Estimates on Trailer Release?

Started by ace3g, Nov 28, 2017, 04:30:05 AM

Author
Estimates on Trailer Release? (Read 125,343 times)

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: Hollywood on Apr 01, 2018, 07:53:24 PM
Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Apr 01, 2018, 03:39:02 PM
Avengers Infinity War had its first trailer on Nov. 29 with a release date of April 27. That's 4 months, 30 days between.
Solo had its first trailer on Feb 4 2018 with a release date of May 25. That's 3 months, 21 days between.
Ant Man 2 had its first trailer on January 30 2018 with a release date of July 6. That's 5 months, 7 days between.
Rampage had its first trailer on November 16 with a release date of April 13. That's 4 months, 29 days between.
Skyscraper had its first trailer on February 4 with a release date of July 13. That's 5 months, 10 days between.
A Quiet Place had its first trailer on November 16 with a release date of April 6. That's 4 months, 22 days between.

The Predator has an expected trailer on about April 15 with a release date of September 14. That's 5 months and in the same ballpark of timing with all the other big movies listed above.

Thanks for putting that together! It's all common sense but I'm sure there will be people who illogically think 'The Predator' should have released a trailer in 2017 just like 'Rampage' despite the fact that 'Rampage' releases 5 months before 'The Predator'. Next thing you know you'll have to explain how time is linear :laugh:

That's five big movies including 'Venom' that didn't release a trailer last year proving the year cutoff means nothing.

Quote from: JOHN WICK on Apr 01, 2018, 05:53:55 PM
Modus operandi  FOX. Trailer 4/5 moths.
Yawp. That's a rule of thumb for many big movies lately.

I'm not saying Venom is guaranteed to be a sub par movie but i believe the trailer being pushed out to air with Black Panther was a mistake. They had none of the effects done and threw together such a lame trailer now people have lowered expectations. I want a second trailer to inspire more confidence.

Venom isn't competing with other big movies of the summer it was placed all the way out in October far away from big movies so it will do good. I want Tom Hardy to be in a lasting franchise.

Edit-
& like The Predator, it wont get drowned out in the over saturated summer.

azamultic

azamultic

Petr Svancara its not super bad, its still a chance of it being a good movie. I am fan of predator and I am waiting for this movie, if its going to suck, that okay, I already survived AvP, AvPR, Predators. So another not good movie not going to kill my love for this alien race. As long as they making movies about predator, its always a chance for it being good. This at least my position. Again I have hope, but I do understand that all info we know not making me confident about this movie being a success. But at same time I am not confident that its going to be 100 % fale.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Stealth hunter , do you not think it's a clever move by Sony to keep people guessing ? As iv said it seems trailers are becoming short films all in their own right these days , I know everything before iv even watched the actual film .

Might just be me , but I'm glad they haven't shown venom or any plot at this point . And again this Tom hardy , that man has bags of talent . When he mingles with leonardo dicaprio , I highly doubt he would be part of this film if it was a stinker . I can't wait for this film to prove everyone wrong . Venom in my opinion is how the predator should be doing it . Making it known it's coming , but giving very little away .

Yeah shame black saying that Is baffling . He will know that a lot of us know about and have read the original script , seen the leaked photos of the predators , read the screening reactions etc

Why he chose those choice of words is intriguing to say the least .

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

Shane Black - "Wouldn't it be cool to go knowing nothing" Me - "Yeah, sure, I agree". . but not after when I see Predators in the human clothes, thats the shock for me. I just cant believe that, they have pants. . oh my! But even when I try to forget that. . they have still some weird armor, ok? Let me example that. . their armor, when you zoom the photo, it has a lot of human parts in it, that parts that are connecting their pieces remind me a school bags. . you know, it looks like man-made. I know that some folks here said that its just a photo etc. I mean, it looks crazy, its terrible. And I really believe that they really wear that stuff in the film. If that is true, damn. . Im dead already and I need a doctor propably. Because it seems that we have two -Hellboy- Predators.

Huggs

Huggs

It may very well have just been a poor choice of words, or a thought expressed at the wrong time. Regardless, I can see where he's coming from, to a point. If you were going to see a movie that was rather groundbreaking and exciting like the original Predator or Alien, it would indeed add more to the "wow factor" not knowing exactly what you're going to be seeing. The problem nowadays is that for every Fury Road or Blade Runner you get 15 movies like Iron Man 3 or Dawn of Justice.

I don't need to be surprised by a movie. I've seen Jaws probably 30 times and it's still highly entertaining. A good movie can still manage to entertain you, even when you know what's coming. Still, we've seen predators wearing clothes and riding on APC's. So I'll keep up hopes for this movie, but I'll be reading the full plot summary and catch as much footage as I can before I make a decision. Quality is subjective, I want to see what they're selling first.

Nevertheless, I wish Mr. Black and crew the best of luck, and I'm grateful to Fox for green-lighting another predator movie. May we never see the day when the A&P universe goes extinct.

Hollywood

Hollywood

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 02, 2018, 02:38:37 AM
It may very well have just been a poor choice of words, or a thought expressed at the wrong time. Regardless, I can see where he's coming from, to a point. If you were going to see a movie that was rather groundbreaking and exciting like the original Predator or Alien, it would indeed add more to the "wow factor" not knowing exactly what you're going to be seeing.

Probably. I doubt Shane Black is literally hoping people don't watch the trailer to his new movie in the same breath he's promoting its release. He has shown no signs of being disgruntled.

PredatordiedwithKevin

PredatordiedwithKevin

I'd rather it be extinct on film than see a predator in fatigues. But I guess I'll be highly disappointed for the 4th time since predator 2

azamultic

azamultic

PredatordiedwithKevin why? Bad movies not going to cancel two original movies(1987, 1990), they are still going to be great right?

Ash 937

Ash 937

They should make a movie for Carnage too and make it rated r while they're at it.  I can see Carnage as a serious horror film like Halloween or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. 

The majority of ticket buyers for The Last Gedi was approximately 34 and male.  Those are the same people that grew up with Carnage and they've been waiting for a movie like this for a long time.  The potential to be a hit is HUGE.

Ramjet311

Ramjet311

Quote from: PredatordiedwithKevin on Apr 02, 2018, 03:32:59 AM
I'd rather it be extinct on film than see a predator in fatigues. But I guess I'll be highly disappointed for the 4th time since predator 2

Predator Spirit has returned?

ELDERCLANLEADER

Yes but if we stand for mediocre forgettable films , that's what we will keep getting , there has to be a point when we say enough ! I see no reason why fans can't express their frustrations . At the end of day if you really cared about predator , and I mean really cared about the character , you would care about the quality of production he is being given .  Certain site members seem hellbent on defending the indefensible with this film ( I don't know why considering how cliched the script is , and wtf predators in human clothes, oh dear! And the list of wtf moments is quite high 😕) Why can't they understand why some of us , are not liking the direction predator is heading in ?

azamultic

azamultic

ELDERCLANLEADER hello my friend!
"here has to be a point when we say enough ! I see no reason why fans can't express their frustrations . At the end of day if you really cared about predator , and I mean really cared about the character , you would care about the quality of production he is being given ." If I am not agree with you, it doesn't mean I don't care about the character, or you are bigger fan than I am, , that doesn't work like that. ( I watched predator from 3 years old, I almost watch it once in month and two month, right now I am 27 years old, I drew predator whole my childhood, and right now I am working as a 2D and 3D artist in entertainment industry, I can say that Predator is one of my biggest inspirations)
   "Certain site members seem hellbent on defending the indefensible with this film ( I don't know why considering how cliched the script is , and wtf predators in human clothes, oh dear! And the list of wtf moments is quite high 😕) Why can't they understand why some of us , are not liking the direction predator is heading in ?"
  Now if I am not hating this movie right now, it doesnt mean I don't care about the character. I never said it's going to be suscess, I just saing that we can wait and see. It's other people who 90 % sure it's going to fale, and this is the reason I am commenting. I am not going to protect the movie if it's going to suck, you do have a reasons to  worry, and I worry too, but the difference is that I am not writing every comment about how this movie going to fale and how 20 century fox are terrible guys. Yehh I see that we have questionable moments in the script and production, but maybe we will get lucky and "fall"(from Predator 2 :) ) and get actually a good movie(Just maybe).
"The point I'm making , is when you pay attention from the very beginning, you can see the cracks when a film is in trouble . If I'm wrong I'll hold my hands up , but I'm 90% accurate on predicting a films success . And I think the predator is going to be a complete failure , unless fox start pushing it hard now . "
   The thing is you are pretty confident in your thoughts and conclusions, I am open to interpretations and different possibilities. Maybe you are right about 20 century fox and the whole production of the movie, but I don't make this type of strong assumptions. Just because you never know. (And I do like to read about movies production, so I am not somebody who doesn't have no idead about movie making)  ;)
  And the final thing, I am a huge fan of Predator(not trying to brag or anything) and for me as long as studio going to make movies about Predator, we still going to have a chance of having another good movie about Predator.   ;D

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Wait for the trailer to come out, and you'll see people saying it sucks etc... Some others will say it's great etc... You can't please everyone anyway...

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Azamultic firstly I wasn't talking about you , I was talking about a few other members , secondly I never said " if you are a fan " I said if you cared about the predator character, you would care about the quality of production he is being given " They both go hand in hand , and I think there's more than enough evidence to confidently say the quality is questionable.

so stop mixing up what I'm saying bro , I know what I'm saying , it's me that said it .

What I'm trying to highlight is ultimately it's up to the fan base to get a decent movie out of a studio , and it really is , they take us for granted and you can't even see it , look at disneys obsessions with the Star Wars fan base , they want to please ! The same cannot be said for 20th century fox . we have a right to talk about it .

if we just have a defeatist attitude , they are always going to give us half baked films . There has to be a point when the fan base really lets fox know hard how much we dislike what they are doing to this beloved franchise.

Leave this page and go on social media and YouTube etc , you can see how people are really feeling about predator wearing human clothes and driving APCs .

I'm just speaking the truth .

What previous post ? Disney haven't got it totally right on Star Wars sure , but at least they try and I can guarantee that even a weak Disney film , has better production quality than what fox puts out . There's only one franchise I can think of that fox put some heart into as of late and that was the new planet of the apes trilogy .

azamultic

azamultic

ELDERCLANLEADER hely my friend 
"I said if you cared about the predator character, you would care about the quality of production he is being given " 
what I am saying is that you can have different attitude and look on the situation.
   "What I'm trying to highlight is ultimately it's up to the fan base to get a decent movie out of a studio , and it really is , they take us for granted and you can't even see it"
    kind of true and not true. so I wouldn't argue that, but also not agree with that.
  "Leave this page and go on social media and YouTube etc , you can see how people are really feeling about predator wearing human clothes and driving APCs ."
I know sir, I am not a fan of it neither, but what I am trying to say lets wait and see, than be negative about a lot of stuff.
"so stop mixing up what I'm saying bro , I know what I'm saying , it's me that said it . " Please sir, I am not trying to fight you and I am using your test as a mean of communication and debating about the points, this sentence does sound passive agressive, or if not please can you use smile faces, because it's hard for me to get your tone of conversation (like this ) ;)  or if you are trying to be passive agressive with me I don't have no desire to have a conversation.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed