Trauma Map Pack Announced: Alien Isolation DLC

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 02, 2014, 10:27:37 AM

Author
Trauma Map Pack Announced: Alien Isolation DLC (Read 17,455 times)

Corporal Hicks

Creative Assembly has just announced the second Survivor map pack for Alien Isolation, Trauma, and issued a challenge to the community:

“'Trauma', will see you exploring the three new maps as Sevastopol's medical officer, Dr Lingard, who you may have already encountered in our main game.

Racked with guilt and feeling responsible for bringing the creature on board, she holds herself liable for the death and destruction that ravages the station as the Alien is unleashed.

Wanting to ensure that her research on the creature can never fall into the wrong hands, Lingard sets out to destroy all the data and do as much as she can to help the remaining survivors.

Playing as Lingard, you'll be facing the challenge of competing against other players to get the fastest time and the highest points score across three new Survivor Mode maps, 'Reoperation', 'Crawl Space' and 'Overrun'.”

Trauma is the second of five Survivor maps due out and is available from today.

Corporal Hicks

I haven't played the first set yet - I was waiting to buy the season pass which I think I'll do tonight. Quite looking forward to giving it a go!

HuDaFuK

I haven't tried either of the DLCs - or Survivor mode in general, really - but I might give it a go some time. Please share your thoguhts if you do pick this up, I heard mixed things about the previous add-on.

ikarop

Just finished it and I'm not very impressed tbh. The alien only showed up for me on the first level, which is nicely fleshed out, at least on the same line as the previous pack. The second level is essentially facehuggers everywhere, which still aren't random for me, and a couple of androids. You start with the flamethower and there's fuel every two steps. The third level was all androids and it's incredibly brief, it was as 2 minute walk for me.

Corporal Hicks

I've not tried Corporate Lockdown so can't really comment on the huggers - but the Alien is supposed to be random. You tried it again to see if it has more of a presence?

HuDaFuK

Survivor doesn't have a selectable difficulty setting does it? Because on easy the Alien almost never shows up in the main campaign, at least not until towards the end. By comparison, on hard it's there almost constantly.

Valaquen

I was enamoured by the main game but the DLC hasn't interested me so far. I'll give it a miss.

HuDaFuK

It's the lack of any attempt at story that's put me off. I'm sure the gameplay's OK, but they didn't even do any cutscenes or voiceover work for the first DLC pack.

Valaquen

It reminds me of the Assassin's Creed DLC. A bunch of maps and not much else to alter the core gameplay or develop the story in deep or at least meaningful ways.

HuDaFuK

I find the lack of attempt at story even more frustrating because they're picking interesting characters to play as. Ransome and Lingard were ripe for development.

Taxemic

Wow the description is far better than the DLC itself.

Valaquen

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 02, 2014, 02:57:46 PM
I find the lack of attempt at story even more frustrating because they're picking interesting characters to play as. Ransome and Lingard were ripe for development.

Yeah, I'm very much a 'story and characters' kind of gamer. It's the hardest thing (imo) that a game can pull off, and Isolation has buckets of story and intrigue that they could, but haven't, expanded on.

ikarop

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 02, 2014, 02:17:09 PM
I've not tried Corporate Lockdown so can't really comment on the huggers - but the Alien is supposed to be random. You tried it again to see if it has more of a presence?

It's scripted not to appear at certain times, same as in the main game just not as obvious. For me it won't appear during the second and third maps no matter how much noise you make.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Valaquen on Dec 02, 2014, 03:21:22 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 02, 2014, 02:57:46 PM

Yeah, I'm very much a 'story and characters' kind of gamer. It's the hardest thing (imo) that a game can pull off, and Isolation has buckets of story and intrigue that they could, but haven't, expanded on.

I wish it was more story driven DLC too but unfortunately I doubt we'll see it. I like the basic premise of Survivor. Reminds me a lot of Alien Trilogy.

Quote from: ikarop on Dec 02, 2014, 04:39:55 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 02, 2014, 02:17:09 PM

It's scripted not to appear at certain times, same as in the main game just not as obvious. For me it won't appear during the second and third maps no matter how much noise you make.

That a shame. Are other reporting similar issues?

I'm downloading the updates now but I'm suddenly not as enthusiastic.  :-\

ikarop

Don't think it's an issue at all. It seems pretty intentional.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed