Products : licensed / official ?

Started by Predator@Alien, Sep 10, 2019, 04:36:45 PM

Author
Products : licensed / official ? (Read 4,517 times)

Predator@Alien

Hi !

I need to good understand something ... I'm only interested in products which are officially Alien, in the licensed franchise. But I don't know where it stops... Some french books speak about Alien but are they official if it's only available in France ? Because I thought that the unlicensed products couldn't be lucrativ, no ? Does everything which is for sale about Alien is the result of a contract between Fox and maker ?
For example, you are looking for a Weyland-Yutani shirt on Ebay, there are a lot and I don't believe that the maker has the right of the franchise...

And what about the books that I can find only in some contries but not in USA, it is the same ?

Thank you !

SM

SM

I see a lot of things, clothing mainly, popping up Facebook feeds that seem to be unofficial.  There was a t-shirt the other day that had the digital read-out of the marines from Aliens - but missed Crowe.  Then some people posted the versions they bought, that didn't look quite the same and had the odd typo.

Stuff that's official generally says so on the product.

Predator@Alien

Thank you !

And why some books are in France and not in USA for example ?
We have this :

Why the aren't in USA ? And is there somewhere we can find a list of all of thoses products which aren't in USA ?

Thank you !

Samhain13

How do you know if those books are only available in France? Couldn't they be just the french editions of any released novels? What's the book called?

SM

SM

Can't see the images unfortunately.  What are the titles?

Predator@Alien

Oops :

Alien Romans et Images de la Quadrilogie
L'art et la science dans Alien

Yes it is only the 4 novelizations of the quadrilogy for the first one but there is no editions of this book in USA, it's only editing in France.

Knowing the american's books, I think some of them are exclusive in France. You know just like the novelization of Prometheus, only in Japan...

SM

SM

They look official but French language only.  Romans et Images looks pretty nice.

Predator@Alien

Indeed that's cool :)

Thank you !

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed