6 (15%)
A Replicant
2 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author
Michael Bishop (Read 17,086 times)

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I wish I had a cool rocket and what does all of this have to do with Micheal Bishop? Hell I don't even know what the original topic was about. Micheal Bishop was the dude from Alien 3 right? I keep getting him confused with the AVP guy even though he has a totally different first name. Although is Bishop Micheal Bishop's real last name or is it really Weyland? Maybe he just lost it do to the stigma.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 21, 2018, 01:20:13 AM
I wish I had a cool rocket and what does all of this have to do with Micheal Bishop? Hell I don't even know what the original topic was about. Micheal Bishop was the dude from Alien 3 right? I keep getting him confused with the AVP guy even though he has a totally different first name. Although is Bishop Micheal Bishop's real last name or is it really Weyland? Maybe he just lost it do to the stigma.
Michael Bishop is his full name.

You're thinking of Charles Weyland, who looks a lot like him (no relation).

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Quote from: Naginata on Oct 20, 2018, 03:27:42 PM
OK, I'm sorry if this offends or insults anyone, but this is genuinely how I feel:

This is - without question and by a significant margin - my least favorite argument in the entirety of A/P 'fandom.'

It's literally whether something is 'canon' or 'fanon.' These concepts are no older than copyright law and have no basis in anything beyond "the studio said so." Who gives a shit?

We've got pages and pages of pedantic, passive aggressive dick-measuring, and it's all over a single letter. It drives me insane. Like, is this why we're fans of this series? Is this it? Is this seriously the most interesting thing we have to talk about? There's a thread all about the origins of the Engineers, and it doesn't have half the replies that this one does. Think about that; we could be sharing opinions and theories on how everything in these movies fit together, but instead we're arguing over... what, exactly?

A completely nebulous definition over which works of fiction 'count?' No, it's not even that; it's over which reading of the A/P universe(s) is endorsed by the corporation that legally owns the rights to said works of fiction. It's just so stupid to me.

Yes, I must agree.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Try to think of this whole ongoing debate as a prolonged Second Council of Nicaea, due to its seriousness.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Something just dawned on me. What if those dead host walls are indeed a form of alien art? The proof? When Giger does it we call it art. Daaamn! That David is one sinister muther fuc...

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Most likely related to the Weyland-Yutani bloodline.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

W-Y Report recognises Michael Bishop's human.
& AVP is non-canon, so.

Human inventor.

The Old One

The Old One

Human, unrelated.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

The majority of forum members disagree.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Disagree with what?

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Mar 09, 2019, 06:33:10 PM
W-Y Report recognises Michael Bishop's human.
& AVP is non-canon, so.

Human inventor.

Could still be a descendant of Peter Weyland, no?

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 10, 2019, 04:26:14 AM
Disagree with what?

Disagree with Michael Bishop simply being an employee of W-Y.

The Old One

The Old One

The majority's incorrect.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT:
Correct now.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

No. Peter Weyland founded Weyland Corporation, ergo no Charles Bishop Weyland, and Michael Bishop's unrelated.

The bloodline idea is disengenious, the intention of the canon is Michael Bishop's the modern synthetics inventor.

Peter Weyland passed, Meredith Vickers passed.
Alien's no Resident Evil, no ridiculous secret bloodline storyline. Merci.

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 10, 2019, 11:26:50 AM
The majority's incorrect.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In your opinion, until we have an in-universe answer or official statement.

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Mar 10, 2019, 11:45:42 AM
No. Peter Weyland founded Weyland Corporation, ergo no Charles Bishop Weyland, and Michael Bishop's unrelated.

The bloodline idea is disengenious, the intention of the canon is Michael Bishop's the modern synthetics inventor.

Peter Weyland passed, Meredith Vickers passed.
Alien's no Resident Evil, no ridiculous secret bloodline storyline. Merci.

Charles Bishop Weyland founded Weyland Industries.

Why is the bloodline idea disingenuous? It's a set of ancestors or line of descent of an important person. Literally everyone has a line of descent. It'd surprise me if a family as powerful as the Weylands wouldn't attempt to preserve their bloodline.

But yes AVP (2004) may not be canon to the new Alien universe (though it is in the Predator/AVP universe) but this doesn't change that it's possible that Michael is a descendant of Peter and Vickers.

The Old One

The Old One

The answer's clear, SM and the W-Y Report provided it. Accept the truth.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed