Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer!

Started by MudButt, Mar 19, 2024, 10:45:28 PM

Author
Alien Romulus Teaser Trailer! (Read 47,525 times)

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Quote from: SiL on Mar 21, 2024, 11:04:20 PM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Mar 21, 2024, 10:49:41 PMYou know that facehugger swarm is really haunting to witness. I think it's probably more effective than a horde of Warriors nowadays, probably because we gotten so used to them. I know there's like a section of swarms of facehuggers in a comic book but I haven't read it and they only source I listen to is from YouTube and that was a while ago. I think I haven't even finished it.
Aliens: Berserk
Wait, I thought it was that one comic alien defiance that had a scene like this. There was another one like it?

SiL

SiL

Yes, it was from the 90s.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 21, 2024, 11:07:09 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 21, 2024, 10:58:46 PMHuggers getting to shine in this one.

👁🕸👁👉👈Luckily I'm somewhat both arachno- lover / phobic.

I think you're in for a treat.

Local Trouble

I can't wait for a full trailer that shows the reanimated corpse of Ian Holm.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 21, 2024, 11:13:30 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 21, 2024, 10:58:46 PMHuggers getting to shine in this one.

I think you're in for a treat.

Hell yeah 8)👍

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 21, 2024, 11:15:51 PMI can't wait for a full trailer that shows the reanimated corpse of Ian Holm.

Uncanny valley?

Local Trouble

I'm sure it will be very tastefully done.

Immortan Jonesy

:o

Spoiler
[close]

LastSonofKrypton

My expectations are low given past movies, but I have to admit, that was a great trailer

motherfather

motherfather

At 0:45 in the trailer it looks like a broad-shouldered character near the doors in the background is *deliberately* unleashing a facehugger onto the character in the foreground.

They don't seem to react at all / flinch to the facehugger leaping around, so I presume this is deliberate, and they didn't let the hugger into the room by accident.

Oh - and maybe an Easter Egg - at 0:49 when the Ripley-esque character stands near an archway, the wire pattern on the archway above her head and slightly behind her is (half) the shape of the octagon self-destruct countdown computer screen used by Mother in the original Alien film

Gedimen

Gedimen

I'm getting tired of facehuggers, tbh.

Prometheus242

This teaser hit all the right notes. I hope we get a DVD set called The Alien Hptalogy. 8) I'm sure we'll get one for streaming.

jacobo1122

jacobo1122

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Mar 21, 2024, 11:10:50 PM
Quote from: SiL on Mar 21, 2024, 11:04:20 PM
Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Mar 21, 2024, 10:49:41 PMYou know that facehugger swarm is really haunting to witness. I think it's probably more effective than a horde of Warriors nowadays, probably because we gotten so used to them. I know there's like a section of swarms of facehuggers in a comic book but I haven't read it and they only source I listen to is from YouTube and that was a while ago. I think I haven't even finished it.
Aliens: Berserk
Wait, I thought it was that one comic alien defiance that had a scene like this. There was another one like it?

And recently there was a swarm of facehuggers in Dark Descent in one of first cutscenes. So we got that visual in motion, but now it's time for live action one.

Scott Conover

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 21, 2024, 09:35:50 AM
Quote from: carnotaurus1350 on Mar 20, 2024, 08:25:03 PMFun thing to note - this is labeled as "trailer 2" which seems to imply another trailer is locked and loaded (perhaps where the new social media stinger footage is from):

https://i.imgur.com/fmgxsbH.png
On another note, here's a clearer look at the Xeno and Facehuggers from a ProRes version of the trailer:

https://twitter.com/agarcia_46/status/1770536194541260851

The facehuggers do look significantly different in that shot, not like the one Fede shared in the Alien Day still? A lot more volume to them. I can see the Super Facehugger vibes in the colours there too.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 20, 2024, 09:17:47 PMI like the rifle itself.  It's a nice marriage of the aesthetics from both of the first two films.

Honestly, after those boring rifles in Prometheus and that awfully lazy AUG in Covenant, it's really refreshing to actually see some effort put into creating a new weapon! I like the looks of this predecessor Pulse Rifle. Can definitely see the design linage in it, it also looks like a slightly awkward version of the M41A too. I also get a smirk out of it being white as all the stuff manufactured for Weyland in Fireteam Elite was also white.

Honestly my least favourite part of those movies is the super generic tech. If you got rid of WeyYu logos and didn't mention or show xenos I doubt anyone would know they were alien prequels.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

And these are really leaning into the arachnid look.

Scott Conover

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed