Steam sale $3.75 today

Started by JayHy17, Jun 16, 2015, 07:11:27 AM

Author
Steam sale $3.75 today (Read 5,652 times)

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Guts on Jul 21, 2015, 10:46:03 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 21, 2015, 07:17:04 AM
Indeed. As long as you can get a few buddies to play Bughunt with it's generally fun. MP wasn't the trainwreck that SP was.

Probably because MP was made by a different development studio  ::)
This ^^

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Weeeeeelllpp I waited too long.  :P

Did the summer sale already happen, too?

Vermillion

Vermillion

Me too.  Fok

Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest

I got the Aliens pack for $8 during the sale so I got ACM, AVP2010, and all their DLC.  Now to get a Steam matching or custom build a PC that can actually run these games.   :laugh:

But I don't have a job at the moment, so... :'(

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Is this game even worth $3.75?

windebieste

windebieste

Yes.  It's worth about $3.75.  It should have been released at that price. 

What's more important, though, is how you value your time.  Standing in the shower all day with a rubber hose up yer butt might be a better use of your time. 

It's not the monetary value that's the problem with the purchase, it's how much time you lose playing the game itself in the futile hope that it can't be all that bad.

Keep that rubber hose handy.  Using it for a DIY enema is one thing but after playing 'A:CM' you might want to keep it handy for some self flagellation.  It's a better use of your time at the very least.

-Windebieste.

PsyKore

PsyKore

I think the game is pretty entertaining. It's worth it for the comedy value and Z-grade dialog that is packed within its story mode. I laughed my arse off while playing this game. I rank this up there with Hot Shots, The Naked Gun and Airplane as one of the greatest comedies.

NickisSmart

NickisSmart

Quote from: windebieste on Aug 12, 2015, 09:50:25 AM
Yes.  It's worth about $3.75.  It should have been released at that price. 

What's more important, though, is how you value your time.  Standing in the shower all day with a rubber hose up yer butt might be a better use of your time. 

It's not the monetary value that's the problem with the purchase, it's how much time you lose playing the game itself in the futile hope that it can't be all that bad.

Keep that rubber hose handy.  Using it for a DIY enema is one thing but after playing 'A:CM' you might want to keep it handy for some self flagellation.  It's a better use of your time at the very least.

-Windebieste.

I'd rather play Alien: Isolation, by the sounds of it. Paid $50 for it and the DLC and not a shred of buyer's remorse.

swarm87

swarm87

only bought it for the off chance of there being an SDK at some point so i could make a better game; had the CE for ps3 and for the most part enjoyed it

System Apollo

System Apollo

You're on an AvP forum because I'm assuming you're genuinely a fan. If so, it's definitely worth it. I must warn you though; it is a bad game. And not in the sense of how casual gamers criticized AvP2010. They messed up continuations, sources and creature designs. It's really saddening how much damage this game has done to the franchise that gearbox should get sue- oh wait, nevermind...

But seriously,  this game hurt Sega's integrity to the point where there was quite a bit of tension for Alien Isolation.

Get it, but I advise you to eleminate all possible expectations you might have for it.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Gonna bump this old necro thread because Steam is having another sale and all of the Aliens/AvP titles are on mad sale again.

I broke down and got AvP 2010 pc with dlc for about $8 after checking the steam charts to see if there were at least some people still playing the mp. I remember when we thought that game was bad... until Colonial Marines came out, lol. It's a f**king masterpiece by comparison.

Also finally got all of Isolation's DLC, which I've been long overdue in getting. You can get all of it for like $12 and I'm super excited to scare the poop out of myself again.

Oh and if you want to punch yourself in the nuts/vag then stick a hot poker up your ass, it will be more fun than playing Colonial Marines, but that insult to humanity is also on sale for $5 more than it's worth. :D If it wasn't obvious, I strongly advise against that last one. I wouldn't let Pitchford pick the sticky change out of my car cupholders for a McDonald's coffee.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed