Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus

Started by Darkness, Jun 12, 2017, 07:01:45 AM

Author
Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus (Read 1,382 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Absolutely loved New Order and Old Blood was okay.

Corporal Hicks

Completely missed this! Looks pretty fun. I missed out on the last one so I think I'll go pick it up next time I'm in town.

Sabby

Sabby

New Order was fantastic. This looks great, though I never did like the change to the games setting. Retro-Futuristic seemed an odd change from the Occult stuff, but they made it work.

Sabres21768

I have now played through Wolfenstein, Wolfenstein: The New Order, and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood...

My body is ready for this game!

Darkness

Well, I finished it yesterday. Meh. Long campaign but I think the novelty of the series has just worn off for me. I absolutely loved New Order - but The Old Blood and this have just been kinda boring for me.

Sabby

Sabby

I actually replayed New Order to prep for this, and boy was that game a solid 7. I remembered it being a hard 9, but it really wasn't. There wasn't much weapon variety, fighting armored enemies was really dull (and it moved almost exclusively towards them as the game went on), the boss fights were awful, it was way too devoted to some strange gimmicks that didn't really feel worth it (the laser cutter, the hub world), that bizarre Illuminati Jewtech, and the stories pacing in general was just a little too brisk.

I started New Colossus and really was not enjoying it. The first few levels felt really rough and unbalanced, the story wasn't grabbing me, the new home base was even worse for getting lost in, so there was more down time, and they kept shoving that ridiculous Illuminati tech in your face... and then Grace shows up. She almost made me quit the game.

I stuck with it though, and the game really improved after that. Level design got tighter, story got better, the gameplay really improved, and Grace didn't talk as often. I ended up loving it over the first by the end. This is the hard 9 I remember New Order being.

Spoiler
Also, everything to do with the Hitler scene, the ending at the TV station, and that bomb ass pregnancy shootout. f**king hell this game redeemed itself.
[close]

PVTDukeMorrison

Let me start off by saying that I loved The New Order and The Old Blood. The New Order felt like a great combination of old and new, while The Old Blood was a solid call back to the series paranormal routes. This one felt rushed and I couldn't stand the characters, nothing about Grace was redeeming. The final bosses in TNO and TOB were great, while this one ended with a quicktime event  :(

Wweyland

Finished the game and it was pretty good. The levels lacked variety, it seemed like out of the first 5 levels 4 were on the submarine. Would have loved the tear the KKK a new one on the streets of the town. Instead, it's mostly fighting nazi soldiers in small corridors. Still, great gunplay.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Wweyland on Jan 04, 2018, 06:32:45 PM
Finished the game and it was pretty good. The levels lacked variety, it seemed like out of the first 5 levels 4 were on the submarine. Would have loved the tear the KKK a new one on the streets of the town. Instead, it's mostly fighting nazi soldiers in small corridors. Still, great gunplay.

The KKK was made into a sort of bridge between the Nazi order and occupied America. They weren't really combatants, they were just as much under the heel as everyone else. I mean, the first time you see them, it's made clear they are not doing much better than the average citizen. The Nazi soldier talking to them strongly implies that the KKK is going to be dismantled, or at least heavily restructured soon, with the 'undesirable' members being taken out.

And yet, all people wanted to do since the first trailer was shoot the guys. Granted, I wanted to see more of them, but what we got didn't make me want to shoot them. They were just useful idiots caught up in an occupation, and their usefulness wasn't going to last.

chrisr232007

Quote from: Sabby on Jan 05, 2018, 09:03:17 AM
Quote from: Wweyland on Jan 04, 2018, 06:32:45 PM

The KKK was made into a sort of bridge between the Nazi order and occupied America. They weren't really combatants, they were just as much under the heel as everyone else. I mean, the first time you see them, it's made clear they are not doing much better than the average citizen. The Nazi soldier talking to them strongly implies that the KKK is going to be dismantled, or at least heavily restructured soon, with the 'undesirable' members being taken out.

And yet, all people wanted to do since the first trailer was shoot the guys. Granted, I wanted to see more of them, but what we got didn't make me want to shoot them. They were just useful idiots caught up in an occupation, and their usefulness wasn't going to last.

You get to shot up some KKK members on a side mission to kill a general or some type of Nazi leader in Roswell.

Sabby

Sabby

I skipped the side missions. Only wanted the ram upgrade.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed