A Female Predator Prediction

Started by acrediblesource, May 24, 2017, 02:40:31 AM

Do you think there is going to be a FEMALE Predator as the lead antagonist?

Hell yeah!
Hell No!
Back to basics, and it's a group.
Author
A Female Predator Prediction (Read 20,625 times)

Vermillion

Vermillion

Mary Sue in the Predator now?
Give it a rest

Mister Skeezler

I like my aliens to feel "alien." To basically give us Red Sonja with mandibles and dreadlocks would be f**king lazy and creatively cheap.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Predator is Gary Stu. 

:P

brokentusk420

brokentusk420

NO. Just no...every rendition ive ever seen of some boobed up predator has been awful. As someone said before. If you HAVE to go there the difference in sex should be like what we see in reptiles and amphibians. NOT mammals. People get so hung up on the humanoid figure and get lazy when designing different sexes. Breast are COMPLETELY a mammalian organ. Predators are not mammals. It should be a no-brainer, but people persist in making those awful tittted up playboy bunny predators. Probably for their own sick fantasies. Leave that stuff in your bedroom. Dont ruin a classic movie character with that nonsense.

monkeylove

monkeylove

Interesting idea, i.e., generally predators vs. predators, but they should probably limit that to a TV show or something similar, and then see if there will be enough viewers. That's assuming, of course, that the production cost can be kept low.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: brokentusk420 on Dec 07, 2017, 06:00:54 AM
NO. Just no..

I don't think anyone is saying its a good idea at all. Just, if it happened, they'd probably show you it was female by giving it boobs: Red Sonja Predator as was said above.

Scorpio

Scorpio

NO. Just no...every rendition ive ever seen of some boobed up predator has been awful. As someone said before. If you HAVE to go there the difference in sex should be like what we see in reptiles and amphibians. NOT mammals. People get so hung up on the humanoid figure and get lazy when designing different sexes. Breast are COMPLETELY a mammalian organ. Predators are not mammals. It should be a no-brainer, but people persist in making those awful tittted up playboy bunny predators. Probably for their own sick fantasies. Leave that stuff in your bedroom. Dont ruin a classic movie character with that nonsense.

Predator is a fantasy creature, not a reptile, amphibian or mammal.  You can stick boobs or anything you want on it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Rape of the natural world?

bobby brown

bobby brown

Agree, agree... But hey now, since the predators are DNA sucking space vampires....?

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Some fans love putting tits on the Predator and sexing it up. You know it's true and I bet some of them are hiding among us now, cloaked as it were.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: bobby brown on Dec 07, 2017, 03:48:56 PM

Agree, agree... But hey now, since the predators are DNA sucking space vampires....?

Yeah that's exactly what they do in the script  ;D

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Mister Skeezler on Nov 07, 2017, 10:37:42 PM
I like my aliens to feel "alien." To basically give us Red Sonja with mandibles and dreadlocks would be f**king lazy and creatively cheap.
Also, many renderings I've seen, the female predator creatures are almost always portrayed as warriors. To speculate on Predator creature society (from the feature films), it seems unlikely every single Predator creature is a warrior. Someone has to be supporting their modern tech infrastructure, factory workers building spacecraft, clothing makers, etc. There's a predator creature somewhere on their world working as a seamstress or tailor, yes? No? Someone threaded their clothing.

brokentusk420

brokentusk420

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 07, 2017, 10:02:22 AM

Predator is a fantasy creature, not a reptile, amphibian or mammal.  You can stick boobs or anything you want on it.

No you that's just lazy as said before and unimaginative.  You may not realize this because you are so fixated on boobs, but the best fantasy creatures as you put it, are rooted in reality.  That's what makes the living to us.  The creatures draw ideas about there character from the world we live in.  So no you can't just slap tits on something and say looks it's a girl.  Especially if said thing resembles something amphibian or reptilian in nature.

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Dec 07, 2017, 04:11:09 PM
Also, many renderings I've seen, the female predator creatures are almost always portrayed as warriors. To speculate on Predator creature society (from the feature films), it seems unlikely every single Predator creature is a warrior. Someone has to be supporting their modern tech infrastructure, factory workers building spacecraft, clothing makers, etc. There's a predator creature somewhere on their world working as a seamstress or tailor, yes? No? Someone threaded their clothing.

My question is why?  Why do we need to know every aspect of something? Why can't there be mystery and things that are never answered? I feel going that deep into something like the Predator's background will only ruin it. Somethings should just never be answered.  Especially in a movie where it serves no purpose to the story. Predator was so great because it was action with a dash of scifi. It didn't elaborate too much on the predator. It was just an otherworldly badass.  The second movie was good too because it gave you a little more to the character,  but the mystery of it is still there.  But if they start adding into the movies females and the baby predators, and dishwasher predators,  it's going to ruin it. I don't want to relate to them and be like "oh they are kind like us!"

The fact that they aren't like me and maybe beyond understanding as we know it makes the predator so formidable. A hunter from the heavens above

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Dec 07, 2017, 04:11:09 PM

Indeed, the first AVP comic and the Peter Briggs script both showed scenes aboard the Predator mothership, and it evoked an Native American Indian vibe with techn-mixed with ancient ritual where people were sitting around fashioning clothing and basically depicting Predator's as a society.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed