Adult Deacon Concepts from Fire and Stone comics

Started by Lizardboy, Jan 11, 2017, 02:39:50 PM

Author
Adult Deacon Concepts from Fire and Stone comics (Read 17,346 times)

Burn the Floor

Quote from: skhellter on Jan 13, 2017, 07:33:21 PM
Looks ridiculous.

no big loss.

I agree actually, just looks like they took the existing Deacon design and stretched it like taffy

SM

The mountain was more interesting.

Russ840

Quote from: SM on Jan 14, 2017, 08:39:47 PM

I actually didn't mind the mountain thing when it was implied but I wanted more from it. Same as the whole Fire and stones series I suppose though. Didn't really leave me feeling fulfilled.

SM

That particular aspect wasn't really tied up satisfactorily.  I liked the thing with Elden merging with it and referencing the mural, but we never even got confirmation that the mountain was the Deacon, nevermind how it ended up like that.

Russ840

Yeah. It all seemed empty. Like an after though, which I suppose it was being that fox had them change the story so much.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

What's this mountain you guys are talking about? Pics?

SM

Quote from: Russ840 on Jan 14, 2017, 09:19:38 PM
Yeah. It all seemed empty. Like an after though, which I suppose it was being that fox had them change the story so much.

I wouldn't call it an after thought, since it was setup during the Aliens arc, then referenced several times in subsequent arcs.  But Life & Death has a different writer who went in a different direction.  I would've thought the survivors would stay in their cave since the Aliens stayed away from it.  An offhand remark about why they couldn't stay there would've sufficed.

Russ840

Quote from: Omegamorph on Jan 14, 2017, 09:21:58 PM
What's this mountain you guys are talking about? Pics?

Spoiler
its in Fire and stone. It's a point of interested in the story and is implied to have been the deacon. It's like a mountain that is alive and has 4 spires at the top. If I am remembering correctly.
[close]

echobbase79

The mountain idea is interesting, but it just comes out left field and leaves you wanting to know more about that than what's going on in the story. Maybe they should do a story about that.

I agree though I liked how Elden merged with the Alien mountain and referencing the mural from Prometheus. It was a good way to end the story.

Xenomorph Boiler

this is so awesome and way cooler than a mountain

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 15, 2017, 01:41:37 AM

The mountain idea is interesting, but it just comes out left field and leaves you wanting to know more about that than what's going on in the story. Maybe they should do a story about that.

I agree though I liked how Elden merged with the Alien mountain and referencing the mural from Prometheus. It was a good way to end the story.

The Aliens films are known for their left-field twists.  The mountain was almost brilliant.  It implies terraforming.  Or I guess you could say terramorphing.  Ya, I like that, the terramorph!

Why stop at life forms?  the engineers had technologies that could actually change the land-scape of entire planets with terramorphs.  It is a great addition to the engineer lore.

The Old One

The Old One

It's dumb Af.

Garbage comic.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 04, 2019, 02:01:29 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 15, 2017, 01:41:37 AM

The Aliens films are known for their left-field twists.  The mountain was almost brilliant.  It implies terraforming.  Or I guess you could say terramorphing.  Ya, I like that, the terramorph!

Why stop at life forms?  the engineers had technologies that could actually change the land-scape of entire planets with terramorphs.  It is a great addition to the engineer lore.

I actually don't hate that idea. It at least gives the Deacon a purpose as opposed to it just sitting there.

The Old One

The Old One

It's a Neomorph variant, it's purpose is planet purification.

JokersWarPig

I think the Deacon is a lot closer to the xeno than it is the neo

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed