The Ultramorph

Started by Number13, Apr 17, 2019, 12:04:29 AM

Author
The Ultramorph (Read 601 times)

Number13

Number13

I'm sure you guys are familiar with the Alien that was intended to be the final monster of Prometheus, the Alien that birthed from the Space Jockey explaining the hole in his chest and its fate in the original Prometheus script, we've seen the designs mentioning it as the Ultramorph. I always wondered what happened to the Alien that birthed from the Space Jockey, we only know it birthed from the Space Jockey, which probably caused the Derelict to crash. And since the Xenos take features from the host, and that the Engineers were large creatures, it was a big chap. But what happened to it? Xenpedia seems to think that it eventually starved to death, but I always under the impression that Xenos don't require food. That's why I loved the original Prometheus script, when it was a straight-up Alien prequel, where the Engineer birthed it, the Prometheus crashed into it, and then the Ultramorph went after Shaw and she killed it with a saw. Would've loved to have seen that! But back to my original point, what happened to it on LV-426? Will we get to see it in the final Alien prequel if Ridley Scott ever gets the go ahead? Did someone find it before the Nostromo, which was one of my original ideas I once had a story for?

And no, I don't think the Queen on Hadley's Hope was the Alien that birthed from the Space Jockey, I was under the impression that the Queen birthed from one of the colonists, because the eggs were all in a contained area with a blue mist that made an alert when broken, seeming to indicate they were put there by the Space Jockey.

Any ideas?

SM

SM

QuoteBut what happened to it? Xenpedia seems to think that it eventually starved to death, but I always under the impression that Xenos don't require food. That's why I loved the original Prometheus script

The Engineers script has the Ultramorph eating in order to grow.

As for what happened to the Alien the Jockey birthed.  Either it's hibernating somewhere undisturbed or dead.  I'd go with the latter.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Whatever happened to it we don't know and wherever it went it was gone before the Alien eggs, colonists, or even for that matter the Nostromo ever showed up. I say it was gone before the Aliens because according to River of Pain, there was a Queen in the hold of the ship which is presumably where the rest of the eggs came from. Though she herself was long dead.

Granted the Jockey in the chair could've hatched a Queen, but we have no evidence they did nor why it took so long for somebody to notice that the pilot was dead considering we know it does take some time for the Queen to grow and setup a Hive (was everybody on break, how did they miss that?). The timeline doesn't match and if the Engineers are dead thanks to the goo they also can't be there to even have Alien eggs because they're made post-purge. It also can't be David because he has no reason to be in the suit considering he's a robot and 5'9 (and the suits are made for entities 7+) and David nor Shaw require it to pilot their Juggernaut. So if it is him, he's playing dress up.

Wherever this resultant Alien is, I have no idea and the prequels have pretty much made it an enigma.

SM

SM

Daniels is inside the suit with T on her shoulders.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Hey I remember seeing a thread here which had a concept art I think of the space jockey alien from 1979, its body was like fossilized on mountain on something. In that case the original idea would be for it to have died a long time ago.

Oh found it:

Quote from: maledoro on Aug 26, 2007, 12:33:37 PM
Quote from: Nosferatus on Aug 26, 2007, 12:16:50 PM
yeah...what picture??!! :o
The fossil pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/maledoro/Alien/Copyofalienrock.jpg

Alien circled above; Dallas and Lambert circled below.

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Apr 17, 2019, 12:49:47 AM
It also can't be David because he has no reason to be in the suit considering he's a robot and 5'9 (and the suits are made for entities 7+) and David nor Shaw require it to pilot their Juggernaut.

Ridley: Hold my beer.

Huggs

Huggs

David is 5'9?

Samhain13

Samhain13

The actor is 183 cm so no.

Huggs

Huggs

I was gonna say, he doesn't look short.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Still not enough to fit on the original space jockey chair, and considering the size of the chestbursted hole it wasn't a human sized chestburster. Hell why am I even saying this, Ridley can just retcon that size too.

Huggs

Huggs

There were times I wondered if he retconned himself as the director, because the prequels were going so far off track.

prototypeXIII

prototypeXIII

As for the concept of the ultramorph hatching from the space jockey; I love it.  An abyssal horror from an unknown distant place in the galaxy.  As far as what happened to it?  What do you think layed all of those eggs in the bowls of the derelict spacecraft?

It would be cool to see the ultramorph as the final piece in the alien life-cycle.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

That is assuming that the eggs were not already there in the cargo hold as part of a plan to infect planets.

Number13

Number13

Quote from: prototypeXIII on Apr 18, 2019, 02:10:46 AM
As for the concept of the ultramorph hatching from the space jockey; I love it.  An abyssal horror from an unknown distant place in the galaxy.  As far as what happened to it?  What do you think layed all of those eggs in the bowls of the derelict spacecraft?

It would be cool to see the ultramorph as the final piece in the alien life-cycle.

As I said before, and not to discredit you, I think the eggs were placed there by the Space Jockey since that seemed to be a cargo hold since the blue mist seemed to be a security system, probably to alert the pilot if one of the eggs had hatched.

I just think the eggs were put there by the Space Jockey, I don't think that the Ultramorph hatched from the Space Jockey, then went down into the bottom of the ship to lay its eggs in a place that conveniently looked like a cargo hold with what appeared to be a security mist.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed