Lanard Toys Producing 4-Inch Scale Aliens & Predator Figures- Toyark

Started by 426Buddy, Nov 22, 2019, 01:57:15 AM

Author
Lanard Toys Producing 4-Inch Scale Aliens & Predator Figures- Toyark (Read 55,477 times)

Hunter-Killer

Ah, that makes more sense then

Adumb

The bad part is that they're not 1:12 scale. If they were 1:12 scale they'd be 8-9" tall (like NECA). It says "7inch scale" but what they mean is "7 inches tall". So they'd be the same height as a NECA Dutch.

OpenMaw

My biggest issues so far.

The main set of Predator's are too big to scale with the bulk of the Aliens line that they did. That bums me out.

The Jungle Hunter is mid cloak. I hate that gimmick. It's fine when they do it as a variant, but I like my Predators in a more useable universal form.

The 12 inch Predator... Now that's something special. I hope they do a Big Chap in 12 inch to go with it.

Xenomrph

I've still got my old Kenner 12" Predator, he's badass.

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 08, 2021, 10:06:05 PM

With the netting and skulls?  8) I bought one years ago to pose with my 79 Kenner ALIEN but gave it to a Predator fan. Only Predator figure I've ever bought with the intention of keeping.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jan 08, 2021, 11:34:15 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 08, 2021, 10:06:05 PM

With the netting and skulls?  8) I bought one years ago to pose with my 79 Kenner ALIEN but gave it to a Predator fan. Only Predator figure I've ever bought with the intention of keeping.
I've got this one:

Looks like it's actually 10".

Darwinsgirl

I just checked eBay and they have your figure in the box. No netting with skulls. So that's not it. I just saw the person I gave it to. He still has it. I'm trying to trade with him to get it back. ;)

Darwinsgirl

The "Kenner Alien Hunter" is the same figure I had that you own Xenomorph. The person I gave it to gave it back to me yesterday.

Only difference it has the netting over the body no skulls though. He said that's how he got it from me. So my senior memory is misremembering the skulls.  :laugh:

dHunter333

I saw them at the store and they looked pretty good. Almost got a couple...

Pu$$yFace

I got the full set of 3 and the 12 inch ultimate Jungle Hunter. 

Amazing figures. 

And I stress the term figures.  NECA's stuff obviously is vastly more detailed, accurate and sculpted.  With that said, as another reviewer has stated ... I've seen uncooked spaghetti that is stronger than their plastic.  They claim to be nondurable goods.  They're known to break so easily.  I've experienced it, and I'm sure you have too.

These figures are detailed enough (amazing for the price), sculpted very well and accurate enough (especially for the price), and articulated well beyond even NECA's offerings.  25 points of articulation to be exact.

They are toys.  Not brittle statues (but with articulation) meant to be kept in the box and only viewed. 

These are durable.  They're as I said, actual action figures.  And standing a little over 7 inches with fairly hefty plastic?  This is what I want.

Saw the smaller inaccurate Lanard Aliens last year but passed.  Even though the sculpts were good.

The 2021 offerings are amazing.  And the Pred Hunter Series on the shelves caught me totally off guard in shock and amazement.  Didn't know they had the license.  Felt like being a kid again.  The box art is even awesome. 

I bought all of them instantly especially for how relatively inexpensive they are for the size and sculpt and articulation.  I got all three for the cost of just one NECA Pred.

Hell even the larger updated Lanard Aliens are cool.  With more accurate coloring.  The Big Chap being a translucent bone color paying homage to the original concept of the monster.  The runner alien that comes with the dog it's birthed from is totally bad ass.

Love the semi cloaked jungle hunter gimmick.  And the city hunter and berserker are great as well. 

Can't wait to see what we get in future series.  Hopefully maskless Jungle Hunter, City Hunter, Berseker and I'm hoping for a Tracker Pred that comes with a Pred dog.  Maybe a Falconer with drone.

Anyway, highly recommend.  Finally we get an amazing spiritual successor and update to the Kenner line.  For both aliens and now predator franchises.

Xenomrph

I got the jumbo Predator, he rules. The light-up plasma caster is super bright, and the mandible gimmick is hilarious. The mask clips on his head really securely, too.

SuperiorIronman

The whole family went to Wal-mart to see if we could find the Predator. Ended up with the blue Alien so I guess I'm going online for Berserker.

My mother was asking about the significance of the dog so I explained it to her and this old couple who had been talking about it for a grandchild or something just had this look of horror once they made the connection. Gotta wonder if they'll do any other Aliens though. I'd at least be interested in what the Lanard take on the Predalien is.

Scopedog

Lanard giant Predator toy with Kenner large Predator toys (I switched blades and disc between Kenner toys- also got Mega Box Predator recently).

426Buddy

426Buddy

I saw they have a red queen as well now too. Got the purple queen and the predator for my nephew.

Pu$$yFace

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Feb 05, 2021, 04:43:57 PM
The whole family went to Wal-mart to see if we could find the Predator. Ended up with the blue Alien so I guess I'm going online for Berserker.

My mother was asking about the significance of the dog so I explained it to her and this old couple who had been talking about it for a grandchild or something just had this look of horror once they made the connection. Gotta wonder if they'll do any other Aliens though. I'd at least be interested in what the Lanard take on the Predalien is.
I spoke to Lanard.  They said they have more planned for 2021 and 2022.  Aliens and Pred.  Here's hoping for Colonial Marines and Dutch's squad (caricaturists) in this scale.  Hopefully more Preds like Falconer, Tracker and maskless of Jungle, City, and Berserker.  Maybe even a 12 inch City Hunter

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed