Alien Home world look?

Started by nukem11, Sep 12, 2007, 11:54:08 AM

Author
Alien Home world look? (Read 7,761 times)

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

I've always taken Ripley's deduction with a grain of salt. There's nothing in Alien that so much as insinuates that she would be able to deduce that given her experiences as seen in that film. Always sounded more like an educated guess based off of what she must've thought was the Jockey bringing the creatures from another planet.

Danger Close

Danger Close

Who knows, but it is logical to assume that the Aliens were aboard the Space Jockey's ship before it crashed. I always figured the ship would have scanners and that's how the crew knew there was no life on LV-426.

Slugworth

Slugworth

I thought of a cool way to end an AvP story.  It would have to be based in the future, relatively close and prior to the first 'Alien'.  The end battle could take place somewhere on the derelict space-ship traveling through space at close range of planet LV 426.  There could be one last Predator in this battle... at first he fights and kills a space-jockey-hybrid and then goes on to sabotage the spacecraft and set it on a crash-course with the planet... anything to keep the eggs out of the hands of the Space Jockeys. The pilot could have been trying to fix the problem... until he's killed by his own chestburster. There could be some Weyland-Yutani outside involvement (hence the 'Ash' android from Alien).  Flash forward several months: Enough time has lapsed for a clan of Predators to have found planet LV 426 and the lost shipment of eggs... but they're not there to retrieve the eggs, but merely there to retrieve the mangled body of their fallen brother... and to log information... as they notice the NOSTROMO entering orbit to answer the Space Jockeys distress beacon.  That would basically end it.  Sure, there's lots of holes, but they can easily be filled.
I have an over-active imagination
;D

nukem11

nukem11

Well in a magazine from what Ridley Scott said the spacejockey was shipping the eggs to some god for sacking planet as biological weapons. There's quite a few questions about the spcejockey connected with the aliens some how and would be nice if someone answered those finally.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: nukem11 on Sep 13, 2007, 08:03:14 AM
[...] There's quite a few questions about the spcejockey connected with the aliens some how and would be nice if someone answered those finally.

I have to disagree with you there...I would rather not know...somethings should be left to keep people guessing...for instance...20 years from now, when I show my children Alien and they ask me about the space jockey...I will always be able to say that it has never been explained...as oppose to giving them a detailed explanation for it...I have found that mystery always keeps people more interested in the long run...

nukem11

nukem11

Yeah but what if Ridley made alien 5 and did the alien home world idea in a really spectacular and intriguing way. I can understand what your saying but I would love to know as long it was well made like the first film.

MattTaz

MattTaz

I think Giger is the man if they ever do an Alien Homeworld. He created the Alien and Spacejockeys after all. And his art is definetely unique.
The Spacejockeys?!?! Well homosapiens have been around 100,000 - 120,000 years??? Given the Spacejockey was fossilised.....500,000 years, 1,000,000 years?
I like the idea that they became bio-mechanical and eventually became sterile and died out. Preds then came along and picked up the pieces.
The Jockeys and Aliens seem related (through Giger's artwork) so I'd vote for Ridley Scott'a asumption that the Aliens were a bio-weapon of the Jockeys.
Certainly future films could have Jockeys in it, but leave them dead and fossilised and get Giger to do the artwork. Plus have you ever seen any of the fan-art of alive Jockeys?!? Look like Human-Elephants  :)

nukem11

nukem11

I think it would make more sense if the spacejockey was the aliens creator and how they managed to put the alien eggs on there ship. The only thing that confuse me is why his chest was burst through.

The lasers were keeping the eggs sedated somehow from hatching but maybe one of the eggs hatched accidentally by some sort of malfunction on one of the lasers and managed to find the spacejockey impregnated him and his chest burst through.

Gill Predator

Gill Predator

the pic look so good

nukem11

nukem11

Found another wicked pic by H.R Giger.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Dark_Magician on Sep 13, 2007, 02:58:22 AM
Quote from: Lovely Man on Sep 12, 2007, 05:24:58 PM
If the aliens and Preds are from the same world, then why hunt them on pyramids on Earth?

You think they would sacerfice their own? I doubt it. Like what it said about the jockeys in Orignal Sin, not wanting any more of their own dying.

Plenty of animals around. :)

Also, I prefer to think that the Space Jockey was only a tool. Like Pilot in 'Farscape', with the actual designers looking completely different.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed