Alien Covenant Blu-ray

Started by 0321recon, Jun 29, 2017, 02:49:35 PM

Author
Alien Covenant Blu-ray (Read 118,392 times)

0321recon

0321recon

I came across this on Blu-ray.com's Alien: Covenant thread.

Special Features:
Audio Commentary by Ridley Scott
12 Deleted and Extended Scenes
5 Featurettes: Meet Walter, Phobos, The Last Supper, The Crossing, Advent
Master Class: Ridley Scott
Theatrical Trailers
David's Illustrations

Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1
4K Blu-ray: Dolby Atmos

Not much there to say besides if this is official, then we might not be seeing an extended cut anytime soon.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Do you have a direct link please?

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2017, 02:51:48 PM

Here's the thread were I found this info in.

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=13779347#post13779347

TWJones

TWJones

There are the extended and deleted scenes though...we also have to remember that The Martian was released with a standard edition, and then several months later an Extended Edition was released with 10 minutes added back into the film. So, hope exists. However, unless I'm mistaken, The Martian was very successful, which could have prompted the double-dip extended cut.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: 0321recon on Jun 29, 2017, 02:53:04 PM

Thanks recon. No mention on there of where the info came from.

I can't help but sigh. If that's legit then that's just pitiful. Sounds like we might get to see some of those other virals that weren't released but I'd still rather a massive chunky behind-the-scenes documentary.

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: TWJones on Jun 29, 2017, 02:55:05 PM
There are the extended and deleted scenes though...we also have to remember that The Martian was released with a standard edition, and then several months later an Extended Edition was released with 10 minutes added back into the film. So, hope exists. However, unless I'm mistaken, The Martian was very successful, which could have prompted the double-dip extended cut.

I have that Blu-ray and it didn't come with deleted scenes or Director's commentary. That's why if this is official, then that special edition will not come into fruition anytime soon.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Doesn't look like we'd be getting a long-ass documentary then, only short featurettes (sans the HBO special even!), and we have seen stuff like The Last Supper or The Crossing already...By the way I might be forced to double dip and buy the regular BR version as soon as it's out and then once I get an Xbox One X, I'll buy the 4K UHD version...

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2017, 02:58:44 PM
Quote from: 0321recon on Jun 29, 2017, 02:53:04 PM

Thanks recon. No mention on there of where the info came from.

I can't help but sigh. If that's legit then that's just pitiful. Sounds like we might get to see some of those other virals that weren't released but I'd still rather a massive chunky behind-the-scenes documentary.

I hope Fox releases something officially to either verify or discredit this. If this what their officially releasing, then its a bummer. Besides an extended cut, I was waiting for another two to three hour doc session with Covenant.

TWJones

TWJones

Quote from: 0321recon on Jun 29, 2017, 03:00:07 PM

I have that Blu-ray and it didn't come with deleted scenes or Director's commentary. That's why if this is official, then that special edition will not come into fruition anytime soon.

Interesting, I didn't realize the original Martian release didn't have those features. Bummer. If nothing else, I sincerely hope that the deleted scenes are the 12 minutes with Shaw Pietro was talking about.

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: TWJones on Jun 29, 2017, 03:18:06 PM
Quote from: 0321recon on Jun 29, 2017, 03:00:07 PM

Interesting, I didn't realize the original Martian release didn't have those features. Bummer. If nothing else, I sincerely hope that the deleted scenes are the 12 minutes with Shaw Pietro was talking about.

I'm crossing my fingers that it's in there so someone is able to do a fan edit like Prometheus.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Its possible that due to the lower turnout for this film, Fox is holding back so people have a reason to buy future releases.
I wasnt expecting an extended cut yet. They will certainly wait for a boxed set for those.
I was really hoping for a 4 hours documentary though. Fingers crossed this is being saved for later.

TWJones

TWJones

Director's Cuts and Extended Cuts are so bizarre. I think sometimes the filmmaker isn't involved in the process at all.
For example: the 2006 Extended Cut of Black Hawk Down. 8 minutes were added back into the film, but there was never any talk of Ridley doing this himself. Same with The Martian Extended Cut.

We also saw this with Tony Scott's films Crimson Tide and Enemy of the State. No filmmaker involvement was mentioned in any of the advertising or promotion.

So they give us films that don't really need additional footage, and then when there is a film many of the fans want a Director's Cut of...no go.

As Donald Trump would say...SAD.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 29, 2017, 02:58:44 PM

Enoch mentioned several months back that his "source" told him that there was a making-of documentary shot called "The Making of Fear". Not 100% certain about the veracity of Enoch's source though, so take with a grain of salt.

EDIT: Found his original post. At least he was spot-on about Luke doing the viral marketing so he might be onto something here.

Quote from: Enoch on Sep 01, 2016, 01:26:48 AM
Verified info! Finally!

There will be documentary on movie titled 'The Making of Fear'.
Thats only thing I know at this moment. They plan extensive marketing campaign!

One of Ridley sons maybe did some viral material for Covenant!
This is just a strong hint.

Evanus

Evanus

It would be sad if there isn't a documentary, but at least we'll get 12 deleted/extended scenes. That sounds like quite a lot.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Just gimme that apartment scene. NOW.

It'll play on a loop in my living room.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed