Any chance Alien: Covenant II gets made?

Started by CristianoRonaldo7, Jul 29, 2018, 12:11:36 AM

Author
Any chance Alien: Covenant II gets made? (Read 9,162 times)

The Old One

The Old One

What he said. &

Essentially despite Noomi Rapace being an excellent actor. (Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, What happened to Monday.)
The character of Elizabeth Shaw has nothing going for her, as Prometheus' characters weren't written with any subtlety.
David is the main character.

Immortan Jonesy

If you're going to kill her, at least do it right. Shaw being rescued and then mutated into some kind of creature on board the Covenant is  better than the second xenomorph at the third act.

The Old One

The Old One

They did do it right.

Having her mutilated alone on a dead world, her reproduction system exploited to create new warped life. 
The reality isn't exactly clear as the only narrative is a series of superb but disturbed drawings that imply but don't show.

I for one am glad that Covenant ditched the "people turning into an H.R Giger drawing" thing present but not explicit in Prometheus.

Evanus

I think they could have handled it better, with more emotional impact.

Imo it's a shame they mostly abandoned her like they did. I thought her character was pretty good, certainly more interesting than Daniels. But then again, I do like David having a big role.

The Old One

The Old One

I don't think it could be done, at the fault of Prometheus' writing for not making me care about her in the first place beyond the actress.

Evanus

Well that's subjective of course, however I feel like generally people cared enough about her to give her a more emotional end.

OpenMaw

You can't take Shaw in isolation though. Her relationship with David could have been used to create a compelling... tension. You could sway them between Kirk & Spock, and Clarice and Hannibal, with a dash of Giger influencing the whole thing. The perversion of flesh. The biological and mechanical.

whiterabbit

I really don't care one iota about Daniels or Tennessee. I'm sorry but they stink. In hindsight they should have kept the end theme going with this movie and had Shaw sit up and open her eyes at the very end of the movie. Roll credits. Essentially what the Deacon does at the end of Prometheus.

The Old One

The Old One

NBC's Hannibal would've been the right ballpark for that kind of relationship. But that's all in the extremely strong writing and directing of Bryan Fuller.

0321recon

0321recon

For me, it would had been better that Shaw had lived and helped the crew. Have Daniels sacrifice herself to save her.

Then, once Shaw's is being put into cryostatis, David reveals himself to her. I could just imagine the utter horror in her as she screams and slams on that tube. The audience would be terrified realizing David has not only trapped her but the entire ship to his macabre plan to destroy humanity.

I hope one day someone reveals the truth on why Noomi was tossed to the side.

The Old One

The Old One

I doubt there's a truth to be revealed, she was simply written out because people in the production wanted to distance this from Prometheus.

CristianoRonaldo7

I read rumours in the Net, there are only rumours but exciting.

David and his Aliens versus The Colonial Marines.

Like BLACK HAWK DOWN MEETS ALIEN.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Everyone always complained about Shaws character after Prometheus. Then Covenant comes out and everyone is crying over a lack Shaw.

If the next film comes out and Daniels dies, people will be talking about how she was great and should have been in the sequel more.

Huggs

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jul 30, 2018, 11:00:00 PM
If the next film comes out and Daniels dies, people will be talking about how she was great and should have been in the sequel more.

Don't worry, that's not even physically possible.  ;)

whiterabbit

All of us deserved to see Shaw die on screen. Just as much as she thought she deserved her answers... uh yea. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed