Wolf saw himself in the burnd guy?

Started by vortep, Nov 02, 2007, 04:42:30 PM

Author
Wolf saw himself in the burnd guy? (Read 10,013 times)

ShadowPred

Quote from: Master Chief on Nov 02, 2007, 05:01:23 PM
View the trailer again.  When it switches back to Pred view, he's looking at the Alien.  He doesn't care about the guy.

Once again you prove me right when i said that it depends on the viewer.

Dusk

Dusk

Quote from: Master Chief on Nov 02, 2007, 05:01:23 PM
View the trailer again.  When it switches back to Pred view, he's looking at the Alien.  He doesn't care about the guy.

I don't think so. He didn't really look at the Alien, he was just still in Alien vision mode. Why would he even look at the Alien again? To make sure it's dead? He blasted its head off. They could've shown him turning away the moment he killed the Alien, but they didn't.

Now it's up to the audience to decide whether he's just a sadistic bitch, or if he remembered the time ge got burned once they see how he looks like underneath the helmet.

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: superunknown on Nov 02, 2007, 05:02:04 PM
Quote from: Gates on Nov 02, 2007, 04:58:32 PM
Quote from: superunknown on Nov 02, 2007, 04:56:27 PM
What do you guys think Predators are, Aliens?  ;D

:D

That's going to start another sh!t storm...

Hey I'm only going by what's been established in the movies.

The Predator didn't kill Anna, it didn't kill the little boy in Predator 2, it didn't kill Leona or the naked chick, and at the end the Predators gave Harrigan a gift.

If any of this happened in AvP R, Pred fanboys would be throwing hissy fits because they feel it "pussifies" the Predator.

The Predator is not the one without conscience, remorse, or delusions or morality.

That's the Alien, the perfect killing machine.

Get the monsters right.

So why should that keep the Predator from a being a sadistic f**k? Humans aren't Aliens either, but we do horrible things to each other and enjoy them. Why can't the Predator? He's here to kill Aliens, but if humans get in his way, he finds it "oh so delightful."

Horhey

Horhey

At first I thought he may have felt sorry for the guy becouse he stopped and staired, but then realised he was just looking at the Alien. Predators dont think like we do. They view humans the way we view animals like fish and chicken.

Master Chief

Quote from: Dusk on Nov 02, 2007, 05:06:42 PM
I don't think so. He didn't really look at the Alien, he was just still in Alien vision mode...

That's what I'm sayin'.  He couldn't even see the human.

and ShadowPred, quit keeping tabs on how many times I've proven you right..haha.

Der_Meister

he accidently killed a human cause of the Alien blood , I sure hope he won't get traumatized

Dusk

Dusk

Quote from: Horhey on Nov 02, 2007, 05:10:00 PM
They view humans the way we view animals like fish and chicken.

If that were the case, why would they even bother to hunt us? Depending on how skillfull we are I think they'd rate us from Deer to Lion.

ShadowPred

At first I thought he may have felt sorry for the guy becouse he stopped and staired, but then realised he was just looking at the Alien. Predators dont think like we do. They view humans the way we view animals like fish and chicken.

once again more proof  that it is up to the viewer to decide what they see.

Porkus Maximus

QuoteThe Predator didn't kill Anna, it didn't kill the little boy in Predator 2, it didn't kill Leona or the naked chick, and at the end the Predators gave Harrigan a gift.

I think Leona is the only real example of mercy since she was definately armed but still allowed to live.  I don't think of it as un-armed prey being "off limits" so much as they're simply no fun to kill.  If Anna or the small boy had been armed I think the predator might have tried to kill them.

nukem11

nukem11

Yeah I thought something like  this when I saw that bit.

Dusk

Dusk

Quote from: Master Chief on Nov 02, 2007, 05:10:21 PM
That's what I'm sayin'.  He couldn't even see the human.

Maybe not as clear as he would in his other vision mode, but I think he's able to realize that the guy below the Alien just died a painful death. And again, why would he keep watching the Alien? You don't see him gazing on the Alien he decapitated earlier. He could've moved on once he blew it's head off, but he didn't.

Horhey

Horhey

Quote from: Dusk on Nov 02, 2007, 05:13:43 PM

If that were the case, why would they even bother to hunt us? Depending on how skillfull we are I think they'd rate us from Deer to Lion.

I meant they value human life, the same way we value the life of a fish. People dont feel sorry for the fish they catch. You know what I mean.

ShadowPred

Quote from: Horhey on Nov 02, 2007, 05:20:26 PM
Quote from: Dusk on Nov 02, 2007, 05:13:43 PM

I meant they value human life, the same way we value the life of a fish. People dont feel sorry for the fish they catch. You know what I mean.

I did a long time ago.

Der_Meister

the guy was screwed.He either was was gonna killed by the Alien or by Alien blood.

Dusk

Dusk

Quote from: Horhey on Nov 02, 2007, 05:20:26 PM

If you try to compare a Predator's with human's sentiments, you should at least compare them with our earthly hunters. I probably wouldn't feel sorry when I killed a fish, but I'd certainly feel something when I'd shoot a deer and it's painfully dying.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed