Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!)

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 26, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

The Alien Covenant Footage what did you think??

Awesome!!!
143 (94.1%)
Meh!!
9 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Author
Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!) (Read 67,580 times)

PsyKore

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 28, 2017, 11:04:14 PM
This prologue with Shaw won't be in the film, but the bombing scene probably will be.

Which baffles me, because there's a lot of people, even some I know personally, that still wonder if this is a sequel to Prometheus or not. I'm sure leaving the little prologue part in the movie would help rather than hinder in that case. But I guess we'll find out what happens to Shaw anyway (hopefully!), so whatever, I guess.

Ulfer

My guess : it's a decision from the studio and maybe also from Scott himself, a middle ground situation. It's of course a sequel of Prometheus, but for commercial and artistic reasons, it seems that they've chosen to moderate this aspect. It's in line with the fact the movie is entitled Alien Covenant and not Covenant alone. Of course, David is present and will play a role (we don't know exactly what happened to Shaw).
For my part I would have no problem with having the content of these two minutes in the movie itself : David can narrate it to the Covenant crew when they meet and thus, if the scene of the bombing happens at the beginning of the movie (after a scene of the "birth" of David with Weyland ?), the spectator can make the connection then (at the middle of the movie).
Eventually, it's embarrassing. It's a good clip, with elements of awe, it's sad for it to be an extra.

shawsbaby

Quote from: PsyKore on Apr 29, 2017, 09:43:46 AM
Quote from: Predaker on Apr 28, 2017, 11:04:14 PM
This prologue with Shaw won't be in the film, but the bombing scene probably will be.

Which baffles me, because there's a lot of people, even some I know personally, that still wonder if this is a sequel to Prometheus or not. I'm sure leaving the little prologue part in the movie would help rather than hinder in that case. But I guess we'll find out what happens to Shaw anyway (hopefully!), so whatever, I guess.

I think if someone--particularly a fan of Prometheus--is paying attention to any of the trailers or any of the marketing, it's clear this is a sequel to Prometheus and a prequel to Alien. And I think the casual viewer who doesn't remember Prometheus, or didn't see it, or is just excited about a new, high quality Alien film will flock to see this opening night.

Releasing the prologue to the public a month prior to the film's release is smart because it caters to both groups: those of us who want more Prometheus and more Shaw get to see what happened in the aftermath, and those who don't realize it's continuing the Prometheus storyline will be reminded and prepared. Ultimately having David prominently in the film continues the narrative either way and most who go see Covenant will remember him (and recognize Fassbender as Walter), but I think this prologue eases the blow of the diminished role/fate of Shaw without having to shoehorn a flashback that's too explicit or start the film off directly at the end of Prometheus, which is something they could have done but Ridley opted for a Weyland/David moment instead.

Marcus9000

Quote from: windebieste on Apr 29, 2017, 08:29:05 AM
I wonder if she asked him for her lipstick, purse or bra, if David would have pulled them out of his pockets, too. 

I can just see Shaw standing there, demanding David hand everything back. lol.  "By the way David, what else do you have in your pocketses?  A ring of invisibility will be handy."

-Windebieste.

Reminds me of that old Parker & Lady Penelope joke!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

reecebomb

Alien Covenant 10 preview has it's positives and negatives, this however is pure jokes. I don't get why people get pumped by this clip, it's a travesty.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: reecebomb on Apr 30, 2017, 11:28:08 PM
Alien Covenant 10 preview has it's positives and negatives, this however is pure jokes. I don't get why people get pumped by this clip, it's a travesty.

People are allowed to enjoy what they want, who are you to say otherwise?

Samhain13

Nice avatar.

rabidranger

In what way?

cliffhanger

can we just totally start ignoring this blatant and obvious troll?

Ingwar

Quote from: cliffhanger on May 01, 2017, 07:49:03 AM

can we just totally start ignoring this blatant and obvious troll?

Agree.

reecebomb

reecebomb

Cliffhanger, Ingwar and few others - you remind of the guys who used to call anyone who dared to criticize Colonial Marines a troll, hater... before the game was released, while it was obvious somethings was not right with it for some time before release. Some of them were defending it even after it was released. So are you a blind fanboy who can't take criticism and acts like if someone criticized his/her dear husband/wife?

Quote from: rabidranger on May 01, 2017, 03:47:43 AM

In what way?

I'll get back to it later, tight schedual today.

Darth Vile

There's very little to critisise in the clips. Wait until the films out.

cliffhanger

ignore mode on

Spoiler

Quote from: reecebomb on May 01, 2017, 09:34:29 AM
Cliffhanger, Ingwar and few others - you remind of the guys who used to call anyone who dared to criticize Colonial Marines a troll, hater... before the game was released, while it was obvious somethings was not right with it for some time before release. Some of them were defending it even after it was released. So are you a blind fanboy who can't take criticism and acts like if someone criticized his/her dear husband/wife?

[close]

there, much better.

reecebomb

Quote from: cliffhanger on May 01, 2017, 05:30:22 PM
ignore mode on

Spoiler

Quote from: reecebomb on May 01, 2017, 09:34:29 AM

[close]

there, much better.

It's not like you were paying attention before, silly fanboy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed