Is it worth it to criticise The Predator so much?

Started by Kradan, Mar 09, 2019, 09:03:14 AM

Author
Is it worth it to criticise The Predator so much? (Read 6,598 times)

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on Mar 10, 2019, 09:17:37 AM
He wasn't trash talking, but he was being a twat. :P

Voodoo Magic

I don't hate The Predator nor do begrudge anyone that likes/loves it. There's moments I enjoy myself like the Fugitive breakout and performances I enjoy like Sterling K. Brown.

The only difficulty I still have with is getting over what a missed opportunity it was with such a large budget. It could have been so much more in regards to quality and really meaningful to the franchise, and that is what irks me more and more as time goes by.

oduodu

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 11, 2019, 01:56:21 PM

The only difficulty I still have with is getting over what a missed opportunity it was with such a large budget. It could have been so much more in regards to quality and really meaningful to the franchise, and that is what irks me more and more as time goes by.

like with prometheus. deliberate if you ask me.

SiL

I don't know, you can really see Prometheus' budget on the screen. The Predator felt cheap.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Agreed. Prometheus may not be perfect and it has it's issues...but the cinematography, lighting, and filming techniques were very damn good. The Predator had none of those things. It was a choppy, tone deaf, haphazard mess of a film. It literally looks like they tried gluing together 4 or 5 different movies with opposite tones of one another last second.

I would argue it is the most sloppy AAA movie ever produced.

The Predator is the grilled lettuce of the franchise. Fusion confusion.

https://youtu.be/KDjBEY_3qCI

SiL

I'd argue The Predator is Alien Resurrection of the franchise -- a group of otherwise talented filmmakers brought together on a production that just does not f**king work as well as it could have.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: AhabPredator on Mar 13, 2019, 11:35:53 AM

Is this a new thing for rabbits? :laugh:

AhabPredator

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Mar 13, 2019, 11:44:03 AM

Not even rabbits would eat grilled lettuce.

That is an abomination and as such, must be destroyed.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: AhabPredator on Mar 13, 2019, 11:47:12 AM
Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Mar 13, 2019, 11:44:03 AM

That is true.

Voodoo Magic

What about lettuce that grills?

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 13, 2019, 01:27:42 PM

What about lettuce that grills?

What the f**k did I actually just see?  :-X

Local Trouble

I can't help but wonder how many people here (rightfully) criticized the shit out of this turd and then shelled out even more money to buy the Blu-ray.

Predwars24

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 13, 2019, 11:28:22 PM
I can't help but wonder how many people here (rightfully) criticized the shit out of this turd and then shelled out even more money to buy the Blu-ray.

Well I was hoping for more insight on what could've been with maybe some deleted scenes but of course the deleted scenes on there were a joke. So I was even more disappointed, such a shame to be honest. I was also trying to give the movie a second chance. After all sometimes a second viewing is better than the first but I was dead wrong, while I did enjoy some parts more I just didn't like much else. I also hated the fact that for this movie they went completely crazy for idea's (Ripley and Newt endings that were cut, kid with autism learning alien technology faster than scientists that'd had it for a long time, ETC). I mean just those things alone didn't make me think of Predator at all.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Jun 14, 2017, 07:53:25 AM
If someone doesn't like the direction a movie franchise is taking, literally their only means of communicating that to the studio is to not financially support the direction the franchise is taking, so good on you Local.

Samhain13

Samhain13

This was the first time I didn't buy the blu-ray/dvd. I regret getting the novel and paying for that ticket. No more mistakes. The 1 hour suit-less fanedit is more tolerable. I refuse to ever display that ending on my tv.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed