Test Screening Reactions/Details

Started by Darkoo, Mar 09, 2024, 05:50:27 PM

Author
Test Screening Reactions/Details (Read 14,866 times)

Slutty Badger

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 18, 2024, 04:42:58 PMOram's wife (Lorraine)

Uh, Karine was the name of Oram's wife.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Slutty Badger on Mar 18, 2024, 05:09:29 PM
Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 18, 2024, 04:42:58 PMOram's wife (Lorraine)

Uh, Karine was the name of Oram's wife.

Oh yeah, you're right.

Who the hell is Lorraine then? lmao

razeak

razeak

lol so the trailers spoiled pretty much every Covenant death? lol. I never realized that.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: razeak on Mar 18, 2024, 07:31:07 PMlol so the trailers spoiled pretty much every Covenant death? lol. I never realized that.

I think the only deatsh that didn't get spoiled were the one that got his jaw ripped off by the neomorph spinning and hitting it with its tail or Lowe (the second guy to get chestbursted in the movie), with the difference that his death was off-screen.

It was ridiculous.

Also, atleast James Franco getting burned alive wasn't spoiled lmao

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

An early official clip did show Lope  getting facehugged and the lead up to Cole's death too, so that was two more spoiled...

razeak

razeak

I wonder what Ridley Scott thinks of the Covenant trailer?

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Mar 18, 2024, 07:35:57 PMAn early official clip did show Lope  getting facehugged and the lead up to Cole's death too, so that was two more spoiled...
Oh yeah, you're right.

f**k me, so it was pretty much every death minus one or two, and the Covenant had the biggest crew out of all the movies, so the fact that they managed to spoil all of that is "remarkable" hahaha.

This is a problem of horror movie trailers in general, but Covenant had such a big cast of characters that it ends up being worse.

I mean, at the end of the day, it's still my fault because i watched and rewatched every trailer, clip and TV Spot, but dear god, i wish 20th Century Studios has some restraint with the marketing this time, because i clearly don't.

BigDaddyJohn

They didn't show the throatburster in the trailer too. At least there was a nasty scene they kept in their pocket.

Stitch

Stitch

Sadly I think the trailer will probably give most of it away. I've read that studios have found that people actually want the film spoiled, supposedly. They've done studies or something, and shown that more people actually go to movies where they know roughly what's going to happen. Sad, but true.

XENOMORPHOSIS

This may be an odd thing to bring up, the teaser for Alien3 was dishonest about the films plot, another early trailer featured footage from the earlier version not in the final film but would end up in the Assembly cut. One of the promos for Prometheus mistakenly had frames of the alternative Fifield mutation.

There's other examples of trailers that would contain footage that would be cut, there's also times such as Highlander Endgame featuring special effects on the trailer not in the final film, or how in Avengers Infinity War they should Hulk in the final battle but isn't what happens in the film, it's doubtful that for this movie they'd produce an inaccurate trailer misleading what the movie were getting is like.

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Mar 19, 2024, 03:34:47 AMThis may be an odd thing to bring up, the teaser for Alien3 was dishonest about the films plot, another early trailer featured footage from the earlier version not in the final film but would end up in the Assembly cut. One of the promos for Prometheus mistakenly had frames of the alternative Fifield mutation.

There's other examples of trailers that would contain footage that would be cut, there's also times such as Highlander Endgame featuring special effects on the trailer not in the final film, or how in Avengers Infinity War they should Hulk in the final battle but isn't what happens in the film, it's doubtful that for this movie they'd produce an inaccurate trailer misleading what the movie were getting is like.

Predators is another example....in the trailer but not the film.

skhellter

skhellter

Speaking of. The alien3 trailer is a question ive had for the longest time.

Not a single alien3 script was set on earth.

How the hell did that happen?

XENOMORPHOSIS

@skhellter
 Wasn't it around 1991 when Vincent came onto the project the teaser was produced? Had no relevancy to Vincent Ward's wooden world concept, the behind the scenes drama ensued Vincent was fired and David Fincher took over and that prison planet had no relevancy to the teasers implied earth setting either. If I'm to guess it may have just been a marketing move just pushing a new Alien film.

aliens13

aliens13

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Mar 19, 2024, 06:22:32 AM
Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Mar 19, 2024, 03:34:47 AMThis may be an odd thing to bring up, the teaser for Alien3 was dishonest about the films plot, another early trailer featured footage from the earlier version not in the final film but would end up in the Assembly cut. One of the promos for Prometheus mistakenly had frames of the alternative Fifield mutation.

In both Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom and Domonion they showed things in the trailer that were not in the final film. The one that most hurt me was the Goldblum line "bigger, why it always has to go bigger" when the Giganotosaurus shows up (it was in the first trailer)

About Prometheus, that's odd. In the teaser trailer they show the mutated Fifield  that it was in the final film

XENOMORPHOSIS

Quote from: aliens13 on Mar 19, 2024, 06:36:27 PM
Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Mar 19, 2024, 06:22:32 AM

In both Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom and Domonion they showed things in the trailer that were not in the final film. The one that most hurt me was the Goldblum line "bigger, why it always has to go bigger" when the Giganotosaurus shows up (it was in the first trailer)

About Prometheus, that's odd. In the teaser trailer they show the mutated Fifield  that it was in the final film

In the first Teaser they showed Fifield in a Zombie like form.
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/mutant031.jpg

But in another they showed a more belonged limb Xenomorph-ish mutation.
http://i.imgur.com/2BOlE.gif

Perhaps they hadn't fully decided which design of Fifield three were gonna choose at time, Ridley said they went with the Zombie look because it was practical effects and involved the actors performance.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed