Can a Predator movie be an EVENT FILM?

Started by BishopShouldGo, Jun 27, 2016, 02:22:06 AM

Author
Can a Predator movie be an EVENT FILM? (Read 3,547 times)

Infected

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jun 29, 2016, 08:48:16 PM
Quote from: Infected on Jun 29, 2016, 08:08:07 PM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jun 29, 2016, 02:38:28 PM
...what.
As in five years nobody be watching Batman vs Superman or Turtles 2016 anymore just for fun,
but people still will be watching movies like Phantasm, Predator etc.

Nah.
Nah? all these sequels are made from that one specific movie, how can you deny a fact LoL
The fact we are talking about a new predator movie is because that one movie from 1987.
Thats 29 years....nahhh he says.

Master

I sense a troll trying to make a fuss around him. Don't feed the  troll.

frasermaxx

Alien was a B-movie given a A level treatment that looked grand, the same should have been done with the Predator sequels.

whiterabbit

There's been a lot of fresh meat lately and I'm damn sure The Predator is Hungry.

An event film can be a couple of things. It can be a red carpet type of event or just another blockbuster. Or it could literally just be a stand alone movie. Something that focuses on a single event. I think Shane's shooting for the red carpet.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

He wants something that the masses are looking forward to well in advanced.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jun 30, 2016, 08:21:52 AM
There's been a lot of fresh meat lately and I'm damn sure The Predator is Hungry.

An event film can be a couple of things. It can be a red carpet type of event or just another blockbuster. Or it could literally just be a stand alone movie. Something that focuses on a single event. I think Shane's shooting for the red carpet.

An event film is only one thing. It's a film that's big and anticipated lol. Shane has made his intentions clear in every interview anyway.

happypred

Quote from: SiL on Jun 27, 2016, 06:38:36 AM
Because the first movie was a B movie.

You could categorise Alien as an unoriginal slasher-in-space B movie

Both Predator and Alien shine in their execution

SiL

SiL

Of course you could. Alien got better treatment by the studio, though.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: happypred on Jul 02, 2016, 03:52:06 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jun 27, 2016, 06:38:36 AM
Because the first movie was a B movie.

You could categorise Alien as an unoriginal slasher-in-space B movie

Both Predator and Alien shine in their execution

This isn't about Alien. There's nothing wrong with B movies.

happypred

I' m not sure what B movie even means in the context of Predator (or Alien)

I think Predator, Alien, and Aliens are all incredible films. I suppose the Predator franchise has gotten lower budgets

SiL

SiL

It's a holdover from when movies used to be shown as a double feature. The "A" movie was the main attraction, the "B" movie was a supporting act. B movies were typically cheaply made genre schlock that was churned out quickly and not paid much attention to.

They're both "B" movie concepts. There's nothing wrong with that. Pretty much every major movie these days would've been a "B" film fifty years ago.

Scorpio

Alien would have been more like Alien 2:  On Earth without the budget.  Or possibly close to Planet of the Vampires (the benchmark for sci fi horror at the time).

Predator could have been another cheesy 80s action flick like Missing in Action with Chuck Norris (or many of the other movies trying to rip off Rambo:  First Blood).  Also see Without Warning, which is a low budget 80s monster movie with an alien hunting humans (alien being played by Kevin Peter Hall, no less).

(Not bashing any of these movies, btw)

It wasn't just budget, though, but the talent behind it.  Anyway, enough of my rambling.  :P

Kaltes

It's rather fascinating the amount of movies regarded as classics today initially began as concepts thought of by most as "B movie" material.

OpenMaw

John Mcternian said at one point that Predator was a "popcorn movie." So I think he'd totally agree with and support the idea that it's a b movie at heart. Though I think, like Alien, it has an added layer or two of class with a nice sheen. It's a well made and robust movie that holds up remarkably well even today.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed