Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by Nyarlathotep, Oct 17, 2018, 11:12:46 PM

Author
Red Dead Redemption 2 (Read 2,467 times)

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Played it nonstop for about 2 months...now at 97 percent completion I literally let it go into the abyss. THere is a bittersweet feeling it gives me. but Highly addictive and curiously realistic to the point where it can be without a doubt Westworld the way its depicted in the series. Realistic graphics AF. I recommend going to RDR2 rather than starting at RDR.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

To anyone that still plays Red Dead Online, I think the August 10th patch broke the game. Animals won't spawn, I can't spawn into camp, and I can't even pitch camp anywhere. Also apparently people are falling through the map. For me the game already crashed three times and I can't stay in a lobby for more than five minutes before being disconnected. I'm on PS4, FYI.

PredBabe

PredBabe

It's been a long while since I tried out the online mode, hope they fix the issue soon.

I've been enjoying my second play through lately. I'm making it a point to complete as many side missions this time around. It's proving to take forever.  :D

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The PS4 era will go down as one that had an abundance of great games.

This was one of them.  Never played any of the others, and wouldn't have gotten this one if I hadn't found out through some random ass snippet that it was a prequel so I was expecting all of the plot to be GTA silliness.  Was pleasantly surprised. 

Bit of a slow burn, but a slow burn that builds up to awesomeness. 

I knew at once I would like the game, when the very first shot you fire in game automatically triggers the soundtrack.  Immediately immersed me into the world.  Usually there is a cutscene that drops you into some kind of epic soundtrack, but this was tied into the very first gunshot that rings out when you find the O'Driscolls at Sadie's place.  Since you control when the first shot is fired, it means you control the soundtrack at that point.  It was just cool to see implemented.  Sure it has been done elsewhere, but not with enough dramatic effect that I remember it like I do in that game. 

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I was so disappointed with what Rockstar did to GTA Online that I never bothered to get this. I always planned to pick it up eventually, but the way they're treating the online is still putting me off. I'm not even big on online gaming, but it's painfully obvious they've almost entirely neglected this in favour of the cash cow that is Shark Cards in GTA.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The single player in the game is what makes it great.  I rushed through the game simply because I cannot devote huge amounts of time to gaming anymore and felt like I didn't even come close to finishing what all it had to offer. 

PredBabe

PredBabe

I've heard a few people who were upset with RockStar over GTA's online game. If nothing else, the story mode makes it all worth buying because the amount of details put into the game is stunning.
For my first play through I mostly focused on the story missions. Arthur is easily one of my favorite characters in video games, love his attitude.  :laugh:

I didn't get to put much time into the online mode for RDR2. It seemed very detailed though with the way you could design your own character. Red Dead Redemption's online mode was a blast, especially with Undead Nightmare so I do want to give the sequel's another shot now that I have PS Plus.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Apparently R* rolled back the update for online and that seemed to fix everything, though the Naturalist role is still glitched after rank 15 so spotting legendary animals in free roam is rare because if another player kills one it takes 2 hours for the legendary to respawn. Looks like I'm better off aiming at getting a 300+ day daily challenge streak going again. Eventually I will get a solo lobby glitch going with a friend to go after all the legendary animals.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed