Didn't care for it (2/5)
39 (15.5%)
It sucked (1/5)
49 (19.5%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 251

Author
The Predator Fan Reviews (Read 97,121 times)

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 01, 2019, 09:53:28 PM
Quote from: The Cruentus on Sep 24, 2019, 09:50:46 AM
It seems at this point even critics don't particular like it either, its now at 32% on the rotten tomato meter. I could have sworn it was around 60% when the film first came out.

After a few early reviews maybe? But no, once the reviews went wide before release the critical consensus was always a Rotten Tomato.

But seeing one of your favourite creatures on the big screen again, especially after a very long time, can really give you a mongrel for a brief while, but later what you saw really starts to sink in... Personally, I had a good time watching it in the cinema, just because it was a new Predator movie, but later hated the film more and more.

SiL

SiL

Saith

Saith

^
:D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

:laugh:

Samhain13

Samhain13

I can totally imagine the development having gone like that.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Still Collating...

That was beautiful.

Master

Master

Guy's not f**king around, brilliant. I wonder where are those f**kers who shouted it'll be best predator film ever and franchise must be reinvented...

Kradan

Kradan

OK, "earthquake" gag was funny.

SiL

SiL

The earthquake gag is why I posted it  :laugh:

The Old One

The Old One

Ahaha. Thank you for posting.

Kradan

Kradan

So, I was thinking about this for a long time going back and forth with my opinion. I think I can call myself one of the bigest defenders of this movie. But now, especially after franchise got a shot in the arm called Prey, I can confidently say that The Predator, in fact, was a quite terrible movie.

When the movie came out back in 2018 I tried so hard to convince myself I liked it. I'm not quite sure why, I guess it was a combination of being my first ever theatrical Predator experience which I attended with my dad and me feeling that movie didn't necessarily deserved all the trashing it got from critics and viewers. After a while it just became semi-ironic game of defending kinda trashy movie and being in opposition to the majority of fans. Now, I'm at the point where I feel like "sigh Why couldn't you be better ?". I don't hate it and I still don't think it's as bad or worse than Requiem. I just have no desire to go back to it. Even the prospect of one day maybe seeing Emissaries cut doesn't excite me anymore.

I understand that I'm probably being too over-dramatic talking about some movie from more than 4 years ago. I just felt the need to write down my thoughts. I would also like to apologise to anyone who's time and nerves I wasted arguing about this movie ( @SiL  ,you're the first who comes to mind). These were my early days on the boards and it ain't something I'm terribly proud of

Fin

SiL

SiL

I honestly don't remember having an issue with discussing the movie with you at all for what it's worth.

Still haven't seen it since it came out and doubt I will for a long time.

Kradan

Kradan

Well, I'm glad you don't

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Have you also changed your mind about crabators?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed