What would be a proper title for the third (and maybe last) prequel?

Started by Immortan Jonesy, May 12, 2018, 11:12:20 PM

Author
What would be a proper title for the third (and maybe last) prequel? (Read 12,336 times)

Immortan Jonesy

Maybe we should do a taxonomic rank for the Engineers. I will make the first try  :D

Domain: Eukarya

Kindom: Animalia

Phylum: Chordata

Class: Mammalia

Order: Primates

Family: Hominidae

Genus: Homo

Species: Homo Engineer 

Scorpio

Quote from: SiL on May 25, 2018, 04:08:54 AM
Your trolling would be less obvious if you could at least be consistent across threads. It's really getting tired. Could you find something new to be an idiot about already?

I'm not trolling I'm in fact making a valid point about how people tend to use certain phrases or words.

You are calling me an "idiot" which is an insult and is against the rules of forum.

Corporal Hicks

You are trolling. Which is against the forum rules. For once can you participate in a conversation without resorting to blatant trolling? It's getting tiresome.

Scorpio

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 25, 2018, 07:01:47 AM
You are trolling. Which is against the forum rules. For once can you participate in a conversation without resorting to blatant trolling? It's getting tiresome.

It's hard to know what is and what isn't trolling sometimes but I'll try.

Corporal Hicks

It isn't. Trolling is a conscious behaviour and I'm really getting fedup of it. You've been banned in the past. Consider this your last warning about the rules.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 25, 2018, 03:25:54 AM
Quote from: SM on May 25, 2018, 03:22:21 AM
QuoteThey're humanoids. Is that the same as being human?

We have identical DNA.

I think chimps share 98% of our DNA. Does that make them human too?
I really don't know and am just asking.

Not sure if there might be additional DNA in the Engineer's DNA sequence.

And do different races have slightly different types of DNA?
Again, I don't know.

Well, technically every single person has different DNA (except perhaps for identical twins). That's why it's used in forensics. But the DNA difference between individual humans across all races is only about 0.1% on average.

But even such a small difference can still produce some extreme results:

I guess in Prometheus, the DNA variation between the Engineers and humans were within those tolerances in order to get an exact "DNA match".

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 25, 2018, 05:33:11 PM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 25, 2018, 03:25:54 AM

We have identical DNA.

I think chimps share 98% of our DNA. Does that make them human too?
I really don't know and am just asking.

Not sure if there might be additional DNA in the Engineer's DNA sequence.

And do different races have slightly different types of DNA?
Again, I don't know.

Well, technically every single person has different DNA (except perhaps for identical twins). That's why it's used in forensics. But the DNA difference between individual humans across all races is only about 0.1% on average.

But even such a small difference can still produce some extreme results:

I guess in Prometheus, the DNA variation between the Engineers and humans were within those tolerances in order to get an exact "DNA match".

So, we are another race of Engineers or the Engineers are a different race of homo sapiens (maybe the first ones in the galaxy).

Baron Von Marlon

This is another topic's worth of discussion.

Back on topic:
How about myths involving "awakening"?

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 26, 2018, 04:12:53 AM

Back on topic:

tleilaxu suggested something about the Nephilim, so how about  Nephilim Awakening? or Alien: Ethon Awakening  :P

Baron Von Marlon

I meant the name of a mythology or the name of a character of a mythology, instead of the word awakening.

tleilaxu

Quote from: ChrisPachi on May 24, 2018, 12:32:59 PM
Quote from: tleilaxu on May 17, 2018, 09:25:41 PMI resent ancient aliens as much as the next person (even though I was surprised by how well it worked in Prometheus), but let's not try to insinuate racism where there is none.

There is plenty. Here's an example:

QuoteI was surprised by how well it worked in Prometheus

Read: Civilisation was instructed by Greco-Roman-Uber-Gods from space.

Use your f**king brain.
How about trying to think for yourself instead of being a virtue-signalling braindead SJW? The Engineers aren't so much white as devoid of pigment. Their city does have some graeco-roman elements, but if you look closely there are also statues that look like eastern Buddha statues.
Also, their language is supposed to be related to ancient Sumerian or something IIRC. This is not racism.
If you want to see a movie that's actually racist, go watch 300.

We have identical DNA.
Always cringed at this part.

Quote from: SM on May 25, 2018, 03:37:20 AM
I don't know much about it either.

However...
http://cephuscorner.jadedragononline.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Prometheus-DNA-Match-300x181.jpg
That image is just some gel bands, but I guess that looks a bit cooler than some alignment scores printed to the screen or whatever.

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on May 26, 2018, 04:39:17 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 26, 2018, 04:12:53 AM

Back on topic:

tleilaxu suggested something about the Nephilim, so how about  Nephilim Awakening? or Alien: Ethon Awakening  :P
My main reason for this suggestion was the association with mythical giants in ancient Canaan, and how it reminded me of those ancient Engineer experiments that David hinted at in The Advent.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 26, 2018, 04:53:03 AM
I meant the name of a mythology or the name of a character of a mythology, instead of the word awakening.
Can't think of anybody but Durin...

The Old One

The Old One

I believe that whatever it will be named that Ridley Scott will have it named after the primary ship in the film as he has done so for the last two, considering that the Covenant is essentially and primarily indistinguishable corridors I doubt we will be going back to it. The situation as Ridley Scott has already stated is going to be a few groups coming after David 8, I imagine the Engineers are coming for him for a form of vengeance or at least to do a clean up project.
In fact it wouldn't surprise me if the film opened with some creative way of destroying LV-223 or/and Planet 4 from the Engineers. So it's clear anyway what their role would be. But either an exploring ship or rescue ship full of new human characters will definitely be present in some capacity.

So

Alien: Carpathia

Perhaps?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: tleilaxu on May 27, 2018, 09:43:05 AM
Their city does have some graeco-roman elements, but if you look closely there are also statues that look like eastern Buddha statues.
Also, their language is supposed to be related to ancient Sumerian or something IIRC.

I don't have reliable sources like a quote from Ridley Scott or from someone else, but it's quite possible that the production designers took influences from various ancient civilizations around the world and not only of ancient European cultures:

The Great Stupa at Sanchi, a Buddhist complex in India which also have some familiar looking statues.

Statue of the Göbekli Tepe sanctuary in Turkey.

Moai of Easter Island in Chile and Olmec Heads from Mexico.

And while the hieroglyphics of Prometheus are not the same, the writing has a similar aesthetic to the Sumerian Cuneiform script.

Corporal Hicks

Shoot Wayne Hagg a message on Twitter. I'm sure he'll be able to help answer any queries you have about the city architecture.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: tleilaxu on May 27, 2018, 09:43:05 AMHow about trying to think for yourself instead of being a virtue-signalling braindead SJW?

Ouch. I will take "braindead SJW" on the chin, but to say that I was virtue signalling is missing the point. Ancient alien ideas are damaging, particularly versions of them as explicit as the ones presented in the Alien prequels, and I think that it is important to call out these ideas for what they are. It isn't 'virtuous' to point out racism, it's rational.

All that said, I see that my post came off as a personal attack and I unreservedly apologise for that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed