't be done... Aliens are smart but....

fluxcap

fluxcap

Heres the worst possible scenario they could come up with, a Weyland search & rescue team excavates the blast zone from the Predator's mini nuke and they miraculously find an alien egg intact (gasp!). They keep it in stasis and bring it back to whatever city the movie takes place in then of course the facehugger latches onto someone at their facility and voila a crappy set up to AVP 2.

SM

SM

QuoteIf so, I think its kinda lame that a chestburster newborn "predalien" is capable of taking down a huge ship fully accompanied by predators.

'Cos acid blood wouldn't have anything to do with it of course...

Lovely Man gets it.

Hardass Predator

Hardass Predator

Quote from: fluxcap on Mar 22, 2007, 04:13:10 AM
Heres the worst possible scenario they could come up with, a Weyland search & rescue team excavates the blast zone from the Predator's mini nuke and they miraculously find an alien egg intact (gasp!). They keep it in stasis and bring it back to whatever city the movie takes place in then of course the facehugger latches onto someone at their facility and voila a crappy set up to AVP 2.
actually that makes more sense than the ship crash landing on earth, because by the time the predalien has time to mature, they would of already be to mars by then so i actually bet that that is more of what they are going for, unless that bullshit script is true

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed