Any news on Noomi Rapace?

Started by x-M-x, Dec 18, 2015, 06:56:41 PM

Author
Any news on Noomi Rapace? (Read 47,941 times)

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Feb 09, 2016, 10:16:41 PM
Quote from: CainsSon on Feb 09, 2016, 09:54:40 PM
You know what? I don't care who disagrees. To be a success they need to wrap up Ripley's storyline in a way that doesn't mess things up more.
Then people will accept more.
I actually disagree that telling us where the Alien comes from is the big mistake. The big mistake is the whole series needs to be wrangled together. The big mistake is not writing a story that makes sense.

For what to be a success? Blomkamp's movie? That would be much stronger if he wrote a story after Alien 3 with fresh characters. His ideas can still work, but Ripley, Hicks and Newt all died in Alien 3. That's wrapped up! Ripley has a clone living in the future, but that doesn't really change anything. That's 200 years later.

You might expect too much, asking for stories to make sense. The request is reasonable, but it doesn't seem to happen very often.

Nah, we should retcon Alien 3.  It's a great film as an alternative story, but a better one should have been made.  It's kind of like Deadpool in the Wolverine: Origins movie vs. the new Deadpool movie.  Yes the tale of Deadpool was told already, but a probably better one is about to unfold.  Alien 3 has to go.  I mean you can still keep your copy, don't get me wrong, but it should be decanonized.

windebieste

windebieste

Nah, we should retcon 'ALIENS'.  It's a great film as an alternative story, but a better one should have been made.  It's kind of like Deadpool in the Wolverine: Origins movie vs. the new Deadpool movie.  Yes the tale of Deadpool was told already, but a probably better one is about to unfold.  'ALIENS' has to go.  I mean you can still keep your copy, don't get me wrong, but it should be decanonized.

:laugh:

-Windebieste.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Remake ALIEN with the sexes and races switched. Parker is  white and everyone else is black. Ripley is a man and everyone else is female. Kane births a queen and before you know it facehuggers are crawling around the nostomo. Badaboom stuff rights itself, give me my millions  :laugh:

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: windebieste on Feb 10, 2016, 03:05:09 AM
Nah, we should retcon 'ALIENS'.  It's a great film as an alternative story, but a better one should have been made.  It's kind of like Deadpool in the Wolverine: Origins movie vs. the new Deadpool movie.  Yes the tale of Deadpool was told already, but a probably better one is about to unfold.  'ALIENS' has to go.  I mean you can still keep your copy, don't get me wrong, but it should be decanonized.

:laugh:

-Windebieste.

LOL   :laugh:  Seriously though LOL.

But in all seriousness, you can't compare Aliens to Alien 3.  Its a diamonds and oranges comparison.  The franchise hinges on Alien and Aliens.  Everything else is just trying in vain to live up to those standards.

windebieste

windebieste

Honestly, I don't think anything should be retconned.  Retcon is bad.

If the writers can't come up with another story in this series without the continuous need to step on the toes of predecessors*, then it's really just become a big joke at that point.

Fresh stories and new characters without shooting itself in the foot is what the series needs.  If Shaw doesn't reappear, I've got no problem with that.  It's not the first time characters have disappeared and their narrative abruptly concluded before their tale has ended.  I'd like to see her return, though.  Maybe in the 2nd or 3rd installments of this new trilogy, if it's going to happen at all. 

...and no.  Not as the big revelation that that's her, the pilot inside the derelict ship on Acheron.  That is so facepalm worthy.  lol.

-Windebieste.

*It's bad enough we are stuck with the deaths of Newt, Ripley and Hicks; but attempting to undo  that now is no guarantee of success.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: windebieste on Feb 10, 2016, 04:22:45 AM
...and no.  Not as the big revelation that that's her, the pilot inside the derelict ship on Acheron.  That is so facepalm worthy.  lol.

It'll actually be Ridley Scott. He'll pop the mask off, point at the camera and wink.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Honestly, I don't think anything should be retconned.  Retcon is bad.

If the writers can't come up with another story in this series without the continuous need to step on the toes of predecessors*, then it's really just become a big joke at that point.

Fresh stories and new characters without shooting itself in the foot is what the series needs.  If Shaw doesn't reappear, I've got no problem with that.  It's not the first time characters have disappeared and their narrative abruptly concluded before their tale has ended.  I'd like to see her return, though.  Maybe in the 2nd or 3rd installments of this new trilogy, if it's going to happen at all. 

-Windebieste.

*It's bad enough we are stuck with the deaths of Newt, Ripley and Hicks; but attempting to undo  that now is no guarantee of success.

The point is that it really is a sort of a joke.  The key here is that all Alien sequels were not pre-meditated at the time Alien was written.  It all happened organically, with no manifest destiny.  It is not like changing some of the films alters the grand masterplan.  This isn't Star Wars, where the first 6 films literally had to be what they are.  In the case of the Alien series, I think it should be ok to step back, look at the big picture and judge where the film series went sideways.  I think it will be glaringly obvious that this was at the moment of Alien 3.  I am totally for a different story being told.  Sure it could fail, but it cold also succeed.  That goes for every film.  Depending on the reception, Fox can then make a decision as to which sequel to Aliens is canon.  My money would be on Blomkammp's film over David Fincher's...

And back on topic.  I am really curious about what happened to Shaw.  I can't believe this "no Noomi Rapace" rumour caught so much traction.  I guess it is because Ridley hasn't made any efforts to correct the situation.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

A retcon would be stupid. AlienĀ³ happened and it isn't a bad movie and after all these years I've stopped caring about how they offed Newt and Hicks. Just let it go people.

However just letting Shaw go would be just as stupid. I can't stand her but that doesn't mean she couldn't be the greatest villain of all time once this trilogy is done.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 10, 2016, 04:38:29 AM

It'll actually be Ridley Scott. He'll pop the mask off, point at the camera and wink.

My worst fear.  :-X

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 10, 2016, 04:38:29 AMIt'll actually be Ridley Scott. He'll pop the mask off, point at the camera and wink.

Quote from: windebieste on Feb 10, 2016, 04:22:45 AMIf the writers can't come up with another story in this series without the continuous need to step on the toes of predecessors*, then it's really just become a big joke at that point.

This.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: windebieste on Feb 10, 2016, 04:22:45 AMIf the writers can't come up with another story in this series without the continuous need to step on the toes of predecessors*, then it's really just become a big joke at that point.

This.
[/quote]

This is all a work of fiction.  It is also not pre-planned fiction, meaning that the story can go in any direction just like an improv act.  In that sense, yes of course it is a joke.  But it is a good one, and I for one would love to hear it told in different directions.  Alien 3 is a fine film, but I would be happy to see a different tale told by another director.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 10, 2016, 08:33:27 AM

Watch as it turns out to be a Predator. We'll finally solve the mystery behind that picture of the Space Jockey with the Plasma Caster on his shoulder.  ;D

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Feb 10, 2016, 04:53:25 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 10, 2016, 08:33:27 AM

Watch as it turns out to be a Predator. We'll finally solve the mystery behind that picture of the Space Jockey with the Plasma Caster on his shoulder.  ;D

If its a Predator... I give up.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

"And then we're gonna go, and this f*cker's gonna scare the sh*t out of ya. It's going to scare ya worse than the Space Tapir ever did.'

CainsSon

CainsSon

They just have to step back and write something that pulls it all together. This ISN'T NEARLY as difficult as everyone is making it out to be.
I love her, but Sigourney f**ked it up when she didn't want to do ALIEN 5 on Earth and yes, killing of Newt and Hicks was a mistake narratively. But neither one of those scenarios are unmanageable provided the writer steps back and FOX thinks through the next FEW sequels and not just the NEXT one.

That's the problem. That has been the problem from the get-go. And contrary to ALMOST EVERYONE'S belief - it's not really even remotely unsolvable. Especially with where the story is now and since they are proceeding with another prequel that can easily tie into what happens later.
There is no need for a retcon. They need to come up with an all encompassing story and having a HOMEWORLD-type planet tied into it is the step they were always missing. The other big picture, missing element which BLOMKAMP's film seems to want to explore is what the COMPANY will do with the Alien if they get it.

If you'd rather not step things up because you'd rather have Hicks back, that's just childish and it isn't whats best for the series. Neither is ignoring multiple sequels. You want to say their deaths are poor writing - ok. But fixing it by retconning just makes a bigger mess.

This should have nothing to do with retconning or Alien 3 at this point. That was 4 films ago. Going back there, to that space, just because you want to, is bizarre and ridiculous, IMO anyway.

They just need to step back. Look at what has happened, and ask "what do we need to do to pull it together?' And then just yarn it. It's really NOT difficult as people have led themselves to believe.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed