Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 196,707 times)

Nightmare Asylum

I like Predators. Love it up until the end of Nolan's first scene. After that it starts to get pretty sloppy, but it remains fun to the end.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Master on Feb 22, 2015, 06:38:42 PMHate? Hardly. Just lack of interest because of copying Predator`s every major scene.

Lack of interest, fine. But the way some people react to that film, it's like it killed their dog or something.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I am probably the only one possibly in the world who hates PREDATORS. But I wouldn't say like it killed my dog, since the dog's been dead for years. Morbid joke there.

I just didn't like the fact they picked an exploitation film creator to helm the project and his ideas. PREDATORS could have been worse. The Super Predators cheapened the original concept of the creature and the Preserve Planet idea was lame in that it made it seem like Predators don't like a challenging hunt anymore and want easy wins.

That and some of the character dialogue is just in poor taste. Really? Space faggot? Bitch raping time?

Those are my gripes anyway and solely mine.

Master

Master

Those quotes come form an seriel killer, rapist and long time inmate with death penalty on his neck. I don`t think it`s too farfetched for him to use rather poor language. Just saying  :D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The film certainly wasn't a masterpiece, and was really little more than average, but I don't think it's the blight on the series some people seem to act like it is. It had it's moments. It was by no means awful. Rodriguez's original script was, but the actual film was alright.

Master

Master

It`s much worse then P1/2 so it is blight on series... from a certain point of view.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I haven't seen Predators since it came out in theaters and I had the blu-ray since X-mas 2010. I haven't had a reason to re-watch it since then. I remember it being good and good fresh air after dealing with the AVP movie for six years.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 22, 2015, 07:45:27 PM
The film certainly wasn't a masterpiece, and was really little more than average, but I don't think it's the blight on the series some people seem to act like it is.

I thought the movie was pretty mediocre and the ideas which were brought to the table didn't really agree with me. I've mentioned why, so I feel like I shouldn't have to explain myself again. But you say other people didn't like the movie.. Who else didn't like it, if you don't mind me being so curious? I mean I've seen nothing but PRAISE for this movie.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I'm not arguing with your right to dislike it :)

I just feel it occasionally gets a lot more hate than I think it really deserves. At worst, it was average. It had negatives, but also quite a few positives. It certainly didn't destroy the series, which is the feeling I sometimes get from some people (not singling out anyone in particular, just the overall impression I get).

Corporal Hicks

I feel like that too. And I'm sure most of the hate comes from the idea of the Super Predators...an idea that didn't even make it into the final movie.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

As I mentioned, I think maybe the film is tarnished by Rodriguez's original script, which was pretty awful. But that's unfair because almost nothing from that script actually made it into the final film.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Master on Feb 22, 2015, 06:38:42 PM
Hate? Hardly. Just lack of interest because of copying Predator`s every major scene.
That's the thing though, Predators really doesn't do that. If you pay attention to what's going on, it's really subverting a lot of the tropes in 'Predator' in clever ways. I liked 'Predators' on my first viewing because it felt like a fun homage to Predator, but the more I watched it the more I picked up on what was different and I ended up liking the movie more.

It's like the people who complained that the Thing prequel copied the Carpenter movie wholesale - no it didn't, in fact it went out of its way to not copy it or to subvert the audience's expectations when it seemed like it was copying it.

Master

Master

That`s opinion. Most of the time  it feels like big budget Predator homage. But that`s not my biggest problem. It dosen`t really use things that could make it it`s won movie. We are on alien planet. Why dosen`t it look more like alien jungle? Why there are no strange alien creatures all fans always wanted to see? New things like falcon are bearly used. We have Noland how coud give us more info about predators. But insted he is a gimmick character, that dies in riddiculous way. Predators has chances but dosen`t really use them.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Master on Feb 23, 2015, 06:00:16 PM
That`s opinion. Most of the time  it feels like big budget Predator homage. But that`s not my biggest problem. It dosen`t really use things that could make it it`s won movie. We are on alien planet. Why dosen`t it look more like alien jungle? Why there are no strange alien creatures all fans always wanted to see? New things like falcon are bearly used. We have Noland how coud give us more info about predators. But insted he is a gimmick character, that dies in riddiculous way. Predators has chances but dosen`t really use them.

I like Predators, but I tend to agree. It feels like a film that never becomes more than the sum of it's parts. It has ideas, and some interesting concepts, it just doesn't really utilise them very well. It needed another solid fifteen minutes at least to really flesh out some of the ideas and in a few places it should have utilised the alien planet itself over the homages it kept making to Predator.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 23, 2015, 11:13:17 AM
As I mentioned, I think maybe the film is tarnished by Rodriguez's original script, which was pretty awful. But that's unfair because almost nothing from that script actually made it into the final film.

I'm just grateful the Arnie ending didn't happen. I was flipping my biscuits on here back when that first leaked out. Then again i've never been a fan of the idea of a human being joining up with the predators in any of the expanded media. That just seems incredibly stupid. That's like Bambi joining up with Charleston Heston's character from "Alaska."

A show of respect for being worthy prey ala Predator 2 is fine. A sense of fair play like the way Classic worked with Royce in exchange for freedom is fine. Anything beyond that just pushes the whole thing into farce for me, though.

AvP didn't sell it too well from a visual standpoint either, though. As has been said, it almost looks like a super hero dynamic duo.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The AVP comic did the team up thing decently, but joining the Predators on their ship took it too far.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed