AVPR- LIGHTING

Started by ROYCE_THE_PREDATOR, Dec 29, 2018, 01:22:56 AM

Author
AVPR- LIGHTING (Read 19,339 times)

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

AVPR is still the worst, The Predator at least has better characters even if they are little over the top in some respects.

TheSailingRabbit

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Huggs on Dec 30, 2018, 05:25:14 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 30, 2018, 05:11:09 AM
Oh yeah! Count don't credits!

How many fingers am I holding up?

Crikey, he's smashed.

I almost fell for it, too.

AVP-CAPCOM

AVP-CAPCOM

The reasons for the dark picture are a well tread topic on these forums.

People saying "Blu-Ray" is better does not address that yes indeed the Trailers had better lighting and colour contrast where you can see what is going on.

I think if 20th Century Fox did a "corrected" DVD/Blu ray it would infer they knowingly put out a defective product despite multiple 1 star Amazon reviews that likened the picture to a dodgy VHS Pirate Copy.

Not sure if anyone outside of AVPG would care and yep for 20th Century Fox they know
- It costs money
- Not interested in remastering AVP-R either single release or boxsets since new installments follow different timeline and canon now

The Old One

The Old One

AVP-CAPCOM's correct.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I just realized how much the trailer spoiled the movie,  :laugh:  Though since the trailer pretty much gives most of movie away, maybe people are better of watching the trailer than the movie.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Yeah, just remembered how bad the trailer is.

It gives away most of the kills and even the outcome of the Wolf/Chet duel.
Guess they really wanted to show off the R-rating after AVP's bloodlessness.

You guys want gore? Here you got gore. Look at all those kills.

SiL

SiL

Pretty sure they went so far as to say the title "Requiem" came from them wanting to emphasise that the film was R rated, by being able to make the abbreviation AvP-R.

Not even joking.

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

I would believe that without a doubt  :D

In retrospective the title fits pretty well though, as the movie put an end to the franchise in movie form for quite some time now.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Jan 31, 2019, 12:18:17 PM
Pretty sure they went so far as to say the title "Requiem" came from them wanting to emphasise that the film was R rated, by being able to make the abbreviation AvP-R.

Not even joking.

They said it at a convention or something. I think it's in the news archives somewhere.

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=7915.msg138139#msg138139

Quote from: El Diablo on Nov 05, 2007, 02:33:04 AM
I just got back from the convention.

The only footage that was shown was the red band trailer followed by the scene that I described in my original post. The Predalien looks pretty good on film and she definitely appears to be more powerful than the other Aliens. Her tail is strong enough to send the Predator crashing through a wall with one swipe. One other thing I noticed was that she appears to be a different color than the rest of the Aliens in thermal vision (she appears yellow while the rest are green). Small detail but I thought you guys might find it interesting.

A Q&A session followed after the screening of the footage. Colin and Greg appeared on stage with a moderator who worked for 20th Century Fox's publicity department. They discussed the making of the film for a good thirty to forty minutes.

Here's some of the highlights:

- The Fox moderator admitted that the film wasn't really meant to have the subtitle "REQUIEM" and that AVP-R really stood for the "R" rating.

SiL

SiL

Nothin' wrong with my memory ;D

Maybe I should do that book on the AvP films I've been thinking of. They (perhaps deservedly) don't get much love in the BTS department.

SM

SM

I'm sure Zee Strauses would be right on board to talk to you.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Isn't there a BTS video of one of the camera men complaining that he can't see anything because its dark?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SM on Jan 31, 2019, 02:14:12 PM
I'm sure Zee Strauses would be right on board to talk to you.
I have Crom's email at least.

SM

SM

Prolly get better answers.  ;D

SiL

SiL

Now if I can just get in touch with Anderson I'll be set ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed