ALIEN: Hope For The Future (FanGame)

Started by IIapagokc, Aug 11, 2017, 04:07:20 PM

Author
ALIEN: Hope For The Future (FanGame) (Read 58,454 times)

IIapagokc

IIapagokc

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 17, 2017, 12:53:19 PM
What is the spoken language going to be?
Russian. English lang will be, but later.

Olde

Olde

Will front page the demo release as well, if you'd like?
The problem is front-paging it so FOX doesn't see it. Would be a shame if trying to promote the game led to a C&D. The news is probably best saved for when the final version is complete.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Olde on Sep 17, 2017, 06:56:08 PM
Will front page the demo release as well, if you'd like?
The problem is front-paging it so FOX doesn't see it. Would be a shame if trying to promote the game led to a C&D. The news is probably best saved for when the final version is complete.

Which is why I asked him, not say I would.

Also, very thinly veiled attempt at a dig. What's with the frequent need to be antagonist towards me?

Quote from: IIapagokc on Sep 17, 2017, 01:15:39 PM
What is the spoken language going to be?
Russian. English lang will be, but later.

Cool. Thanks for letting me know.

Olde

Olde

It's not a thinly veiled attempt at anything. I don't want to see this project get aborted because of Fox executives, do you? Or have you forgotten the debacle with AvM, among numerous other fan-made projects? I wouldn't want anyone to publicize this game before it's properly finished because I'd rather have a finished game to play than a well-publicized demo that drew the ire of FOX and led to a C&D. I thought this was common knowledge.

Corporal Hicks

Not a thinly veiled attempt at anything.  ::) Anyway, I'd rather not derail this thread.

I'm eager to see the demo and looking forward to seeing more of the project.  :)

IIapagokc

Quote from: Olde on Sep 17, 2017, 07:40:06 PM
It's not a thinly veiled attempt at anything. I don't want to see this project get aborted because of Fox executives, do you? Or have you forgotten the debacle with AvM, among numerous other fan-made projects? I wouldn't want anyone to publicize this game before it's properly finished because I'd rather have a finished game to play than a well-publicized demo that drew the ire of FOX and led to a C&D. I thought this was common knowledge.
it is possible to tell in more detail about a situation with a AvM?  why Fox has killed it?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Sometimes Fox will issue cease-and-desist orders to fan-made projects such as this. It's one of the reasons I generally don't report on fan-projects on the front-page until they're close to/at completion as to not draw any unwanted attention to them. It typically happens when Fox are working on something official that is similar to the fan-made project.

The most recent example would be Fox c&ding the fanfilm Alien: Identity. It was similar in concept to what we assume Blomkamp's Alien 5 was doing. I can't remember when AvM was coming out so I can't speculate as to if that may have happened to AvM.

IIapagokc

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 18, 2017, 07:22:56 AM
Sometimes Fox will issue cease-and-desist orders to fan-made projects such as this. It's one of the reasons I generally don't report on fan-projects on the front-page until they're close to/at completion as to not draw any unwanted attention to them. It typically happens when Fox are working on something official that is similar to the fan-made project.

The most recent example would be Fox c&ding the fanfilm Alien: Identity. It was similar in concept to what we assume Blomkamp's Alien 5 was doing. I can't remember when AvM was coming out so I can't speculate as to if that may have happened to AvM.
even if it is not the commercial project?  AvM was developed just before a ACm release

Hemi

Hemi

nice! Minor detail, you might want to lower the ceiling in the corridors. (I made that mistake too when I was rebuilding the corridors in Killing floor 2....pain in the ass to do it afterwards)

IIapagokc

Quote from: Hemi on Sep 18, 2017, 07:39:43 AM
nice! Minor detail, you might want to lower the ceiling in the corridors. (I made that mistake too when I was rebuilding the corridors in Killing floor 2....pain in the ass to do it afterwards)

http://oi68.tinypic.com/29mkfau.jpg
the ceiling is temporary to close a hole)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: IIapagokc on Sep 18, 2017, 07:31:09 AM
even if it is not the commercial project?  AvM was developed just before a ACm release

Even if it's a free project, yeah. They view it as a threat/competition towards their commercial product.

Hemi

Hemi

Quote from: IIapagokc on Sep 18, 2017, 07:42:55 AM
Quote from: Hemi on Sep 18, 2017, 07:39:43 AM

http://oi68.tinypic.com/29mkfau.jpg
the ceiling is temporary to close a hole)

ah right. Cool!

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 18, 2017, 08:40:20 AM
Quote from: IIapagokc on Sep 18, 2017, 07:31:09 AM

Even if it's a free project, yeah. They view it as a threat/competition towards their commercial product.

There are no big plans with the "Aliens" stamp, videogame wise. So thats something. And IIapagokc seems to be from the Russian part of the world. Back in my Killing floor modding days we had Russian websites selling mods with ripped characters from other games etc. Tripwire(the company who made KF) could only warn them as legally there was little they could do.

And remember.... we released a huge mod for killing floor, converting the entire game in an Aliens theme...4 months before ACM hit the shelves.

Maybe it has more to do with the location you are from or something lol.

IIapagokc

Mouth Animation Test
https://youtu.be/yy0ofE3_UJE

Corporal Hicks

I think it still needs a little work. Some of that looks spot on and some of it is a bit out. Out of interest, just how difficult is the mouth animation?

IIapagokc

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 19, 2017, 09:52:35 AM
I think it still needs a little work. Some of that looks spot on and some of it is a bit out. Out of interest, just how difficult is the mouth animation?
it is the first work with animation of a mouth. I will work further on improvement of quality. Сonsidering that I have no cameras for motion capture, work on animation rather difficult.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed