[Exclusive/Spoilers] How Alien: Romulus Connects To The Prequels & The Original Alien

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 13, 2024, 12:32:43 PM

Author
[Exclusive/Spoilers] How Alien: Romulus Connects To The Prequels & The Original Alien (Read 10,182 times)

XENOMORPHOSIS

@solace97
It's possible that when the Romulus captured/gained possession of BigChap experimented obtained the black goo leading to these new alien strain there was an outbreak of facehuggers and the entire crew were wiped out aboard the station, no survivors, no escape shuttles, no S.O.S sent out to the network to notify the company and the Romulus is stricken from the record, considered the loss and wouldn't be to Burke's knowledge, perhaps it's bit of a stretch.

solace97

Quote from: SiL on Mar 20, 2024, 03:42:38 AM
Quote from: solace97 on Mar 20, 2024, 03:19:01 AMI wonder how this will affect the lure with Aliens. Wouldn't Burke have known about the Romulus station and discovery of the big chap
Why would he? It was 57 years earlier.

I mean it just seems hard to cover up an entire wetland Yutani space station that had a xenomorph outbreak from a guy like Burke who probably has deep connections and access to things within the company.

SiL

Quote from: solace97 on Mar 20, 2024, 06:05:28 AM
Quote from: solace97 on Mar 20, 2024, 03:19:01 AMI wonder how this will affect the lure with Aliens. Wouldn't Burke have known about the Romulus station and discovery of the big chap

I mean it just seems hard to cover up an entire wetland Yutani space station that had a xenomorph outbreak from a guy like Burke who probably has deep connections and access to things within the company.
Where do you get that idea he has those connections?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Oh, you really cannot overestimate the power of miscommunication or lack of communication in a big company. For one innocent example - I used to work for a global Service Company and we were setting up a little project/team at my local area when we already have an entire department already setup nationally to do the exact same thing which we didn't find out until much much later.

BigDaddyJohn

WY should have enough power and money to cover up anything at this point. Still, it depends how it's all executed in the movie to be believable.

SiL

But they don't, or the plot of Aliens makes no sense.

Which is why Romulus is giving shitty midquel vibes.

xShadowFoxX

I'm with Sil. It's one of the reasons why I don't like the prequels or anything taking place before Alien. I don't mind if there are midquels between Alien and Aliens provided that they are truly stand alone stories and that means not involving WY in the plot too much. Like references I'm fine with.

Cover ups are fine, but we've had Isolation in this time period already.. we've had those s**tty comics with Ripley and Zula. Romulus, I think, is going to fall into that trap.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

It's just too much in a long stretch of time.

TheBATMAN

Prometheus never needed to be a prequel in the first place. Next time you watch, imagine it's set 40 or so years after Alien 3. The whole thing feels so much better.

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Mar 20, 2024, 12:14:49 PMPrometheus never needed to be a prequel in the first place. Next time you watch, imagine it's set 40 or so years after Alien 3. The whole thing feels so much better.
I would like Prometheus a lot more if it was a reboot of the franchise. But nah, a lot of things still wouldn't make it good or make sense to me.

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah it's all fair points above. Damn this movie's plot seems to be a dead end. Wich leaves us with execution.

Still Collating...

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 20, 2024, 09:29:33 AM

Oh, you really cannot overestimate the power of miscommunication or lack of communication in a big company. For one innocent example - I used to work for a global Service Company and we were setting up a little project/team at my local area when we already have an entire department already setup nationally to do the exact same thing which we didn't find out until much much later.

This. I don't think people realize how strangely incompetent huge companies can be. How much confusion, bad communication and an unimaginable number of internal factions fighting for the same thing while being blind as to what their colleagues are doing.
After the Pandemic and having some experience in the workforce, very few things seem impossible for me regarding human behavior and the stupidity of companies.

razeak

razeak

Quote from: SiL on Mar 20, 2024, 10:56:26 AMBut they don't, or the plot of Aliens makes no sense.

Which is why Romulus is giving shitty midquel vibes.
oh boy. i hadn't even thought of Aliens in this context.......

Quote from: Still Collating... on Mar 20, 2024, 06:03:42 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 20, 2024, 09:29:33 AM

This. I don't think people realize how strangely incompetent huge companies can be. How much confusion, bad communication and an unimaginable number of internal factions fighting for the same thing while being blind as to what their colleagues are doing.
After the Pandemic and having some experience in the workforce, very few things seem impossible for me regarding human behavior and the stupidity of companies.
Hell, even one facility with a few hundred people or less is messy.

Nightmare Asylum

The only way this would really step all over Aliens is if it is established that Weyland-Yutani knows exactly where on LV-426 the Derelict is prior to the events of Cameron's film. As long as the company ends Romulus with all of their access to any Alien samples that they currently have on the Renaissance Station cut off and without knowledge of where specifically on LV-426 they should be scoping out (until Ripley comes along to point them in the right direction), I don't really find any of this to be much of a stretch at all, as far as its placement 20 years post-Alien goes.

EDIT: Whoops. Just realized this was one of the spoiler threads, didn't mean to click in on this one. I'm talking just in terms of the trailer/interviews from today. Time to duck out of this thread again.

David Weyland

Wonder if the whole wolf thing with Romulus & Remus is tied to the spiel spoken in Advent?
Feel this is gonna link all this up

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed