Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 867,927 times)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 12, 2017, 08:51:32 AM
Quote from: Hennex Forest on Jun 10, 2017, 03:44:48 AMThe Mummy (1999) - B+

The sequels are pretty naff, but the first one of those is one of my favourite films of the 90s. Just a solid good time from end to end.

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jun 11, 2017, 01:32:56 PMAnother annual nostalgic movie viewing...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bUkSMxeaeuA

9/10 One of the best B movies of the 90s for sure!

It wasn't until I watched that trailer that I realised I've seen that :laugh:
Gotta mention that I am glad I am not the only person on Earth who has seen these movies that I have been posting :)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

:laugh: Used to get some channel on TV one year at university that pretty much exclusively showed stuff like this. Can't remember what it was called but we used to just refer to it as "the shitty horror channel". Was a goldmine when you come in drunk at 2:00am.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jun 12, 2017, 10:52:07 AM

Highlander 3 - The Sorcerer
There's a good film in there waiting to get out

"Yes, only one! But it will not! Be you! HA! HA! HA! HA!" :laugh:

Dillinger (1973)

It has some rough patches, being Milius' first film as director and all, but it's still worth the watch and has some good performances.

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Kingsman. Haven't seen it in a while and the second one is coming out soon.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Waxwork
Waxwork II: Lost in Time

Both very fun movies, even if the second really strains the premise and kills its pacing in the second half.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 12, 2017, 12:32:47 PM
:laugh: Used to get some channel on TV one year at university that pretty much exclusively showed stuff like this. Can't remember what it was called but we used to just refer to it as "the shitty horror channel". Was a goldmine when you come in drunk at 2:00am.
Thats really neat. I would love to see a vintage "Sci-Fi" cable channel come back one day.... :)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Mummy's Hand
A fun, entertaining B movie, if a bit thin and disposable.

Candyman
Not enough good things to say about this one. A smart, intriguing look at stories and storytelling.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Puppet Master
The puppets are cool, but the movie on the whole is pretty lame and padded with psychic visions and fairly boring sex.

Puppet Master II: His Unholy Creations
Nothing special, but it's a lot better than the first film, and makes for decent time waster horror film. That ending was random as hell batshit insanity, though.

Puppet Master III: Toulon's Revenge
Now that was pretty good. Puppets vs Nazis is a hard concept to go wrong with.

Stillmatic

Stillmatic

La La Land (2016)    6.5/10

Really great performances from Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling, I found the start boring but once these two meet up things improve. I wish they had more dialogue scenes because for me there isn't enough. The ending is really good and it leaves you with a much better lasting impression of the film.

Magic (1978)    2/10

Very predictable and boring. Jerry Goldsmith was one of the great composers but I didn't like his music for this, every time they showed the dummy you would hear the same sound, it became so repetitive and irritating.

Prez

Prez

Predator with my wife - on it's 30th anniversary too.

Was quite chuffed she knew some of the famous one liners (Billy's in particular!).

Such a fantastic film.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Raw (2016) - destined to become another French horror classic

Quote from: Stillmatic on Jun 16, 2017, 04:24:49 AM

Magic (1978)    2/10

Very predictable and boring. Jerry Goldsmith was one of the great composers but I didn't like his music for this, every time they showed the dummy you would hear the same sound, it became so repetitive and irritating.

You need to give that another chance.  Excellent film.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 15, 2017, 05:26:52 AM
Puppet Master III: Toulon's Revenge
Now that was pretty good. Puppets vs Nazis is a hard concept to go wrong with.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I saw one of the Puppet Master films on that "shitty horror channel" (probably like the ninth sequel or something) and remember it being pretty quite funny in a completely unintentional way.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The third one is genuinely decent, I have little hope for anything past 5 or so, from what I've heard. I do want to enjoy 10 when I get to it, since it features a Nazi wolf man puppet named... wait for it... Weremacht. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

:laugh: Worth the cover price for that alone.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed