Started by Drukathi, Sep 02, 2019, 10:28:50 AM

Who will win?

Prisoners
4 (11.1%)
Runner
32 (88.9%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author
Melee rush attack on Runner (Read 9,865 times)

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: razeak on Sep 03, 2019, 12:36:42 PM
Judo on an Alien?

I could see, in a very limited set of circumstances, pulling of a judo toss or trip on a Predator (like once).

On an Alien? Yeah, not happening. Ever have a cat go apeshit while you were holding it? You probably couldn't hold it. Now imagine something much larger, stronger, and more ferocious reacting to you grabbing it.
I would think getting a hold on it would be like trying to catch a slippery eel or fish with your hands - the thing is covered in moist slime.

razeak

razeak

I've worked with bite dogs. It's amazing what kind of strength a 90 lbs canine can generate. I caught a blue shark that was around 10 feet. I had a mechanical advantage. It still almost broke me. I imagine the Alien is analogous to an insect in strength too. The power of animals far exceeds humans on a per lbs.  basis.

Those teeth would just enhance how quickly it could turn it's strength against a gang of prisoners.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Humans can actually generate crazy levels of strength too, we just haven't figured out how to turn it on all the time unless a car is sitting on a child.  Other animals when in predator mode have it turned on all the time.

Bet yes I always saw the Alien as being kind of ant like.  Strength level far exceeding what its bodyweight would imply. 

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 04, 2019, 03:38:57 AM
Humans can actually generate crazy levels of strength too, we just haven't figured out how to turn it on all the time unless a car is sitting on a child.

I've found that spiders or the possible ruining of good cheese are triggers for mine.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I often times used my NCO powers to make others lift heavy stuff.

It was amazing. 

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 04, 2019, 04:06:51 AM

It was amazing. 

My grandmother must've been a 4 star general then.

Before you knew what was happening, she'd have anyone in sight moving the furniture.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kimarhi on Sep 04, 2019, 04:06:51 AM

It was amazing.

If only you could have learned how to sit back, relax and let them hang c wire too.

LastSonofKrypton

Joe Rogan could give us a fight commentary

When he stops talking about DMT

Dingbat

Dingbat

I'd say the Runner would just stand in a corridor and quickly spin his tail around, the prisoners all get the same fate as the first guy to die with that massive fan.

razeak

razeak

"But have you tried DMT?"

Pvt_Frost

Pvt_Frost

There is absolutely no way that the prisoners could have taken on the Runner. Now, I will say that the Runner was much slender and less bulkier than the bipedal Xenos in Alien and Aliens, however, it was just as strong as them and much quicker. It would have made short work of those jerks.

Dingbat

Dingbat

Maybe we've been wrong all along, maybe you can just punch them to death like in AVP 2010.

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: razeak on Sep 04, 2019, 05:53:37 PM
"But have you tried DMT?"

"It's entirely possible."

Side note, you can't just Leeroy Jenkins a xenomorph

Kradan

Kradan

Having option "Prisoners" is offensive

Spoiler
;D
[close]

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 30, 2019, 05:57:38 AM
Having option "Prisoners" is offensive

Spoiler
;D
[close]

"Freedom Challenged"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed