Just try to make peace again between recent and ancient xenomorphs.

Started by Kradan, Feb 12, 2019, 11:36:21 AM

Author
Just try to make peace again between recent and ancient xenomorphs. (Read 18,452 times)

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

That is indeed true, Scott's not going to go into specific nomenclature regarding the stage of the creature's evolution thus far, but they are working towards the biomechanical aesthetic -

"The more organic quality was explained by the crew as part of a story point of this creation essentially being a prototype of the original Alien. Johansen said: "those biomechanical elements are sort of what makes it the xenomorph, but due to the storyline, this Alien predates that. Ours is almost like a flayed body — it has impossibly thin limbs, with the musculature and ribs on the outside. It was a daunting task, because it's such a legacy to live up to. We are creature effects guys, and the xenomorph is the creature." In the Monster Legacy interview, he also remarked: "the designs of the creatures were to be more animalistic, more raw or primal and far less refined than the biomechanical xenomorph we know from Alien."

-

https://monsterlegacy.net/2018/02/04/starbeast-alien-covenant/#more-10861

Quote from: SiL on Feb 15, 2019, 06:36:38 AM
There are no stages of grief here, just the circles of Hell.

:D

Highland

Yup that's it. I remember some of the artists bringing it up in Hicks podcast.

Also there are other possibilities, like maybe he's making the Queen. I guess also the novel sort of goes against what the movie says etc.

Seems like David just mixed some goo, some eggs (Shaw) and some of those insect wasp things and got the Alien. Yes I'm being extremely technical lol

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Those insect wasp things are the motes from the fungoid egg-sacs, shock-troops, so you can imagine the amount of splicing he was doing with those egg-sacs from yuggoth with what I presume were Shaw's eggs... It's deliciously, insanely morbid.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed it is.

The Old One

The Old One

I just hope the fruition of the eventual biomechanical Alien isn't directly caused by human or A.I influence.

Local Trouble

The Old One

The Old One

I will see the biomechanical Alien again.

Kradan

... pefrectly made by ADI.

The Old One

The Old One

ADI's not incompetent or they weren't during Aliens or Alien³ anyway, I don't see why not.
Although for the past twenty years I haven't really liked their work honestly.

Voodoo Magic

Please no more ADI.

Time for some new blood!

The Old One

The Old One

You enjoy WETA Digital, Odd Studio and MPC's work? I'd love to see WETA's rendition of the Biomechanical Alien, the Prometheus practical and digital stuff WETA created is phenomenal.
(In terms of authenticity and quality CGI, MPC is the winner for upgrading the design of Odd Studio, but the CGI itself is clearly rushed. )

I'd love to see H.R Giger's Alien, influenced by the Isolation rendition translated onto the big screen once more.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 08, 2019, 09:41:32 PM
You enjoy WETA Digital, Odd Studio and MPC's work? I'd love to see WETA's rendition of the Biomechanical Alien, the Prometheus practical and digital stuff WETA created is phenomenal.
(In terms of authenticity and quality CGI, MPC is the winner for upgrading the design of Odd Studio, but the CGI itself is clearly rushed. )

I'd love to see H.R Giger's Alien, influenced by the Isolation rendition translated onto the big screen once more.

Yes please.

Monster Man

I'm still stained by the aliens from AvP R with their crack addict teeth and everything.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 08, 2019, 09:41:32 PM

WETA's Prawn's from District 9 convinced me they could do some wicked CG Aliens.

SM

Weta designed the prawns, but the they were animated by Image Engine.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed