YES
16 (80%)
NOT SURE
1 (5%)
NO
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author
Future theme for predator movie (Read 6,100 times)

THE CITY HUNTER

I was thinking since there have been so much predator movie in present day would it not be cool to have a predator movie set in the future with marines with smartguns on a colony. Well what do you think.

The Alien Predator

YES I would love to see that.

Either this or Predators hunting in historical settings.

Or even Predators hunting a different intelligent life. (Not sure how that would work as a movie, but it could work in a game or a one-shot comic if done right. Could also work really well in a novel.)

LAWNMOWERMAN

present or future is find by me,
all i ask for is mindless blood and a high body count

your pitch is actually very similar to a rumored PRED script that was going(floating) around years ago like in 2007ish? or something that i remember reading about on here or another site about "a group of marines running into a bunch on PREDS on a planet that were planning to invade EARTH", with THE ROCK's name being attach.

if when you say "marines", you mean like the colonial marines from the AVP games etc.
the only gripe that i would have is using "colonial marines" , to me "colonial marines" are a ALIENS and AVP(games) thing
having colonial marines and no XENOs would not feel right

now why the f++k the braintrust at FOX studios could have done that for the AVP(films) is beyond me

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: LAWNMOWERMAN on May 24, 2015, 08:07:14 AM
present or future is find by me,
all i ask for is mindless blood and a high body count

your pitch is actually very similar to a rumored PRED script that was going(floating) around years ago like in 2007ish? or something that i remember reading about on here or another site about "a group of marines running into a bunch on PREDS on a planet that were planning to invade EARTH", with THE ROCK's name being attach.

if when you say "marines", you mean like the colonial marines from the AVP games etc.
the only gripe that i would have is using "colonial marines" , to me "colonial marines" are a ALIENS and AVP(games) thing
having colonial marines and no XENOs would not feel right

now why the f++k the braintrust at FOX studios could have done that for the AVP(films) is beyond me
Maybe marines as the united Americas soilders just something in the future something innovative not the same jungle setting maybe like area 52 in AVP 1999

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Good idea? Yes, I think it could be.

Will we get it? Doubt it, it'd be too expensive.

RakaiThwei

A Predator movie set in the future? Mmmm.. Only if it's separate from the Alien timeline, or as a continuation of AVP but.. that's it.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 27, 2015, 09:09:16 AM
Will we get it? Doubt it, it'd be too expensive.

Agreed..

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 27, 2015, 03:34:02 PM
A Predator movie set in the future? Mmmm.. Only if it's separate from the Alien timeline, or as a continuation of AVP but.. that's it.

I dunno...seeing a Predator only film where they go up against some Colonial Marines could be really fun!

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 27, 2015, 03:37:07 PM
I dunno...seeing a Predator only film where they go up against some Colonial Marines could be really fun!

Oh I'm not denying that, but with this revisionist history going on within the Alien timeline... Yeeeaaaaaah, I'd prefer it to be a separate thing entirely or a continuation of AvP. You know.. multiple timelines.. all that jive.

One thing I'd like to see... Predator in a futuristic city setting. Kind of cyberpunk setting? I know that someone mentioned an AvP script written in a Blade Runner type setting, just remove the Alien, revise the Predator as the main antagonist... There you go.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 27, 2015, 03:41:59 PMOne thing I'd like to see... Predator in a futuristic city setting. Kind of cyberpunk setting?

Concrete Jungle (the game) did a decent job of that. I loved the setting.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 27, 2015, 03:44:56 PM
Concrete Jungle (the game) did a decent job of that. I loved the setting.

Concrete Jungle was an awesome game, if you want my opinion. Absolutely loved it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 27, 2015, 03:45:56 PMConcrete Jungle was an awesome game, if you want my opinion. Absolutely loved it.

The controls were a bit ass, but otherwise I completely agree.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 27, 2015, 04:37:58 PM
The controls were a bit ass, but otherwise I completely agree.

I had no problems with the controls, probably because I changed the button configuration with Style 7- Slayer.

Xenomorphine

So long as the story would also factor in however many centuries of their own technological advancement. Would be a bit strange to see a 1980s/1990s-era Predator wandering around.

Corporal Hicks

Unless they are a stagnant people. Which might be an interesting thing itself.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 05, 2015, 07:13:36 AM
Unless they are a stagnant people. Which might be an interesting thing itself.

I agree, I think they are a bit stagnant in some ways.

Look at us, we have some super advanced computers and are progressing with robotics.

Yet we still rely on petrol for our cars when we could've shifted to solar powered cars long ago, heck, we had battery powered cars much earlier than we thought. Admittedly it's not as practical yet as a petrol powered car, but given enough technological motivation, we could make it practical. But humans like it easy so we stick with the easiest method.  :P Our own technology can be a bit schizophrenic. But we do advance pretty fast.

Yet the Predators are taking it easy with regards to ships and even their fashion. They must've been like this since 6,000 BCE (if you take what AvP says as true, where they came and taught humans to build, and the first civilization started around six thousand years ago. Plus one of the NECA toys backstories mentions something in Egypt 4,000 years ago that started the whole clan blood feud between the classics and the Berserker Predator's clan)

And even AvP comics, games and novels, humanity changes and advances, they get motion trackers, smart guns, ftl travel, synthetics while Predators still hunt them with their regular hunting gear.

Who knows though? Maybe they do advanced in other things but still purposely keep limiting themselves for the challenge? It may be traditional. Maybe they have reached a technological peak for themselves and see no further reason to progress.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed