CONFIRMED? 'Super Predators' and 'Upgrades" are one in the same.

Started by Voodoo Magic, Nov 14, 2018, 02:11:46 PM

Author
CONFIRMED? 'Super Predators' and 'Upgrades" are one in the same. (Read 3,760 times)

The Kurgan

Quote from: yhe1 on Nov 15, 2018, 06:14:07 PM
Quote from: SiL on Nov 15, 2018, 06:00:07 AM
The Predator wanted the genetic information that gave Rory his abilities.

Which was his autism.

The Predator was literally trying to harvest autism from a child. That is the plot of the third act.

Just rewatched the movie

The giant Pred said he wanted Mckenna but he never said why. It was Olivia munn that said Autism is the next stage of Human evolution. Like I said, just her assumption

What else was special about the boy? I don't think that the autism hunt is debatable, no matter how dumb the idea is.

yhe1

Quote from: TheKurgan on Nov 15, 2018, 06:22:18 PM
Quote from: yhe1 on Nov 15, 2018, 06:14:07 PM
Quote from: SiL on Nov 15, 2018, 06:00:07 AM
The Predator wanted the genetic information that gave Rory his abilities.

Which was his autism.

The Predator was literally trying to harvest autism from a child. That is the plot of the third act.

Just rewatched the movie

The giant Pred said he wanted Mckenna but he never said why. It was Olivia munn that said Autism is the next stage of Human evolution. Like I said, just her assumption

What else was special about the boy? I don't think that the autism hunt is debatable, no matter how dumb the idea is.

Just that its easily retconnable.

The Old One

The Old One

No one cares enough to retcon it.

yhe1

Predators hunting for Autism is just as stupid as David created the xenomorph

SiL

It is infinitely worse.

The Old One

The Old One

Indeed.

BigDaddyJohn

In terms of giving the finger to the fanbase, the david thing is unbeatable IMO  ;D

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, you're comparing the outright creation of Aliens here, to a single Super Predator kidnapping a kid, seeking to genetically adapt a language decoding skill that Autism enabled him with. It really isn't even close.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Indeed. Having just one very stupid predator wanting to weaponize autism isn't as damaging to the creature's lore and its easier to ignore in next movies than the ALIEN being just a creation of a sexually frustrated android with daddy issues that mixed space goo with wasps.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Samhain13 on Nov 16, 2018, 07:44:27 PM
Indeed. Having just one very stupid predator wanting to weaponize autism isn't as damaging to the creature's lore and its easier to ignore in next movies than the ALIEN being just a creation of an sexually frustrated android with daddy issues that mixed space goo with wasps.

+ 1000

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Samhain13 on Nov 16, 2018, 07:44:27 PM
Indeed. Having just one very stupid predator wanting to weaponize autism isn't as damaging to the creature's lore and its easier to ignore in next movies than the ALIEN being just a creation of an sexually frustrated android with daddy issues that mixed space goo with wasps.

That is probably the best and most honest description of Covenant that I have ever seen.

SM

How was the previously undocumented lore damaged?

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: SM on Nov 16, 2018, 10:59:57 PM
How was the previously undocumented lore damaged?

But muh EU lore brah.  :-[ . Wait wasn't those last titan books, WY report and Fire and Stone/ Life and Death comics canon not so long ago? Well that's screwed.

Regardless, I guess even going by ALIEN alone, the Derelict just always seemed not only that it crashed a really long time ago but that the event had nothing to do with humans, that seems to be the assumption of most fans, wasn't yours as well when you first watched the movie?

And the way things are going Ridley not only wants David to be responsible for the Alien's creation but to be involved in the Derelict's crashing.

The Old One

The Old One

The good stuff isn't screwed in any way.
Isolation, W-Y Report, The Cold Forge and The Comics that aren't F&S/L&D.

You could say it's damaging to the Alien as something seen as an independent entity though.
Because now it wouldn't exist if not for David, it's not "other" it's close to home as an Alien can be, and that infuriates people.
As it's the antithesis of what people believed the Alien was for nearly forty years.

But you could also argue that an A.I is as Alien as something can be, and the Alien
a rape monster, the prodigy of a rapist android is very appropriate.

SM

Fan assumption are neither here nor there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed