History of Alien Games in Retro Gamer Magazine

Started by Darkness, Oct 07, 2019, 06:27:48 PM

Author
History of Alien Games in Retro Gamer Magazine (Read 2,421 times)

Darkness

There's an 8-page article in Issue 199 of UK's Retro Gamer magazine all about the history of Alien games if anybody is interested. Even back as far as Atari/Spectrum days. One highlight is in the cancelled games section, it says Rebellion were working on a game called Aliens: Hadley's Hope for PS2 for Vivendi in 2004. At the end of the feature, there's a short interview with Gary Gillies about Alien War too.

You can read the article below:

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/files/games/201910-retrogamer-199.pdf

SiL

Good read, thanks for sharing!

Corporal Hicks

Oh man, I can't believe Alien: Escape scuppered another Alien War. *fits of rage*

I loved the shade thrown at Colonial Marines by barely mentioning it.  :laugh: Seems like they managed to track down some folk from the older games. I'd love to chat to some of the people who worked on those games, but they seem harder to find.

I keep meaning to try the Spectrum game, but I do honestly get a little bored with the older games.

Wweyland

Thanks, that is interesting

The Old One

The Old One

Interesting stuff, thank you.

Kradan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 08, 2019, 09:00:02 AM
Oh man, I can't believe Alien: Escape scuppered another Alien War. *fits of rage*

I loved the shade thrown at Colonial Marines by barely mentioning it.  :laugh: Seems like they managed to track down some folk from the older games. I'd love to chat to some of the people who worked on those games, but they seem harder to find.

I keep meaning to try the Spectrum game, but I do honestly get a little bored with the older games.

I played it once. Pretty interesting take I'd say. Also you cannot help but see its similarities to Blackout.

SiL

The Spectrum/C64 game is really interesting. I used to hate it until I learned the characters were meant to be unresponsive when they were scared ;D

windebieste

I didn't see any mention of 'Doom'.  id Software's 1993 game was originally meant to be an 'ALIENS' game but they couldn't land the Fox licence. 

So instead of shooting Xenomorphs - you shot Demons instead. 

I know about the mod that adds Aliens to 'Doom' but the important take home note here is, one of the greatest video games ever made could have featured Aliens out of the box.

-Windebieste.

Kradan

That's goo to know ! Thanks !  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed