Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 03, 2019, 11:27:02 PM

Author
Disney & Fox Confirm Alien Series Remains In Development Under New Ownership! (Read 82,860 times)

Kimarhi

LET'S BE HONEST, spores just straight ripped from Gibson my nugs.

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: SM on Aug 21, 2019, 11:48:20 AM
Spores seems to act faster too and therefore much harder to counter.

I wonder, because the spores act much faster, the neomorph pays the price by being much weaker than the protomorph, which in turn is weaker than the xenomorph because the gestation period is sped up.  When I first saw Covenant I was annoyed that David had seemingly created a more effective way of infecting someone, but after some time I realised that his creation suffered because of the way the organism was implanted

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Kimarhi on Aug 21, 2019, 07:11:01 PM

It definitely appears so

[cancerblack]

I stole it in 2013 too, it's a fun idea.

Kimarhi

Gibson got you by a few decades unless there is some reference I'm not getting

SM

SM

Wouldn't have thought so.  More likely it's based on what was written for the Paradise and the swarm of black things we see in the film when the Engineers drinks the bubble tea.

I wonder, because the spores act much faster, the neomorph pays the price by being much weaker than the protomorph, which in turn is weaker than the xenomorph because the gestation period is sped up.

I've often wondered if that was why the Gunnison Aliens were weak as piss.  :)

Huggs

They wiped out that national guard unit pretty damn fast.

Kimarhi

Huggs

It's just what happens when Eddie Morales is on the beat.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Aug 21, 2019, 08:17:37 PM

I wonder, because the spores act much faster, the neomorph pays the price by being much weaker than the protomorph, which in turn is weaker than the xenomorph because the gestation period is sped up.  When I first saw Covenant I was annoyed that David had seemingly created a more effective way of infecting someone, but after some time I realised that his creation suffered because of the way the organism was implanted

I've been thinking lately that perhaps the Neo's also follow that original intent for the Alien, in that it dies off fast too. That'd make a pretty effective tool for cleaning out a planet. They kill everything, then die out themselves which takes no clean-up on the part of the Engineers.

irn

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 22, 2019, 08:03:42 AM
I've been thinking lately that perhaps the Neo's also follow that original intent for the Alien, in that it dies off fast too. That'd make a pretty effective tool for cleaning out a planet. They kill everything, then die out themselves which takes no clean-up on the part of the Engineers.

I like to think of those fungal spore things as being what grow from decomposed neomorphs. Just waiting there to re-infect should anything still be alive.

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 22, 2019, 08:03:42 AM
Quote from: LastSonofKrypton on Aug 21, 2019, 08:17:37 PM

Yeah, the xeno was too difficult to handle once it had wiped out a planet, or perhaps they spread on Engineer worlds when something went wrong, and the Engineers realised that a temporary life span would at the very least decrease some of the risk

Baron Von Marlon

Back on topic:

I wasn't aware Sony "rented" Spider-Man out to Disney.
With that being the case, couldn't another studio rent Alien from Disney?

SiL

Disney could lease the rights, yes.

irn

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Aug 23, 2019, 04:26:12 AM
With that being the case, couldn't another studio rent Alien from Disney?

I suppose they could, but it might be a cost issue. Relatively speaking, the Alien films haven't been big budget productions. So if leasing the rights was say $20 million, then that would take up a huge chunk of the budget. I have no idea how much it would cost of course. It might be way less than that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed