User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NECA's The Predator Figures  (Read 39898 times)

The Old One
Jan 31, 2019, 01:49:20 PM
Reply #510 on: Jan 31, 2019, 01:49:20 PM
Q
I know the pain of painting figures, what sealant do you use?

JokersWarPig
Jan 31, 2019, 02:14:49 PM
Reply #512 on: Jan 31, 2019, 02:14:49 PM
Q
Armored Borg is definitely in my top 3 Predators. I bought 3 of them when they released just so I could customize some extras

This.
4 Pack of the Testors Dullcote Spray Lacquer 3oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V89X2D4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_38VuCbYKPQKBN

That's what I use. It works great everywhere except for joints, but that can't be helped because of friction.

AhabPredator
Jan 31, 2019, 03:42:42 PM
Reply #513 on: Jan 31, 2019, 03:42:42 PM
Q
Armored Borg is definitely in my top 3 Predators. I bought 3 of them when they released just so I could customize some extras

This.
4 Pack of the Testors Dullcote Spray Lacquer 3oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V89X2D4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_38VuCbYKPQKBN

That's what I use. It works great everywhere except for joints, but that can't be helped because of friction.

Joints are ass to paint anyway. I never do.

The Old One
Jan 31, 2019, 04:40:36 PM
Reply #514 on: Jan 31, 2019, 04:40:36 PM
Q
TY

pmaz11
Feb 01, 2019, 01:07:15 AM
Reply #516 on: Feb 01, 2019, 01:07:15 AM
Q
Borg I know, he is unique TBF- but which is Warrior?

Have you seen armored Borg? That's something special.

It's neca's interpretation of the character "in armor." I did a custom repaint of the unmasked head to swap on this body at will. Kind of turning him into an "ultimate" version of the figure. Repainted by hand...

Very nice! I’ve been working on ultimate versions for other figures that previously came separate from Neca, etc.

& I thought about doing this Borg figure as well. Great touches on the head repaint too.

AhabPredator
Feb 01, 2019, 10:09:54 AM
Reply #517 on: Feb 01, 2019, 10:09:54 AM
Q
Borg I know, he is unique TBF- but which is Warrior?

Have you seen armored Borg? That's something special.

It's neca's interpretation of the character "in armor." I did a custom repaint of the unmasked head to swap on this body at will. Kind of turning him into an "ultimate" version of the figure. Repainted by hand...

Very nice! I’ve been working on ultimate versions for other figures that previously came separate from Neca, etc.

& I thought about doing this Borg figure as well. Great touches on the head repaint too.

Thank you! I wish I had done a before and after shot of the head repaint. It's that substantial.

Here is, perhaps, the best work I have done.

Still Collating...
Feb 01, 2019, 01:22:07 PM
Reply #518 on: Feb 01, 2019, 01:22:07 PM
Q
Yeah, as I said before, that color scheme works really well with that head. To bad they don't explore more of the skin color possibilities in the movies. That could really add some character to a predator.

Randy on twitter said that Upgrade might come in May, and for all of us who have been collecting their newer lines, that means June.  :laugh:
Golden angel is being shipped as of yesterday. So to anyone who plans on getting him, start hunting.

AhabPredator
Feb 01, 2019, 08:05:31 PM
Reply #519 on: Feb 01, 2019, 08:05:31 PM
Q
Yeah, as I said before, that color scheme works really well with that head. To bad they don't explore more of the skin color possibilities in the movies. That could really add some character to a predator.

Randy on twitter said that Upgrade might come in May, and for all of us who have been collecting their newer lines, that means June.  :laugh:
Golden angel is being shipped as of yesterday. So to anyone who plans on getting him, start hunting.

It takes months for "just shipped" predators to reach me at Target.

Xenomrph
Feb 02, 2019, 09:51:38 AM
Reply #520 on: Feb 02, 2019, 09:51:38 AM
Q

I think "shipping now" applies more to their eBay store than anything else. Their instagram said the new Terminator Kenner Homage wave of figures was "shipping now" like a week and a half ago, and BBTS only just charged me for my preorder this afternoon.

AhabPredator
Feb 02, 2019, 01:04:30 PM
Reply #521 on: Feb 02, 2019, 01:04:30 PM
Q

I think "shipping now" applies more to their eBay store than anything else. Their instagram said the new Terminator Kenner Homage wave of figures was "shipping now" like a week and a half ago, and BBTS only just charged me for my preorder this afternoon..

I would say that's accurate.

Sabres21768
Feb 03, 2019, 01:12:02 AM
Reply #522 on: Feb 03, 2019, 01:12:02 AM
Q
New pic of the NECA Emissary Predator figure.
Randy has hinted that we might see the other Emissary figure at ToyFair.

Xenomrph
Feb 03, 2019, 02:35:33 AM
Reply #523 on: Feb 03, 2019, 02:35:33 AM
Q
Has NECA clarified if they're making the Emissary Predators just cuz, or were the figures in development when the characters were still part of the movie?

Facebook Twitter Instagram Steam RSS Feed