What if third movie in prequel series does not explain how Derelict crashed?

Started by Kradan, Feb 03, 2019, 10:41:55 AM

Author
What if third movie in prequel series does not explain how Derelict crashed? (Read 3,280 times)

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

It was profitable, it did well in blu-ray sales, etc, it was just not a home run. Not a flop though, plus there's been sequels or follow ups to movies that fared worse.

Corporal Hicks

My main fear with them showing the Derelict crash is them making it a recent event and putting David or a human character in the chair. I can genuinely see Scott doing it and I'm really against. I'd rather they just leave it.

Frosty Venom

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2019, 09:27:50 AM
My main fear with them showing the Derelict crash is them making it a recent event and putting David or a human character in the chair. I can genuinely see Scott doing it and I'm really against. I'd rather they just leave it.

agreed.

SM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 04, 2019, 09:27:50 AM

I think making it a recent event lines up nicely with the signal only being recently picked up despite ships having to pass that region for some time to get to Thedus and back and no one picking it up earlier - which is what one would expect if the ship had been their for yonks.

SiL

Wasn't the point always that it wasn't actually on the way, but slightly off the beaten track?

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: SiL on Feb 04, 2019, 10:28:45 AM
Wasn't the point always that it wasn't actually on the way, but slightly off the beaten track?

I thought so, and even if so-
Is it not possible that the explanation of that is the ship is pulling an Ilos?

In that, in having little power after a thousand years- it would only turn the signal back on every couple hundred of years for a brief period of time?

SiL

I just thought the answer was "space is feckin' huge."

SM

Quote from: SiL on Feb 04, 2019, 10:28:45 AM

Yeah, but if the ship had been there millennia you might expect that any number of ships going to and from Thedus could've picked up the signal earlier.

I'm just saying there are viable ways for it to be there recently should they want it to be.

The Old One

The Old One

I don't think the viability is what AP has an issue with.

SiL

Quote from: SM on Feb 04, 2019, 10:35:18 AM
Yeah, but if the ship had been there millennia you might expect that any number of ships going to and from Thedus could've picked up the signal earlier.
Again, I thought the point was that the signal wasn't being detected on the actual shipping lane. Wasn't the explanation given that a probe had picked it up, hence needing to reroute the Nostromo to intercept it?

QuoteI'm just saying there are viable ways for it to be there recently should they want it to be.
No argument there, I'm just trying to clarify what is currently established. I always thought that the rerouting was to get the Nostromo to intercept the signal, not that it had just picked it up in the normal course of its journey.

SM

QuoteWasn't the explanation given that a probe had picked it up, hence needing to reroute the Nostromo to intercept it?

CMTM said that.  WYR said the Nostromo picked it up on way to Thedus and misinterpreted as a mapping satellite, which was later corrected.

SiL

Didn't ADF also say it was a probe?

But, fair enough.

SM

Ripley theorises it was picked up by drone probes, and they were the next ship to be passing.

SiL

Ah, I remembered it being something Ash said, not Ripley thought.

SM

Quote from: SiL on Feb 04, 2019, 11:17:12 AM
Ah, I remembered it being something Ash said, not Ripley thought.

Close.  I'd forgot till you mentioned it and I had to go and check.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed