Why did the movies fail?

Started by TheGreatSpoondini, May 09, 2018, 11:24:41 AM

Author
Why did the movies fail? (Read 16,875 times)

SM

SM

Yep.

And I think they paused too long with Exposition Boy and the flashback.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Well, you also have Grid grease two predators in two minutes, and then Scar just decapitates an alien like it ain't no thang but a chicken wannnng.

I remember physically slouching in the theaters when Celtic was taken out. "That's all the AVPing we're gonna get innit?"

Also, Scar is basically given no glory from that point on after he greases that one alien so slickly. It's like the moment Alexa enters his life she sucks all his skill.

SM

SM

He did that super slo-mo ninja twirl thing.

(I deliberately avoided both AvPs in the cinema)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on Jun 15, 2018, 12:10:34 AM
(I deliberately avoided both AvPs in the cinema)

The audience was a big ass surround sound laugh track.

SM

SM

Goddamn.  Missed out.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Seeing the first AVP in the cinema might still be the single most disappointing movie-going experience I've ever had.

The only film I can think of that's rivalled it was Prometheus, and then only because I had such hopes from Ridley Scott.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 15, 2018, 12:07:35 AM
Well, you also have Grid grease two predators in two minutes, and then Scar just decapitates an alien like it ain't no thang but a chicken wannnng.

I remember physically slouching in the theaters when Celtic was taken out. "That's all the AVPing we're gonna get innit?"

Also, Scar is basically given no glory from that point on after he greases that one alien so slickly. It's like the moment Alexa enters his life she sucks all his skill.

The Predators in the AVP movies are quite incompetent.
Celtic beat Grid and all he had to do was land the killing blow but took his sweet time walking up to it and unsheathing his dagger, all the while the net was clearly melting from the acid.
Gil is more understandable as he was distracted and basically back stabbed, though any hunter knowing his game would or should keep an awareness of his surroundings....I bet Gil said "clever girl" after that  :laugh:.
Scar had some good moments but he too was silly at times, removing his mask in a temple with facehuggers loose is not the smartest thing to do, I mean he could have just blooded himself at another time. Then after being attacked, he is completely unaware of being impregnated despite clear signs such as waking up from unconsciousness.
Wolf takes the cake as he just kept making the infestation in colarado worse, he lets them out of the sewer and later causes a black out. Then there is that Predator in the beginning who not only missed twice with his gun but fired it in the first place, causing the hull breach.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I give Celtic slack. He didn't do anything City Hunter or Jungle Hunter hadn't done before him.

Plus he's supposed to be a youngin'. The glee, the thrill, "Oh man, oh man! I bagged me an alien without my shoulder cannon. How badass am I? And this scar on my face mask... Oh man, the dudes back on the ship are going to be so impressed I- Oh sh-"

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I would agree but knowing your prey should make a big difference in your behavior. I mean I can understand a Predator taking their sweet time with a human, but a Xenomorph? A living weapon that is always dangerous right down to its very blood. If I was hunting such dangerous beasts, I would not take any chances, especially if they are just as strong if not stronger than I was, not to mention speed and agility. Too dangerous to play around with in my opinion.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

This is a cornerstone of Predator personality though. Even Wolf, the supposed professional cleaner, could not help himself but to strip off his gear and wag his schlong around at the Predalien. It's who they are.

In fact it's that duality of the two species that makes them work so well together. The Predator is ultra alpha, ultra confident, incredibly strong, armed to the teeth, and prone to ego. The Alien is unrelenting, unstopping, unwavering, cunning, and resilient.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 26, 2018, 05:51:51 PM
Even Wolf...could not help himself but to strip off his gear and wag his schlong around...

I hope that's a euphemism. Or perhaps the darkness was hiding more than I thought?

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 26, 2018, 10:22:53 PM
Even Wolf...could not help himself but to strip off his gear and wag his schlong around...

I hope that's a euphemism. Or perhaps the darkness was hiding more than I thought?

Oh, it's there.

and it has dreads.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 27, 2018, 02:24:03 AM

Oh, it's there.

and it has dreads.

Ah, but can it say "turn around" like mac?  ;)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 27, 2018, 04:23:33 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 27, 2018, 02:24:03 AM

Oh, it's there.

and it has dreads.

Ah, but can it say "turn around" like mac?  ;)

"Over here. Overhereoverhereoverhere, HUHAHAHAHA, turnaroundturnaround, HAHUAUHAHAHAHA..... Anytime."

Oh. Dreads, and barbs. I know how much the deviant writers like to give all the sci-fi alien dudes barbs and strange shapes. So, barbs, dreads.... OHH... MANDIBLES. IT HAS MANDIBLES.

SM

SM

Don't Predator reproduce with their mouths anyway?  So any unmasked shot is full frontal nudity.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed