Neill Blomkamp: Alien3 & Resurrection "Went Off The Rails"

Started by Tough little S.O.B., Mar 02, 2015, 05:41:34 PM

Author
Neill Blomkamp: Alien3 & Resurrection "Went Off The Rails" (Read 82,898 times)

Rankles75

Just what I wanted to hear from NB... :)

Tough little S.O.B.

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 02, 2015, 08:58:08 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 02, 2015, 07:32:11 PM
If you're being sarcastic, I can't see it. If you're being serious, take it to PM please.

I'll PM you shortly.

Why you find it offensive If I may ask?

Xenomorphine

"Now I get to make the third film of the first two, which I think never happened."

Unless we get yet another contradictory quote, looks like this is as close to an 'it's a retcon' admission as we're ever going to get.

SpreadEagleBeagle

It's official - NIEL BLOMKAMP IS A LAZY, CHEAP HACK! This movie got stupid even before they started shooting it...

Corporal Hicks

Indeed. I think it's hard to think any other way at this point.

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 02, 2015, 09:07:09 PM
It's official - NIEL BLOMKAMP IS A LAZY, CHEAP HACK! This movie got stupid even before they started shooting it...

Alright - enough of the attitude please. It's getting very dull. You're welcome to voice constructive and level headed criticism of the idea but the insults are getting tedious. Chill out.

marrerom

I'm still hoping for a Alien 5 that's not going to destroy continuity...I'll admit that its looking bleak though  :-\

I just hope that Weaver has the integrity to stand by her previous films and advocate that this new movie fit into established canon.

NetworkATTH

I think you're being a bit too serious about the whole thing.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 02, 2015, 09:07:20 PM
So egg-morphing confirmed as well?

Yes please. I'd love to see it explored, especially in tandem with a Queen (seeing how both methods of reproduction could co-exist is even more intriguing than seeing one on its own, in my opinion).

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 02, 2015, 09:07:32 PM

Alright - enough of the attitude please. It's getting very dull. You're welcome to voice constructive and level headed criticism of the idea but the insults are getting tedious. Chill out.

Well, that is the truth, but I guess I'll turn it down even though he is a really smug douche trying to sound open-minded and reasonable when in reality he just wants to direct ALIENS 2 and please his own ego by being remembered as the guy who saved the franchise and directed the "true" sequel to ALIENS.

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 02, 2015, 09:12:56 PM

Yes please. I'd love to see it explored, especially in tandem with a Queen (seeing how both methods of reproduction could co-exist is even more intriguing than seeing one on its own, in my opinion).

I think it should be used, as in, Aliens have the ability to lay eggs regardless, but the Queen is just the goal of these things, and this method can be used to jump start a nest population as a Queen matures, because the brute is bound to vulnerable as it grows. You need a secondary method that can allow you to grow the population to defend the growing nest. But don't have some cheap attempt at saying, it reconstitutes the material of the host into an egg. I rather like the idea, it uses the host, as a nutrient source. Just as a tarantula hawk lays eggs inside of a spider, the larval "egg", uses the host as a food source. It grows around the host, and the host is slowly eaten alive.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 02, 2015, 09:15:12 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 02, 2015, 09:07:32 PM

Well, that is the truth, but I guess I'll runs it down even though he is a really smug douche trying to sound open-minded and reasonable when in reality he just wants to direct ALIENS 2 and please his own ego by being remembered as the guy who saved the franchise and directed the "true" sequel to ALIENS.

We don't know any of the fine details yet. So before you go off the handle any more, rein it in. If you can't voice your concerns without being insulting or condescending, I suggest you don't voice it at all.

Rankles75

I'd be very interested to see egg-morphing explored in the new film. Always liked the deleted scene from Alien where Ripley encountered Dallas and Brett, and have been intrigued as to how the whole process works...

marrerom

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Mar 02, 2015, 09:15:12 PM
he just wants to direct ALIENS 2 and please his own ego by being remembered as the guy who saved the franchise and directed the "true" sequel to ALIENS.

He's not the first director that's tried to do that (Strause bros).

I have a lot of confidence that his Alien film will be a good movie.  I just think that his approach is all wrong.  Disregarding half the series is crazy and I believe that the executives at fox, The producers, Weaver would be reluctant to take that approach.  Its still very early, there's no script, no one is officially casted yet, so I'm hoping for this talk of retconning to be properly debunked by the time an official script has been completed.

Corporal Hicks

I'd like to see it return in some capacity. I always loved that idea as much as the host idea. It's still quite a nice perversion of the body.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed