Which franchise should AVP2's style resemble?

Started by The Unknown, Nov 04, 2007, 04:22:34 PM

The AVP's should resemble this franchises directing style more:

Alien
9 (31%)
Predator
6 (20.7%)
Both (explain)
14 (48.3%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Author
Which franchise should AVP2's style resemble? (Read 1,119 times)

Anomaly

So I'm hearing a lot of inner debates going on about which film style is the best and which is the right approach for future films.

Which do you think had the better creature effects house and lighting?

Which do you think had the best pacing, directing, acting?

Which had the best ratio of action to story?

Vote now. How should AVP2 and beyond be approached?

ShadowPred

Well from what i've seen is that the aliens style should resemble on AVP2 more, because i see nothing that says aliens in that movie besides the fact that there are aliens in the movie.

nukem11

I think its a mixture of both.

Anomaly

Quote from: nukem11 on Nov 04, 2007, 04:24:23 PM
I think its a mixture of both.

New option added.

ShadowPred

In the future a mixture of both because AVP was nothing like both franchises, AVP2 is more Predator than anything, AVP3 should at least be more Alien if you tell me.

Kriszilla

It needs to have an alien-timeline setting.

Aeus

Aliens.

Pvt. Hicks

Russian_Predator

I love more Predators than Aliens.  8)

fluxcap

I would think the film should have its own style, but since this is a franchise I would say Aliens.

ShadowPred

Alien style is the only way to go, that is the only way to even make it suspenseful or even scary.

Xenomorphine

'Alien' for horror. 'Aliens' for a sense of realism. 'Predator' for mystery. 'Predator 2' for how to convey presence and power.

TheUrbanPredator

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 04, 2007, 05:35:39 PM
'Alien' for horror. 'Aliens' for a sense of realism. 'Predator' for mystery. 'Predator 2' for how to convey presence and power.

Exactly what you said. I think AvP-R should be resemble both of the franchises but mostly Predator. I say this cos it's an Alien V Predator movie so it should contain elements from both franchises. I say it should resemble Predator mostly cos that film is a classic and to go back to the roots it should resemble that film.

War Wager

Alien/Aliens/Predator

The first half of the movie will be the dark and atmospheric Alien, the next half will be the adrenaline pumping fury of Aliens and Predator.

Aeus

Quote from: War Wager on Nov 04, 2007, 07:19:34 PM
Alien/Aliens/Predator

The first half of the movie will be the dark and atmospheric Alien, the next half will be the adrenaline pumping fury of Aliens and Predator.

The movie starts off with a lot of action. So I've heard.  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed