J.W. Rinzler's "The Making of Alien"

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Dec 11, 2018, 11:10:33 PM

Author
J.W. Rinzler's "The Making of Alien" (Read 47,888 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

SM

SM

Been hanging out to see this one announced.  From what I heard Ridley was very keen to be involved.

Local Trouble

You already know what I'm going to ask you.

426Buddy

Box alien solved

SM

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 12, 2018, 12:18:31 AM
You already know what I'm going to ask you.

The answer is no.  I heard about it at the start of the year.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SM on Dec 12, 2018, 12:13:58 AM
Been hanging out to see this one announced.  From what I heard Ridley was very keen to be involved.

That's fantastic.

Corporal Hicks

QuoteComprehensive and definitive volume telling the complete story of how Alien was made, featuring new interviews with Ridley Scott and other production crew, and including many rarely-seen photos and illustrations from the Fox archives.

In 1979 a movie legend was born, as Twentieth Century-Fox and director Ridley Scott unleashed Alien and gave audiences around the world the scare of their lives.

To celebrate the movie's fortieth anniversary, author J.W. Rinzler (The Making of Star Wars) tells the whole fascinating story of how Alien evolved from a simple idea in the mind of writer Dan O'Bannon into one of the most memorable sci-fi horror thrillers of all time.

With brand new interviews with Ridley Scott and other key members of the original production crew, and featuring many never-before-seen photographs and artworks from the archives, The Making of Alien is the definitive work on this masterpiece of popular cinema

£45, release April 23rd.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Making-Alien-J-W-Rinzler/dp/1789090555/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1544596230&sr=8-1&keywords=the+making+of+alien

HuDaFuK

At first I was like, "Wasn't Alien Vault supposed to be definitive?" but then I read that endorsement from Lauzirika and took notice. Sounds awesome!

Russ840

Nice that its hardcover.

This is one for the ccollection.

SM

SM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 12, 2018, 08:34:11 AM
At first I was like, "Wasn't Alien Vault supposed to be definitive?" but then I read that endorsement from Lauzirika and took notice. Sounds awesome!

Yeah a CdL endorsement is high praise.

Prez

Prez

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Dec 12, 2018, 09:12:38 AM

Yeah a CdL endorsement is high praise.

The highest of praise imho. Really curious to see what's new in this! Them's big boots to fill.

Mr. Clemens

I'd always believed there was nothing new under the sun regarding the making of Alien. But as an owner of Rinzler's Making of Star Wars books, I know that this one is a must-own. Can't wait.

Corporal Hicks

Sounds like the VFX guys haven't been chatted to.

Voodoo Magic

This really does sounds terrific! .I can't wait to delve in this one!

We won't get the definitive read until this book comes out:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed