Anthem (Looter-Shooter MMORPG)

Started by AhabPredator, Jan 14, 2019, 06:10:50 PM

Author
Anthem (Looter-Shooter MMORPG) (Read 2,121 times)

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

If there is another thread, I didnt find it. So what's the thoughts on this one? Another Destiny clone? The gameplay looks good...but I've been fooled before. Mainly with Destiny and SWTOR.

https://youtu.be/ye3aF_eNtUQ

Gonna wait for the user reviews on this one methinks.

The Old One

The Old One

Methinks you're wise to wait.

Aesthetically, it's rather bland Sci-Fi Fantasy like Destiny.

Local Trouble

I have no interest in this game, but I don't want Bioware to die either.

AhabPredator

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 14, 2019, 06:17:04 PM
Methinks you're wise to wait.

Aesthetically, it's rather bland Sci-Fi Fantasy like Destiny.

Here is some promising news.
https://youtu.be/qY5BoA_G97o

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 14, 2019, 06:43:48 PM
I have no interest in this game, but I don't want Bioware to die either.

One of the reasons I'm considering supporting it.

The Old One

The Old One

Honestly, the founders of Bioware (The Doctors) and Drew Karpyshyn have left.
What's there to save at this point, Casey Hudson?

AhabPredator

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 14, 2019, 09:56:55 PM

Probably not much. And my greatest hope for BioWare never did and never will happen. KOTOR 3. The originals tell better stories than most games and movies these days. The story telling and character progression through story was lightyears beyond it's time. I remember earning my lightsaber that first time...man, gives me goosebumps to think about it.

Quite sad really...

N-Shifter

N-Shifter

I'm extremely cautious about this one, I'll 100% be waiting till a month or so after release before I'd even consider it.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: N-Shifter on Jan 14, 2019, 10:13:36 PM
I'm extremely cautious about this one, I'll 100% be waiting till a month or so after release before I'd even consider it.

Agreed. I think that is most wise. Because honestly, like I said...game devs for the most part are dishonest pricks. I don't trust a word that comes from their mouths at this point. Especially from EA.

It's a funny time when...

EgotisticalAssholes, Bugthesda, and Activision/Blizzard are fighting for worst developer ever.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: AhabPredator on Jan 14, 2019, 10:11:04 PM

Probably not much. And my greatest hope for BioWare never did and never will happen. KOTOR 3. The originals tell better stories than most games and movies these days. The story telling and character progression through story was lightyears beyond it's time. I remember earning my lightsaber that first time...man, gives me goosebumps to think about it.

Quite sad really...

Eh, Obsidian did it better.
KOTOR 2's writing was lightyears ahead of 1 IMO.

AhabPredator

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 14, 2019, 10:28:38 PM
Quote from: AhabPredator on Jan 14, 2019, 10:11:04 PM

Quite sad really...

Eh, Obsidian did it better.
KOTOR 2's writing was lightyears ahead of 1 IMO.

Agreed. 

If you haven't...watch this. If anyone could appreciate it...I know you would.

https://youtu.be/-Z0S0Z8lUTg

JokersWarPig

I probably would be more interested if it was set in Mass Effects universe. Just set it between ME2 and ME3.

AhabPredator

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jan 14, 2019, 10:38:00 PM
I probably would be more interested if it was set in Mass Effects universe. Just set it between ME2 and ME3.

I don't think the universe or aesthetics fit mass effect though.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: AhabPredator on Jan 15, 2019, 12:58:16 AM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jan 14, 2019, 10:38:00 PM

I don't think the universe or aesthetics fit mass effect though.

I meant if the whole game was a Mass Effect MMORPG, not what ever it is currently. I'm not a fan of this current look/setting.

Corporal Hicks

I got into the closed Alpha but didn't bother. I heard bad things about it.  :-\

AhabPredator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 15, 2019, 04:17:20 PM
I got into the closed Alpha but didn't bother. I heard bad things about it.  :-\

I have learned the hard way: always review it yourself. If it's a terd sandwich, it's a terd sandwich. But it's better to have an informed opinion on something as that builds credibility for you.

I have gamed for probably 13 years now. I've had good games, crappy games, lazy games, and the rare but appreciated..

Exceptional games.

I have seen games jump to $59.99, I have survived the microtransaction hell of the last 5 to 6 years...and I have slowly begun to hate the industry.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed