Alien: Romulus Star Says It's a 'Very, Very, Very Different' Film for the Franchise

Started by Darkoo, Feb 28, 2024, 02:29:12 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Star Says It's a 'Very, Very, Very Different' Film for the Franchise (Read 6,887 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 01, 2024, 10:33:32 PMSurely some sort of word filter (automatically replacing "woke" with "FUN!" or "based" for example) is easily doable on the site.

I fun up with a headache this morning.

Nah, these word filters are a disaster.

Try typing out the word s-n-i-g-g-e-r (scornful laugh) as you would normally do and then post it and see what happens.  ;D

[cancerblack]

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Mar 05, 2024, 03:43:18 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 01, 2024, 10:33:32 PMSurely some sort of word filter (automatically replacing "woke" with "FUN!" or "based" for example) is easily doable on the site.

I fun up with a headache this morning.

Nah, these word filters are a disaster

This is a feature, not a bug. Maybe you just hate things that are FUN!.

razeak

razeak

Bro.....this isn't going to end well.

Also.......I really hope he doesn't mean teen slasher..we got that with AVPR.

The originals were woke in a non preachy way, which is good and the best way. They just showed a person go through some tough shit and develop during the course of the film. Just write movies like that.  Then just put whatever type of person they want in the role and it will sell itself just fine.

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

I don't recall seeing any woke things that people tend to call out in movies these days when I watched it. And I hate the woke arguments, I think they're silly. This movie doesn't do any of what people are worried about with that stuff.

There's definitely no pizza delivery boys swimming with girls who think about clocks a lot in this one.

Nightmare Asylum

Dune: Part Two has gone woke, can't believe what used to be a nice woke-free franchise is critiquing fascism now. No wonder why it's bombing! >:(

Immortan Jonesy

I'm pretty progressive myself, and I try to think critically most of the time. But gosh! burn that damn word. :'(🙏

Mike’s Monsters

I woke up feeling pretty woke today. But that's about every day. If I'm not woke. I am sleep.

Local Trouble

Intense wokeness has been radiating from Mike ever since he screened Romulus.  Coincidence? >:(

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 05, 2024, 11:01:49 PMIntense wokeness has been radiating from Mike ever since he screened Romulus.  Coincidence? >:(

It's been bursting out of my butthole ever since...

SiL

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 05, 2024, 10:49:39 PMDune: Part Two has gone woke, can't believe what used to be a nice woke-free franchise is critiquing fascism now. No wonder why it's bombing! >:(
Next you'll tell me they're making Paul's supposed godhood a bad thing???

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SiL on Mar 05, 2024, 11:11:55 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 05, 2024, 10:49:39 PMDune: Part Two has gone woke, can't believe what used to be a nice woke-free franchise is critiquing fascism now. No wonder why it's bombing! >:(
Next you'll tell me they're making Paul's supposed godhood a bad thing???

Frank Herbert better not go and write a super depressing sequel novel doubling down on that notion because he was frustrated that people somehow missed the point the first time around!

And Denis better not be planning to adapt that sequel, either. >:(

Mike’s Monsters

Funny story about Herbert.

My Grandpa was a pilot in WWII and then after flew planes around in Alaska. He had a job where he would fly people in by seaplane to land on lakes or rivers and drop people off to go fly fishing for salmon. He often flew Herbert, which led to them building a friendship. One day he brought Frank over to the house to have cigars and some drinks, the only time he ever came over. My grandpa told my dad, who was in late elementary or jr. high school age, to come hang out with them, but my dad had a slight cold and just stayed in bed.

Later on my dad rises from his nap to find my grandpa saying how surprised he was that my dad didn't want to come out and meet his favorite author, Frank Herbert, who had been sitting in his living room for hours.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 05, 2024, 10:46:35 PMThere's definitely no pizza delivery boys swimming with girls who think about clocks a lot in this one.

Dafuq ? I'm not watching this movie anymore.

Still Collating...

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Mar 05, 2024, 11:11:23 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 05, 2024, 11:01:49 PMIntense wokeness has been radiating from Mike ever since he screened Romulus.  Coincidence? >:(

It's been bursting out of my butthole ever since...

The butthole has aWOKEn... :laugh:

Criticizing religious fundamentalism and traditional values while having prominent women save the "chosen one's" life and manipulate the whole of the human species for millennia. Things are really getting out of hand I must say....... :P 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed