Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 866,965 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 02, 2017, 08:05:52 PM
So Terminator Genisys was on TV. Maybe I was just in a masochistic mood, but I watched it.

It started out not making sense, and somehow managed to make less and less as it went along. This is what happens when people are so busy riding the dumb "fan service" train (that sadly seems to be all the rage these days) they completely forget to craft a coherent story.

From what I've read, they supposedly had everything mapped out with a set of notes, that were supposed to go to all the different productions teams... only they somehow all got different notes. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I'd laugh if that didn't seem so depressingly plausible.

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Kill Bill Vol 1

N-Shifter

N-Shifter

"It comes at night".

I mean I liked it BUT it's not the movie the trailer set up, I feel slightly cheated by that - I want to see that movie.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: N-Shifter on Dec 03, 2017, 07:57:43 PM
"It comes at night".

I mean I liked it BUT it's not the movie the trailer set up, I feel slightly cheated by that - I want to see that movie.

^ This. I agree. By the end of the film I was like ... wait a second ... this isn't what the trailer hinted at.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 02, 2017, 10:31:33 AMNot quite sure why Golden Circle seemed to get so much negative press when it came out. Sure, it wasn't quite as good as the first, but it was still a helluva good time and one of the most entertaining films I've seen this year.

Same here.
Press always to exaggerate. Or plain lie.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 02, 2017, 12:29:49 PM
Alone in the Dark
The first Uwe Boll film ive seen and while its not too bad, it could have been so much better.

I think his best movies are Rampage 1, 2 and Attack On Wall Street.

D88M

D88M

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 02, 2017, 10:31:33 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 02, 2017, 12:42:08 AMWatchmen - Director's Cut

Watchmen Ultimate Cut is a masterpiece and a work of art, is THE superhero movie, very complex and layered

Last movie i watched was Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2, it had some good moments, but overall was pretty stupid and lotd of out of place forced jokes

I also saw Super Dark Times, is good

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 02, 2017, 12:29:49 PM
Alone in the Dark
The first Uwe Boll film ive seen and while its not too bad, it could have been so much better. It hints at people being killed off, but then you never see what happens or get clarification on if they do die. Who thought Tara Reid could play an Archaeologist (probably the same person who though Denise Richards could play a Nuclear Scientist) and its meant to be a sequel to a game, but completely contradicts what happens in said game lol. How the hell did he get Nightwish and others on the soundtrack

Uwe got the nark with Tara Reid on that one, man. Look, say what you will but at that time, these direct to dvd things had to deliver two things: blood and gratuitous nudity. Reid agreed to everything in the script and then refused to do them when she got on set which drove Boll nuts. He really goes to town about it on the commentary.

I've enjoyed many of his films - the BloodRayne ones are my favorites.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 02, 2017, 10:31:33 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 01, 2017, 03:12:48 PMKingsman The Golden Circle
Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 02, 2017, 12:42:08 AMWatchmen - Director's Cut

Love both of those.

Not quite sure why Golden Circle seemed to get so much negative press when it came out. Sure, it wasn't quite as good as the first, but it was still a helluva good time and one of the most entertaining films I've seen this year.

Aboslutely, one of my favorite movie this year  ;)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Predator

Pretty sophisticated for a bunch of half assed mountain boys.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 04, 2017, 11:49:46 PM
Predator

Pretty sophisticated for a bunch of half assed mountain boys.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

The Untamed (La región salvaje) (2017)
Mexican relationship drama with a small Lovecraftian angle and an abrupt ending.
Wouldn't recommend it.

Lord, Give Me Patience (Señor, dame paciencia) (2017)
Nice comedy. Not great or special but certainly not bad.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Year without Santa Claus
Yeah Its started. Christmas movies coming out the ass. This one was okay. John Goodman plays a good Santa, but you know its cheep when Chris Kazan appears lol

Daddy's Home 2
Really enjoyed this. Mel Gibson pretty much just plays Riggs really. Its great to see John Lithgow on screen again

Battle of the Sexes
A bit slow getting started but once it picked up it was a great story. Everyone comes across as Human, making good and bad decisions. Oscar contender i think

The Dictator
Lol If youre a fan of Sasha Baron Cohen youll love this. Also probably Ben Kingsley's best film in years lol

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
Hope some of the characters from this who didnt appear in 5 come back for 6. Again some great sequences. Although it should be time for Cruise to move on now

Survivor
An intriguing Thriller starring Milla Jovovich and Pierce Brosnon. It had a great build but the ending was massivily rushed. Could have done with another 20 minutes for it

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Phantom of the Opera (1925)

Hmmm, how to talk about this without saying "Chaney is a beast" on loop... :laugh: Well, I watched the 1925 release edit for the first time. I don't think it's discernibly better than the '29 rerelease that's the most commonly found version, even if it does clear up the "Carlotta's mother" oddness. The real difference would have been made if the original ending were present, but that has sadly been lost time.

I will say that this is easily the most faithful adaptation of Leroux's novel that I've seen, even with its changes. That being said, I would love to see someone tackle the crazier stuff from the book, like the different residents of the opera cellars and the Phantom's far out, globe trotting backstory.

Psycho II

I really enjoyed this. It took a smart, psychological approach to the character of Norman Bates, with plenty of twists and turns. And that ending was supremely f**ked up. I mean, damn.

Predator 2

"Want some ganja mon?" :laugh: I like to pretend these are the same Jamaican gang members from Marked for Death.

D88M

D88M

Justice League. Unwatchable, incoherent mess whedon and wb made out of a Snyder movie, where almost all the footage is from reshoots, lots of bad jokes, no characters, bad music, no developing of anything, no themes, nothing is souless and boring and stupid, they did the same crap with SS.

Spiderman Homecoming. Meh, i have extremely low expectation of the mcu movies at this point, but it has some decent moments. It still too much disney and too little Marvel, and not much resemblance to anything Spiderman related, pretty forgettable all around.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed