Predators and skinning?

Started by Designation-Kurt, Mar 27, 2019, 04:33:47 PM

Author
Predators and skinning? (Read 6,537 times)

SiL

SiL

Originally the PredAlien skinned Ray after Wolf killed him.

They fixed a dumb idea with a slightly less dumb idea but holy shit it's a mess.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

+ they had skinned Predators in the crashed ship. Even THEY thought it was ridiculous, so they colour-corrected them in post. You can still see them behind Wolf

2:46 here:

(excuse to post the only good scene in the film!)

SiL

SiL

Yeah the producers had some ... ideas.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: SM on May 01, 2019, 08:54:44 PM
Those reasons only make sense if:
1. Wolf is thick.
2. Wolf forgot he can track the Aliens.
3. Wolf doesn't take his job seriously.

Nah Celtic was the thicc one.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Celtic was over confident, Wolf is the idiot.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on May 02, 2019, 12:52:46 PM
1. Wolf is thick.

Nah Celtic was the thicc one.

Hah!  Indeed!

yautjapet

yautjapet

I think sometimes it just boils down to the creators saying "it looks cool" without putting too much thought into it. I remember analyzing some detail about the predator's physiology, and what it meant for their abilities and homeworld, etc, and I discovered later it was literally added for that reason alone.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: yautjapet on May 05, 2019, 01:35:18 AM
I think sometimes it just boils down to the creators saying "it looks cool" without putting too much thought into it. I remember analyzing some detail about the predator's physiology, and what it meant for their abilities and homeworld, etc, and I discovered later it was literally added for that reason alone.

Yeah.  It sure is frustrating to enjoy talking about their anatomy/physiology and try to make sense of it in a logical way :-\

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Wysps on May 05, 2019, 03:14:28 PM
Quote from: yautjapet on May 05, 2019, 01:35:18 AM

Yeah.  It sure is frustrating to enjoy talking about their anatomy/physiology and try to make sense of it in a logical way :-\
If you can make sense of it even though the creators were just coasting on the Rule of Cool, I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Star Wars authors made an entire industry out of "explaining" minutiae ad-hoc.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Here's a shot in Predators where they are clearly drying skins from their kills:

The Old One

The Old One

Ronoc

Ronoc

4. Wolf shoehorns fanservice into his adventures

1. Wolf is thick.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Obviously.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Wolf says "YOU'RE WELCOME"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed