[Fangame] Super Aliens

Started by Kurai, Jul 23, 2016, 12:00:47 PM

Author
[Fangame] Super Aliens (Read 1,681 times)

Kurai

Kurai

A fanmade remake of the unreleased Aliens game for the Famicom Disk System/ NES.

Aliens/ Predator/ AvP fangames are something of a rarity in this world, I don't actually know of any off the top of my head other than my Alien Hive Simulator and this. :/
Well hopefully that will change...

Right now I'm building up the engine, graphics will be reworked somewhat later. If there's an art-savvy Aliens fan out there who's interested in helping out with this, that'll be great and I'd really appreciate it.

Will add a demo once the first level is finished. ^_^

Kurai

Kurai

Spoiler
[close]
Along with facehuggers, it is a well known fact that the incredibly poppable eggs of Internecivus Raptus produce old timey game power ups as a metabolic byproduct. :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Colour me interested. I'm eager to see where you go with this.

Kurai

Kurai

Thanks! Hopefully somewhere good!  ;D

Recolored and shaded Ripley based on her Kenner figure and redid the Facehugger's jump animation. Using a recolored Alien 3 SNES Facehugger for the on the ground sprites.

I never noticed any change having armor in the original game so I've set it as the item that soaks up acid damage.
The music will also be getting a remaster, more on that later. Just for reference, how do you embed a Youtube video here? :/

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kurai on Jul 25, 2016, 04:25:17 PM
Recolored and shaded Ripley based on her Kenner figure

I am digging that! Looks great.

QuoteJust for reference, how do you embed a Youtube video here? :/

Just post a link to the video and it'll autoembed it.

Kurai

Kurai

So satisfying!

Pretty much done with Stage 1, just polishing and all that. Hopefully a demo release soon. :D

Edit////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Started on Stage 2 now!

Stage 1: The Surface
Stage 2: The Colony
Stage 3: The Sewer
Stage 4: The Reactor Core
Stage 5: The Hive!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Looking good, man! Keep it up.

Lucifero

Lucifero

you can host a few of these games on a website done in flash?

Kurai

Kurai

A video! :D
Soundtrack being remastered by Dasdeer: https://www.youtube.com/user/hjortan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 29, 2016, 11:00:43 AM
Looking good, man! Keep it up.

Thanks! Progress is a bit slow since pixelart isn't my thing, I'm glad it's turning out ok. :)

Quote from: Lucifero on Jul 29, 2016, 04:50:05 PM
you can host a few of these games on a website done in flash?

While I personally can't, I don't have the necessary tools to export to Html5, it CAN be done. Just need someone with Gamemaker: Studio with all the right plug-ins.

Also remaking the sprites of the Aliens, using the AvP Arcade sprites as a reference.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Looks like a really faithful redo. I watched a playthrough video last night and it's pretty much spot on!

Kurai

Kurai

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 01, 2016, 08:04:45 AM
Looks like a really faithful redo. I watched a playthrough video last night and it's pretty much spot on!

Thanks! Speaking of which:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_eVWBffExjEcnVMUlNENVdwSUk

There's the rom for the original Famicom game^

I was thinking we should add it to the ROM Pack.

I'm tinkering with, with VERY little chance of success, getting my remake to include the original rom built in and playable inside of the game, but I don't see that coming through... Still... A guys gotta try! Right? :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

How is the remake going to play? Will it be a standalone executable?

Quote from: Kurai on Aug 01, 2016, 11:56:04 PM
I was thinking we should add it to the ROM Pack.

I'm tinkering with, with VERY little chance of success, getting my remake to include the original rom built in and playable inside of the game, but I don't see that coming through... Still... A guys gotta try! Right? :P

Ha. That'd be fantastic! Good luck with getting it to work.

Kurai

Kurai

Pretty much. The folder will contain the soundtrack and a few bits and pieces will also be contained that are necessary for the game to run but everything is run from a single executable.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed