Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator"..

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Jul 30, 2016, 04:50:01 PM

Author
Social Media Posts Regarding "The Predator".. (Read 438,483 times)

OpenMaw

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 09, 2018, 11:25:30 PM
As for Shane quitting Twitter. And I mean absolutely no disrespect to the man, and openly condemn any of the hateful or violent criticism he may have experienced on the platform. But he's a successful adult, with a good job, healthcare, and a nice home. He'll be fine. I feel sorry for the 17 year old cashiers making minimum wage who got told to "go to hell" probably 15 different times today. And they weren't being told over the internet either.

Ah, good ol' retail. Working as a cashier at Safeway left me with quite a few stories to tell... and exactly why I left it after a few years.

Also as an aside, Daisy Ridley did not leave Social Media because of Star Wars, or her gun post, or anything like that. She made it clear she felt it was simply put unhealthy to invest so much time into it, especially because - in her own words- she's very sensitive.

Dusk

If I somehow became famous, I know I'd immediately quit all sorts of social media. I don't need that negativity in my life.

The Shuriken

Quote from: skhellter on Jul 09, 2018, 06:57:50 PM
Shane Black quit twitter.

Good job to everyone who was sending shitty comments to him.  ::)

Why exactly? What was he being harassed about?

Huggs

Quote from: The Shuriken on Jul 10, 2018, 02:17:45 AM
Quote from: skhellter on Jul 09, 2018, 06:57:50 PM
Shane Black quit twitter.

Good job to everyone who was sending shitty comments to him.  ::)

Why exactly? What was he being harassed about?

Couldn't say for sure. But dollars will get you doughnuts that it's likely the whole "predator vs 10 year old kid" thing, along with other questionable choices regarding the new predator movie.

PredBabe

I've seen a few people messaging him who are still butt hurt over the ManDURrin. Then mostly just comments about how he needs to postpone the movie indefinitely (I couldn't resist feeding into one of the trolls on Insta). You know, people bitching about a movie that hasn't even been released yet.

Honestly you're fooling yourself if you're going into this movie expecting that it will be as good as the first movie. That movie is simply untouchable and had everything going for it. But I think it's fair to say that this one could be equally as enjoyable as Predator 2, which that movie doesn't even get everything right either but I know a lot of us give it so much praise (including myself).

Huggs

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 10, 2018, 03:42:16 AM
I've seen a few people messaging him who are still butt hurt over the ManDURrin. Then mostly just comments about how he needs to postpone the movie indefinitely (I couldn't resist feeding into one of the trolls on Insta). You know, people bitching about a movie that hasn't even been released yet.

Honestly you're fooling yourself if you're going into this movie expecting that it will be as good as the first movie. That movie is simply untouchable and had everything going for it. But I think it's fair to say that this one could be equally as enjoyable as Predator 2, which that movie doesn't even get everything right either but I know a lot of us give it so much praise (including myself).

Iron man 3 is a done deal. It's over with. Not trusting his ability as a director because of it is understandable, but beating him over the head with it at this point is, well, pointless.

PredBabe

Messaging him (or anyone) rude and crude messages or death threats is pointless.

Huggs

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 10, 2018, 04:16:33 AM
Messaging him (or anyone) rude and crude messages or death threats is pointless.

People were making death threats over a freakin' movie?

PredBabe

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 10, 2018, 04:21:19 AM

One of the articles I read mentioned how Shane Black said he still receives death threats after Iron Man 3.

BishopShouldGo

That's terrible and disgusting.

Huggs

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 10, 2018, 04:33:20 AM

One of the articles I read mentioned how Shane Black said he still receives death threats after Iron Man 3.

Those people need to go out and get jobs. Maybe if they had to work all day they'd be too tired to worry about threatening people over movies that were made 5 years ago.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PredBabe on Jul 10, 2018, 04:33:20 AM

Stuff like this and all the debacle over Star Wars just disgusts me. There's too many shitty people in this world that the internet has given free reign too. While I've had the displeasure of meeting some real trash of people in our fandom (Facebook is just f**king dire for it), thankfully it's not as bad as things like Star Wars or Star Trek or Marvel.

It's a huge shame Black has left Twitter but if he's getting shit as a result of anything, I can't fault him. He's not obligated to have to put up with that kind of rubbish for a film. I just wish people would get a grip on their lives and actually consider the feelings of others.

BigDaddyJohn

Yeah unfortunately internet often favors cowards, that's just the way it is... Would love to meet them face to face, just to see how far they'll go in real life before being abruptly shut down...

Rankles75

The Mandarin twist was the best thing in Iron Man 3...

Denton Smalls

Good for Shane for not putting up with it. The irony is that all the people going out of their way to spread their anger will likely be the first who pre-order tickets.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed