James Cameron's Story of Science Fiction (Spielberg, Lucas, Scott, Nolan ...)

Started by Ingwar, Apr 28, 2018, 09:02:48 AM

Author
James Cameron's Story of Science Fiction (Spielberg, Lucas, Scott, Nolan ...) (Read 2,495 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Vertigo on May 17, 2018, 08:23:26 PM
In case anyone's in my boat, in the UK wondering if this will air over here, apparently it will. It's supposed to be Tuesday 19th June on AMC, which is channel 186 on Sky (840 in HD).

Thanks for the heads-up.

TheBATMAN

I picked up the companion book to this which contains transcripts of all the interviews. The Ridley Scott chat is mostly about AI. Scott tells his age old story about how he discovered the beast through Giger's book thanks to O'Bannon and other small pieces we've heard before. Unfortunately there's no talk about Aliens or any of the sequels, and Scott tells Jim Cameron he was massively impressed and influenced by Avatar.

Ingwar

Vertigo

Being based in the UK, this is really frustrating. Turns out AMC UK is only available if you get your satellite TV from BT (does anyone?). A YouTube channel (The Critical Media Channel) uploaded the first two episodes, but that was three weeks ago and no more episodes have materialised. I can't figure out a way to watch this without subscribing to BT or VPNing my way onto a torrent site.

StrangeShape

The companion book contains entire interviews as well as interview with Cameron, with quite a lot devoted to Aliens stuff

https://alientrilogy.blogspot.com/2020/05/james-camerons-story-of-science-fiction.html

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed